Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic
Page: of 3

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile

Hello,hello hello.. I am Margie, born in Baltimore Md. 69 years ago. Went to Nursing school at Johns Hopkins Hospital many, many years ago..Lived in Annapolis Md. for 5 years with first Husband,than remarried 5 years later and live in Owings Mills, Maryland 40 years..
We have 3 children,, 2 married, one still looking...5 grandkids....

Found this site 4 days after I had a heart attack and Surgery for blockages and thank the Lord every day for all of you...Too many names to mention, but I don't know what I would have done without them...

Still have trouble staying with things, but I just hang in there and keep trying......And I am so forgetful... I have to write everything down... Oh well enough about me.....Hugs to you all.

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...

Edited by - newheart on Aug 22 2007 09:47:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  10:51:02 AM  Show Profile
hi,
i am debbie and somehow i am 51 yrs old! yikes. i was born in peekskill, ny. moved to boise id in 1978. moved back to ny in 1986 and lived in peekskill, garrison, beacon, cold spring, brewster and bethel, ct. moved to north idaho in 1999. i'm a mom, grandma and work in financial services.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  10:58:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Fran!!!
I wish you could sit on my front porch with me & listen to my baby(13 yr old) play his banjo,mandolin and guitar. Only bad thing about kids playin bluegrass music is that it leaves when they do!!:(
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  11:31:29 AM  Show Profile
It's so nice to read all of these posts and get to know you all a little better!
I'm Jessie, born and raised in Swartz Creek, Michigan. I graduated from Central Michigan University in 1999, and shortly thereafter moved to Cleveland, Ohio, to be closer to my then-fiancee-now-husband! My husband's job took us from Cleveland to Reading, Pennsylvania, in 2004, but we missed the Midwest so much we moved back to Michigan last year. I'm now happily settled in our oldie-but-a-goodie bungalow in Saint Johns, Michigan with my husband Matt, two cats - Oscar and Truman - and a very energetic Corgi named Bucky.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Rosemary here. I'm an only child, now pushing 60. Dad was career military, but we didn't move around as much as most families in that situation do. After Dad returned from the Korean War, we moved from Newark, NJ, where I was born, down to Patrick AFB in Florida, near Cape Canaveral. We had quarters right on the beach and I lived like a mermaid!

Then we moved up to Maryland, where Dad (a great horseman) taught me to ride at the stables at Fort Meade. (Hiya Blanche! Do you remember if they still had the stables when you were there?)

Then, Dad got transferred to Andrews AFB just south of Washington DC. We had great schools there, and it was all countyside then. Fabulous place to grow up. After college in DC, I spent several years as an actress, then got into television news, then farmed myself out as a PR/fund-raising/media relations consultant for a long time.

I got married for the first (and only!) time in 1994 and moved to a wee farm in Virginia horse country; my husband's a musician. I started my own graphics business in the county seat.

Somewhere along the line, I renewed a childhood interest in Nature-based spirituality and became founding priestess of a large group of like-minded souls for mutual study and celebration. Over the years, the group had boiled down (!) to a smaller group of my best friends. We still love to gather 'round the bonfire and help each other be better people.

Mostly, I'm just another seeker of enough time in the day to do everything a woman has to do!

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 22 2007 1:47:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  2:09:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm Susan and I'm 54 years young. I have four biological children and an adopted son that we got at the age of 12. I was born in Cape May, New Jersey. We lived in Jersey for 25 years and then moved here to beautiful Amish Country in February 2003. My dh and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary this past Sunday. I have two beautiful grandsons (2 1/2 and one month old!) and am extremely busy. By day I'm a grannysitter and housecleaner for several homes in Hershey. By night, I work at a craft store and drool over yarn. We live in a very old farm house which we just love! We have a Jack Russell dog named Stuart Little. I love to sew and knit. And cross stitch and crochet. You get the idea! I am very blessed! Susan
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
autumn,
i love hearing the young folks play bluegrass, they are usually incredible. i play a little guitar, but mostly am a singer.
one day i may hear him play....on the radio, ya never know!

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  5:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Fran
Ever hear the Duhon Boys or Deep South Dixies?
They play at camp n jams and bluegrass festivals- they all play music here & with my son too. He doesnt travel with them- he's just OUR show!!!
They are all friends-
Love
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi, I'm Bev. I am 50 and just this past year retired from being an RN. I was born here in Central PA and have lived here all my life. I am married to my very best friend and between us we have 4 children....2 grown and 2 in college. Our "kids" at home are 2 dogs and 1 cat. My blogs tells all about our farm which is the realization of life-long dreams. I love taking care of the farm, gardening, crafting and cooking!! I feel like the luckiest gal alive and love visiting with my friends at MJF.

