Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 fall themedCLOTHESPIN SWAPon their way back to you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fall themedCLOTHESPIN SWAPon their way back to you Next Topic
Page: of 8

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  10:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, what do they look like. Glad we are fine Michelle.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  10:36:14 PM  Show Profile
okay...pinchy clothespin story....

growing up we use clothespins for their intended purpopse and for clipping chip bags shut and anything else and important papers, etc....

one year on christmas eve we had the whole fam over after christmas eve mass...yes i used to go to church as a child...i think i was about 14 yrs old...well...the whole night my sisters and aunts and uncles had been clipping a clothespin to various parts of someone and when they realized they were "it"...they would clip it on someone else in a sneaky way...you get the idea...

well...1/2 way through the night i was "it"...and sneakily put it on my dad's behind...he never noticed it the whole rest of the evening...when everyone left, he went to sit down and realized it...and my sisters pointed at me and let him know i was the culprit AND that it had been there all night...so he started running towards me to clip it onto me...so i turned around full tilt and started running.......SMACK !!!!!!!!!!!!into the hardwood doorfacing...knocked me out cold and split my head open at 10 pm on christmas eve...knocked my lenses outta my glasses...and put a dent in the hardwood door facing! So, I do not know if you have ever been to the ER on christmas eve, but it does not move quickly...and they wanted to do xrays to make sure i did not have any skull fragments floating around!!! As you can imagine...Santa was a little late coming that year as we were all at the ER until like 4:30 or 5 am! So, be careful with your clippies!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile
if she is talking about the one piece squares, they are very cute, just similar to the round, but square..and slender...hmmm...let me go look for a pic...it is dark and mine are outside...too creepy...sorry!
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  07:56:12 AM  Show Profile
The square ones don't have a spring, they are the solid wooden ones and look like the ones that have a round "ball" on top but instead have like a flat square on top. I've never seen them like that before but think that they may still make that kind. I haven't decided if I will use the old ones or buy some new ones to decorate - it's a hard decision!!!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

AFMom
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Erica
North Dakota
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  09:19:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,

I would like to participate with this swap..my first one...please let me know all the rules and what I should do...if it would be better to email me just do that...but I would really like to do this...so hope to hear from someone soon:) I will contribute 18 to begin with...thanks so much...Erica:)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  09:21:54 AM  Show Profile
well...welcome to the farm Erica...glad to have you. The rules are all listed in the first post, and if you need more instruction than that, we will all be happy to help you on that!! I will add you to the list! Glad to have you!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  9:08:51 PM  Show Profile
okay who else would like to decorate and swap clothespins with all of us clothespin junkies?
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  09:33:05 AM  Show Profile
I'll sign up for 36. We were in "amish country" in NW Indiana this last Monday and lots of women had laundry hanging out, so I saw lots of clothespin bags. We were on the motorcycle, so I didn't get a really good look, but lots of them were decorated in some way. Some were as big as pillowcases! One looked like a little girl's dress -- kind of a pale green with a white Peter Pan collar. Very cute!! So, I decided that I'd join this swap when I got back home. I'm not too artsy--hopefully I can come up with something acceptable!

Just another thing about the amish clothes hanging out--one person had what looked like a bicycle wheel strung up, with socks & undies clipped all around it and onto all the spokes--a lot of laundry hanging in a very little space--it was very inventive looking!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile
sounds very cool you are on the list...oh and kt...i am going to use one extra of your squares and getthe rest back to you if that is okay...let me know!
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  09:52:21 AM  Show Profile
That's fine, Jess. You can just hang onto them & send them back with the clothespins to save postage. Thanks!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  1:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
Please add me to the 36 list.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  1:57:24 PM  Show Profile
welcome to this swap...glad to have you!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  3:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
smoothie! I have my clothespins in an envelope all ready to mail...all I need is your address....they were fun!

Posting and sewing all the day long...la la la

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  5:30:16 PM  Show Profile
"The Check is in the Mail" oh wait, I mean the Clothespins are in the mail.!!!...
Jess I included a padded envelope along w/postage stamps. You might want to have the clerk weigh the package first & if I sent to many stamps, use them how ever you wish, but if I did not include enough, please let me know so I can send you the difference.
Thanx for hosting, You Go Girl!!!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  5:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Mine are done and ready to be mailed to you as well!! Just need your addy and $ amount to send you for return postage!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  5:57:02 PM  Show Profile
katmom you are welcome!

Blanche...i am emailing you now...and everyone else, I will email in the over night or in the morning!
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  6:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! They will be on the way in the next day or so.........and by the way I am hooked on making these!!! I had so much fun and look forward to any future swaps!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  6:08:28 PM  Show Profile
oh good...arent they swell?
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  11:39:59 PM  Show Profile
"Swell"????? "SWELL"????
Girlfriend, you need to get out of the '50's and join us, how about "Groovy", oh wait, still wrong decade,,, "Radical", nope, so what is the current phrase for something that is really awesome?, oh, how about "AWESOME"!!!!! (ok, I'll back of the martinis now) LOL!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 05 2007 11:40:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  11:45:48 PM  Show Profile
You gals are already done, I haven't even started....I am a late bloomer....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  05:56:12 AM  Show Profile
oh jeez..how many martinis grace?
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  10:59:42 PM  Show Profile
okay i emailed everyone..if you did not get the email with the info and my address...please let me know!...carol sue did you get it? we are officially closed now!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  11:56:38 PM  Show Profile
Nope sweetie didn't get it, But if katmom has the address I can get it from her.
CS

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  12:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Guess what just showed up, your email jess,
sent a short one back to you.
CS

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  06:15:58 AM  Show Profile
hey i got your email...did you get my reply? maybe our email to each other works now!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fall themedCLOTHESPIN SWAPon their way back to you Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page