Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic
Page: of 3

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:54:20 AM  Show Profile
so many new friends here .. and wonderful (golden) ones too ..

make new friends .. keep the old
one is silver .. the other gold!

t'would be fun .. if we played a little game by each telling a little something about ourselves .. let's start with BIRTHPLACE and WHERE I LIVE NOW ... (you can tell a story about it too!!!)

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:56:11 AM  Show Profile
o.k. .. i'll start .. i'm frannie and i was born and raised in Washington, D.C. .. worked for Uncle Sam most of my life (U.S. Department of Justice) .. retired 15 years ago (took an 'early-out' that was offered .. and i ADORE these freedom years in KENTUCKY. We live in two civil war era log cabins almost smack dab in the middle of Kentucky! I adore the 'country life' .. the serenity .. the rolling green hills ..

how's about YOU!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
I'm Lorna and we lived in Augusta Georgia until I was four. Moved back to Baltimore and have spent the last 36 years here. Currently live in Forest Hill, MD about 40 miles north of Baltimore. Went to findyourspot.com and confirmed my suspicions. I should be living in the Mountains of NC. I have always dreamed of going north to Moose country but NC would suit me well too.

Who's next?

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Debi and I grew up in Beautiful Downtown Burbank! Got married at 19 -had our first little girl,wanted to get her out of the smog and crime! Moved to the beautiful Central Coast of CA. Been here since 1980! Love it! Love been a homemaker!!!
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:47:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm Rebecca. I'm a 30 yo mom of 4. Married to my high school sweetheart since 96. I am sort of a reverse farm girl. I grew up in a sorta-kinda rural area near Oklahoma City where I never wore shoes, fished in ponds, jumped in hay, played with barn kittens, played in the dirt, helped in the garden, helped gather firewood, rode horses bareback and got chased by chickens. Then I married City Boy. Now I live in a suburb near Oklahoma City and wear shoes most of the time. I love Jane Austen, I love my church, I love Oklahoma, I love tea and coffee, I love this forum! I want my children to some day own their own land and each one to build a guest house for City Boy and I to stay in when we visit. We have 1 dog.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Born and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Have been in Midland, Texas for over 22 years.
Miss Julia
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1826 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1826 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I grew up in the middle of Iowa on a 160 acre farm and lived there 17 years. Then for the next many years moved around and lived in the city. Now live in a suburb of Cedar Rapids and Iowa City where the growth is unbelievable and have bought the 10 acre farmstead of my parents farm about a year ago. Much cleanup is needed with the buildings and house and trees all in bad shape. Hopefully will live out there again in the next few years.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Snore fest here! Born and raised in Spokane and still here! My big move was from the city to the valley! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lets see- I'm Alee and I am a born and raised Wyoming girl. We lived in town but own a cabin in the mountains. I loved to run and roam around the country and mountain side. My parents were awesome at exposing me to the local history (from prehistoric on! Wyoming has some great fossil records!)

I now live in Idaho- about 8 miles from MaryJane's Farm. It is beautiful country up here and I love it. However I do someday want to return to Wyoming to live and ranch. I am a new mom with a 5 month old and am getting married in 18 days!!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:34:36 AM  Show Profile
Howdy! I'm Annie, 60 yrs old, born and raised in Hampton, Iowa. Worked as executive assistant for many moons in Minneapolis where I met my second hubby (been married almost 12 yrs). Between us we have 5 kids, 11 grandkids and two dogs. When he got early retirement we full-timed it in motor home for a few yrs. then bought our 9-1/2 acres of mountain top land in the southern Black Hills. Moved into our dream retirment home last summer. We both are just lovin' this country/western way of life and hate going back to the "big city". So I'm learning about doing all the country stuff - baking bread, growing things, sewing more, etc. Can't wait to put in a garden next year and can't wait for DH to get my clothes line put up in the back yard - hopefully within this century!