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  6:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Bev,

I wanna come see your farm!!! perdy pleazzzzzzz

Cheers,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rosemary!!

I have no memory of Fort Meade or Maryland....we were only there long enough for Mom to have me then Dad was sent to Germany. I have never been back but am hoping (all my fingers and toes are crossed) that next year we can take a family vacation back east and I would really love to see where I was born!! We moved so much during the first 4 years of my life, I wish I could visit every place we lived at those first few years!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Cheryl. I was born in Paradise, CA and have live in northern Calif most of my 46yrs. I have one 20yr son. I have been married for 14yrs to a wonderful man who adopted my son after we were married. My father lives with us (never a dull moment!). I have worked at a hospital for almost 20yrs. I have 3 cats and plan on getting a dog when I am home more. I love to quilt, scrapbook, read, drink coffee, crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, garden, laugh & eat ice cream!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

wallflower
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Holly
East Walpole MA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Holly. I was born in Ann Arbor, MI. I now live in Walpole, MA. I have been married almost 14 years, and have two lovely (most of the time) daughters. I have been a stay-at-home mom since my second child was born. We are renting now from my mother-in-law, but hope to soon find a place of our own. I am an artist, want to be a gardener, when I have some dirt to dig in, and love the creative process in general.

handittoholly@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bev
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Beverly
Nixa MO
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  8:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Well I'm Bev and I was born and raised in the St. Louis, MO area...O'Fallon to be exact. I lived there and never even left Missouri until I married my highschool sweetheart and he joined the Navy and we got to move around a bit. After he finished boot camp (our son and I stayed with my parents in Hermann, Mo at that time) we moved to Orlando, FL where our daughter was born and I saw the ocean for the first time. From there we went to my MOST favorite place, Idaho Falls, ID where I got to see the mountains for the first time, and had another son. We were able to live there for 3 years while hubby taught at the INEL there. Then he went to San Diego to do his sea time (he was nuke submarine and was gone with no contact for about 300 days of the year) so the kids and I (pg with #4) moved back to Hermann and bought a house to wait for him. We lived apart like that for 2 years..our marriage can survive ANYthing!There another son (baby #4) was born. After he was out of the Navy, we moved to the Springfield, Mo area where he has been working for City Utilities for almost 18 years now (oh yes, and 4 more children have come! That makes 5 boys, 3 girls)We're too old for babies of our own now, but are expecting our first granddaughter in November!

Bev.

.......because nice matters.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:14:09 PM  Show Profile
oh gurlfrenz .. it is such fun reading a little about everyone! i hope everyone else will jump in and tell us a little sumpthin' .. i'll be thinkin' of another 'question' to ask .. so we can all tell that part of our 'story'. wouldn't it be absoultely wonderful if we could all get together in person!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:16:58 PM  Show Profile
o.k. .. i 'thunk' of another question! tell us about a 'memorable person' in your life. someone who has been an inspiration, mentor, life-line, life-saver, special friend or family member, (even a 'stranger' if they have made an important impact on your life). i'm gonna' hit the bed now .. but tomorrow, i'll tell you all about my 'nannie'.

P.S. I'LL START A 'NEW' THREAD FOR THIS QUESTION .. DON'T WANT ANYONE TO MISS OUT. GO THAT 'MEMORABLE PERSON IN MY LIFE' .. TO ANSWER THIS ONE. XO

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Aug 22 2007 9:18:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  03:52:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi there! I'm Bonnie. I was born, raised, and still live in Western NY. I am 35 married to my best friend and have an almost 15 yr old daughter and 13 year old son. Life is filled with soccer, football and a little bit of quilting on the side!

NEXT.....

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello all. I'm Rachel and I'm 28 years old. I was born in Columbus, IN. I grew up in the country outside Hanover, IN which sits on a bluff above the Ohio River. I also grew up in historic Madison, IN (5 miles from Hanover) because my parents owned a jewelry store and I spent a lot of time there. When I was 19, I moved to Louisville, KY. When I was 20, I moved to Indianapolis, IN. When I was 23, I moved BACK to Hanover. When I was 25, I moved BACK to Louisville. I've been here since then. Met my hubby here and we hope to stay in the area but get OUT of the city and into the country.

my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
my website: http://www.backwoodsjunction.com
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Linda. I've lived in Southern Illinois all my life. I am 45 years old. I have two children and two grandchildren. I really love all things country. One of my favorite things is gardening. I don't mind getting my hands dirty (and sometimes feet if I've forgotten my shoes) working in my flower garden. It is nice reading all of your post and finding out that there is people out there that also love these things.