Peace and love,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  1:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi my name is Shari, I'm 46, mom to 4 and Grandma to 5 with a new one on the way.- I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and I'm still here. My DH retires in 3 years and we are looking for a small farm in Virginia or North Carolina to retire to and "get off the grid". We are so ready!

Shari

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment, it's not just about survival. Live every second to it's fullest!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  2:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Well born and raised in upstate NY. Married a military man, moved around alot. Hawaii for 3 yrs, Va. for 5yrs got out of the military and on to NJ 8yrs., moved to Florida 18 months, PA.for 8 months and back to Jersey again. Been here this time for 7 yrs. and this is where we plan to stay. I grew up around farming all my growing up years in NY and that is where we are here in NJ near all the farms. (this is the Garden State) We love being in the country.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  2:19:32 PM  Show Profile
I should of waited for this topic! I just wrote a lot about my life
on the Welcome forum! That was about the farming part go peek.. Like I said I was born in Ontario,Canada and moved here permenantly when I was almost 6. I am married to a wonderful man Tom we have been married for 41yrs. and together for 43. He was 18 and I was 15 when we met we were married at 17 and 20. I am a mother of 2 daughters. One is still here with us and one is in heaven. She was killed in a three wheeler accident 2 weeks before she was 16,that was in July 1986.Her name is Karin and she is our youngest. My oldest daughter Maggie is 40 and is a nurse. I have a grandaugther who is 13 and 2 grandsons 9 and one 14.My husband retired in 2001 from GM.He got a great retirement package and grabbed it and never looked back. I am 58 and he is 61. My family, friends, home and doxies are my first loves. I love flowers,gardening,and have been known to do some needlework and crocheting. Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  3:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Janet born in Sapporo Japan (dad in the army) moved to lots of different states, but when he retired moved to his and my mom's home town of Krypton Kentucky. I moved to Virginia as an adult. I have 2 children, 6 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandchild. I worked for the Dept of Defense until I retired early 4 years ago. I am moving to Kentucky again in Sept.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  3:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello, I am Linda. I am 63, I have 3 childred,one deceased since 1996 due to cancer. She left behind 3 beautiful children. I have 8 grandchildren. the oldest is getting married in October. I live in Upstate NY in the country that is slowly fading away to complex housing. Our poor wild life are running out of room to live. I lived in California and So Carolina while DH was in the service. We moved back to home state and never understood why. I have been married for 44 years. I married my first love. We met at the age of 15.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  3:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Well, I was born in Medford, Massachusetts in 1958 (heck, I'm old!) and was raised in Marshfield, on a small farm with 2 horses, 1 goat, a dog, 3 geese and 18 chickens and 1 evil rooster. Plus 4 brothers and sisters. :) I became a "Southern Belle" in 1981, when my husband and I moved Georgia. I studied interior design in school, but much prefer being Mom to my three children. Even if they are all grown up!!

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  4:20:10 PM  Show Profile
My Daddy was military so I was born at Fort Meade in Maryland but we didn't stay there very long. Dad was sent to Germany and we moved to New York to stay with his family until I was old enough to have all the required shots to travel overseas. We lived in Germany for a little over 3 years (don't remember anything about Germany!!) then moved to the midwest where my Dad retired from the Army. We moved to So Cal when I was 19, I met and married a native Californian and have been here for the last 26 years.
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Hiya! I was born in Hamilton, Ontario but have been a west coaster for the past 13 years out in beautiful British Columbia. I now live in little Fort Langley. However, Fella and I have decided to go rural and move back east in November and live in my stepgrandfather's house (grandpa is now at a nursing home). It's on a pear orchard surrounded by vineyards.. swoon.. And I can have chickens there, yay! It'll be an awful big adventure, I hope we're ready for it!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  5:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm Camille, I was born in Abilene, Tx.(1965) then moved to Tenn. when I was 3 months old. When I was 10 we moved back to a small town outside of Austin, TX. We had 5 acres and I had 2 horses, a nanny goat, and some chickens, sometimes sheep. I got married when I was 20, moved to Lubbock,TX had my first child (boy) there then moved to Slidell, LA., had my second child (boy) there then moved to Bastrop, TX. After about 5 years in Bastrop my dh took a transfer/promo and we are in Cathlamet, Wa. We have been here for 7 years. Beautiful 1 acre on the Columbia River. Lots of fruit trees, grapes, and nuts. We have 2 doxies and 1 lab/dalmation.