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  08:08:36 AM  Show Profile
hi! i am amy. i am 30 years old and married to the most wonderful man. we have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 21 month old daugther. as of one month ago, i am a stay at home mom and i love it. we live in the city limits of atlanta, but i was raised in rural georgia on a farm. we have three chickens (rooster-cary grant and two hens-myrna loy and constance bennett) and a dog, gypsy

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  09:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hello,
I'm Tammy and I am 38 years old. I was born and raised in Baltimore (County). I moved to SC in 1996, but only lasted there 6 months! Too hot for me. I moved back to Baltimore and in 2000 I met my hubby and now I live in Glen Burnie (Anne Arundel County). I have 5 children and 1 grandbaby. My dream is to get out of Maryland and live in an old home with lots of land someplace up north!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Edited by - Tammy Claxton on Aug 24 2007 8:19:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:27:12 PM  Show Profile
I've enjoyed all the stories so much! The chickens' names. Cary Grant. Wow!

I was born in Ann Arbor, MI, and Dad could have stayed in school on the GI bill forever, but Mom intervened and he got a job... in Delaware, when I was one. We were surrounded by farms, which completely influenced me for life (I'm 53). Later we moved north for better schools, although in the late 60's and when I graduated in '71, there was so much going on, if they only knew....we'd probably stayed in the quiet of rural Delaware.

I met Phil before I have memory, as our mothers were in nursing school together and were friends. When I was five, I do remember wishing he was my brother. Living a good two hours apart, we had time to grow up and later meet and fall in love. We've been married thirty years, had no children, but numerous critters to love. We built (HE built) a house next door to his folks, where we still live. This spring we added a chicken coop, three roosters (no Cary Grant YET, but a Mr. Roo) and twenty one hens, with a run along the garden. It's home....

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  6:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I'm Amanda my family calls me Manda, I have 2 kids and a good hubby. We just relocated to Spokane to pursue a new career for dh and eventually a Farm life for me. I was raised in the Central Valley of California, and I didnt want to raise mykids there, so here we are.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  9:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello all. Have loved reading this thread! My name is Shirley.I am 30 years old. I have lived in the same little country town in North Brisbane Australia since I was seven. When I was a kid this town was a farming community. Full of Banana and pineapple farms, as well as alot of dairy farms. It seems all we grow here now are houses. Thats progress though, and no one can stop it. Thankfully all the people that have moved in are lovley and want to keep the country spirit. My husbands family have not given in to temptation and have kept their farm, which I live and work on. We farm beef cattle.

You may wonder why I edit most of my posts, Well that is because my clunker of a computer will not allow me to type more then 50 characters without shutting down. Most Annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Aug 23 2007 10:11:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  12:47:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, I hope this thread is still active, it's a great idea. I have to read it a few times to get to know everyone really good, though - and that's not a problem, I so enjoy reading about everyone and learning from everyone's experiences.

Well, here's my story (and I'm stickin to it..)

My name is Lynda, I'm 46, married to my high school sweetheart (twice) and we are blessed with 4 children (3 sons and a daughter - 27, 26, 25, 23) who are all grown and on their own and who have given us 4 beautiful grandchildren - twin 3 yr old boys, their sister who is 17 months and another sweetie-pie that is 8 months old. (Alex, Erik, Taylor and Lily)

I've been kind of like a yo-yo in where I've lived, not too many places, actually within the same 100 miles. From birth until 6th grade I lived in St. Louis. When I was half way through 6th grade my parents moved 100 miles sounth to Frohna, in Perry County, MO. That's where I learned to be country, "Thank you mom and dad and Jesus!"

In '79 I graduated high school and got married 3 weeks later. Then, just two weeks shy of being married 9 years we were divorced and the kids and I moved to St. Louis. We made three different moves while there, but all within the area. After being divorced for 10 years, my ex-husband became my husband once again. We continued living in St. Louis for 9 more years. Unfortunately, DH had to continue working in Cape Girardeau (100 miles south) so he was only able to be home about 2 nights a week.

Well, just recently I had an opportunity to take a job back in Perry County, so after living in St. Louis for 19 years, I'm once again "back home" in Frohna, MO(pop. 192). I may have started in the city, but down here is where my heart has always called home even though I'm not originally from the area and it's nice to know that the second time around I'm not considered an outsider anymore. Anyone living in a small town who didn't start there, knows what I mean - don'tcha. And that's a great feeling.

I am serving as a curator for an outdoor living museum and live in a house that is 93 years old on the property. My prayers have been answered in more ways than I could have ever imagined and now I'm finally able to be a "stay-at-home-mom," sort of, since our kids are not home anymore, but for me it's the same. I'm here when they come to visit and don't have to jusggle around any work schedules unless a tour shows up.

So that's my Reader's Digest condensed version of getting to know all about me. Please keep this going, who is next?

Blessings to you always.

Lynda

BTW - please check out my other posting about some information regarding the museum

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page