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  7:41:26 PM  Show Profile
I love reading these "bio's" !
I was born in Utah-moved to Texas,Louisiana, & Florida while growing up. Lived through 3 major hurricanes,moved to 360 acre prarie at 12- straight from Houston Texas. Culture shock!
Met & married my hubby in 74 and moved everywhere in and around Lake Charles La till we settled here - at home, in the woods. Been here on 10 acres for 20+yrs.
Home schooled all 5 kids- had numerous pets,hobbies, -we have tried everything the hard way first!
We're still trying to repair our place since Hurricane Rita- but it is still home.
I have 7 grandkids , 2 dogs and too much fabric !!!
I love hand quilting and most other needle arts. So now ya know me!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  8:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Hiya, I'm Jonni (pronounce John-E), born in Kentucky, moved around alot as a teen, even lived in England, moved back home in my early twenties, married in my late twenties, and we live in a little cottage with 4 dogs and 3 cats.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  9:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni! I have been mentally mispronouncing your name! I appologize!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Sherri and I've been a Western Washington girl all my life. I was born here and raised my four kids here. A few years ago we built a cabin in central Montana and stay there as often as we can. DH and I built it all by hand, and it was our first building project. I suffer from Empty Nest Syndrome, excepting our two doxies and our recent addition of two abandoned kitties.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  12:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Carol Sue, was born in Seattle, lived there for the first 7 years of my life, then we moved 1 and 1/2 hours south of Seattle in a smaller town. Lived most of my life in Western WAshington, now live in Eastern Washington. I really enjoy it.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  03:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, everybody! I was born on 9/11 (yep, sobering celebration now as I thank God to be alive to start another year); getting ready to turn 52. Born in Norfolk, Virginia, lived in Virginia Beach til I married at 20. Lived all over beautiful Massachusetts until the marriage went south, so I decided to do the same, and moved back to Norfolk with my two little sons 25 years ago. I now own my wonderful home that was my grandmothers, so loads of memories there. Met my French hubby in 2004, married in 2005, took early retirement in order to be able to live with him in southern France, and also in my home in Norfolk (our "pre-nup", a loosely based 50-50 split each year). Since there is "no place like home", I am blessed to be able to click my ruby slippers together twice a year, and spend spring and autumn through New Year's Day, in my beloved home! I will head back in October, and start hacking my way through my backyard garden/jungle, yee haa!

I am a gardening nut/addict, and love handcrafts, trying to improve my skills as I go along. You gals inspire me to keep crafting, and teach me new things! So here's to our ongoing happy circle of friends here, down on the farm! Hugs to all, Nance
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  08:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi, iam the other frannie, fran ....not to be confused with out beloved frannie.
anyhow, born in austin, texas at Home of the HOly infancy, and adopted by a great couple, my mom and dad, and grew up in galveston county.
lived in denton, plano, and now fannin county at the farm.
4 grown children, 5 granchildren.
the farm is 16 acreas with a tank, barn, and a 6 acre pasture and 10 acrea woodlot, 9 angora goats, multiple farm cats, cosmo the wonder dog, and aracuana chickens. (i am not mentioning dh today cause i am a little mad at him).
the house is primitive, 2 sharecropper houses joined together to form a 1bedroom, 1 bath cottage. 800 sq.feet of house , 800 sq.ft of porch.
hope to develop a agritourism spot here in the country so others can come and enjoy the farm life....and help out with the chores!
i enjoy all things crafty, especially scrap crafts, or recycled . also enjoy singing bluegrass/gospel.
love the mj site and all the great farmgirl friends here.
as usual, thanks, frannie for an interesting post. and so glad to be back on your email list!

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page