Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic
Page: of 3

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  7:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Don't want this thread to disappear!

I'm Molly. I am proabably the youngest here so I am not going to tell my age! But I have been married for 6 years, and have 4 (soon to be 5-- just 5 more weeks!) kids. 3 girls and a boy (another girl, coming soon!). We moved out of "The City" as far as we could but still be close enough for DH to commute to his office job. Add in driving time (2+ hours/ day) and I don't see him much. He usually is home after dark, so the "farm" chores fall on me, which I am ok with. I am training the kids early to help out! We live in a pretty small house (very quickly running out of rooms, as we have added 3 kids since we got here!)on an acre, and we are one of those annoying families that cram as much (proabably too much!) onto the land we have. None of our neighbors keep animals, so I am sure we drive them crazy! We live behind (within 1000 feet) of a working dairy, though, so they can't blame the smell on us! I am learning so much from the farmgirls here-- you all inspire me to work harder and do better and try new things! Can't wait to hear more about the rest of you!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  11:13:30 AM  Show Profile
I thought I would bump this. The info helped with my Secret Santa!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Born in Uncasville, CT in 1974. I have lived well just about everywhere due to the military. But my heart is and will be in Texas!!! I grew up living the country life because it was all my parents could afford. We lived literally on the edge of town and always had gardens, animals, and a lot of fun. Life is really making me think as of late and I will post all the happenings around here when I get some time. Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  4:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Elaine, family and friends call me Lainey. I'm 43 and was born in Richmond, Kentucky. I've pretty much lived on the same road in Waco, Ky for most of my life, just in 4 different houses. Waco is a rural area in East Central Kentucky (Madison County). I met my husband nearly 11 years ago and we've been married over 8 years now. Right after we married I lived a short while in Sweden, where my husband is from originally. We don't have any children yet, but we are still hoping and trying.

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  7:03:27 PM  Show Profile
This is sooo much fun. I am glad it was bumped.

I am (whisper)45yo. I was born in Va moved to Fla at age 4 back and forth between the 2 states to many times to count. I went to 13 different schools and I quit in the 9th grade to marry my next door neighbor. I can hardly even get out of town now LOL. I guess my dad didn't know what he wanted to do when he grew up.

As I said I was married at age 14 now 31 years later still growing strong. He's a good ole country boy. We have raised 2 beautiful daughters. They have given use 3 beautiful grandkids. We have also raised lots of animals, veggies and flowers. I am now a nurse. We live in Willis Va Very rural here. We own 3 acres and it is packed with farmlife, goats, chickens, dogs, cats and a fishpond that we love to swim in also.

We recently purchased 2 1/2 acres of land near beautiful state owned Philpott lake in the next county over and have plans to build our retirement home there, log of course. My DH says maybe in 20 years HaHaHa we'll see. We love to go boating and fishing but will always keep the farm going too. we have some work to do........

I love being part of this forum and I love each of you.
Hugs, Becky

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  10:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Um....where to start, I'm Annika. I'm an army "brat" and was almost born on an airplane (LOL, I love sayin that). My mother was from Dublin Ireland and my father from Texas, we have family all over the south and in several countries. We lived in Germany when I was tiny, with family and then in the south and in Texas. Even still, having lived in the south, I consider myself a southern belle, on a VERY long holiday, and hope to move back one day. I always thought myself a "Bright lights-Big city" type of girl (should have listened to my heart) and only in the last 5 years have learned the truth...I'm a wild country child!
No children, but I live with my best friend and the love of my life on a friends farm in north Idaho. I am in dead danger of becoming "The cat lady" due to my affliction of taking in the strays that get left on our dead end road, tho' most of them live outside :P

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  07:38:16 AM  Show Profile
I was born and raised in beautiful Wyoming. Learned how to be a homemaker from my angel mother. I Romped around the ranch and mountains all my childhood. Some of my fondest memories are of taking dad dinner in the hay field and watching him pull my mother up onto that tractor in her plaid dress just to giver her a little kiss as the sun went down.

We grew up in a musical family- It is so fun to sit around with my grandpa, uncles and dad to pick a little after dinner get togethers. When I was a kid they played late into the night and I would fall asleep on the floor by my dads tapping toes. Today, I join in on the fiddle. I sure do treasure every time we get the chance to sing and play together.

I Married my first husband at 19 and moved with him to Utah. Spent nearly 14 years there. Became the mother of 4 beautiful children and adopted one more. Remarried- and came home! Hope I NEVER have to leave again. Second marriage made the me the "mom" of 5 more. Being the mother of 10 kids ages 12-24 sure keeps me busy and now I'm a grandma to three princesses. My Honey Bear and I now live in the same town I was born about 35 minutes from my folks who live in the same house since the day they married. I love beautiful Wyoming, rich with heritage, tradition and family.

My Fair Lady

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:28:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm from Virginia. I live about 10 miles from where I grew up. I married a "local boy" who loves our hometown just as much as I do. We have two daughters (4 & 6) and one on the way (due in July). Most of our family lives close by and we're close to both of our families - needless to say, this keeps us very busy!

We have a small farm (about 600 acres) that my husband and his dad work together. We raise corn, soybeans, cotton and peanuts. I also have a daycare at our farmhouse, which has been wildly successful. We are very lucky and we're always grateful for each day and for what we have.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:03:30 PM  Show Profile
I am Jeannie and I am 58. I have one daughter, and she has two daughters, which I get to see all the time and I am so happy about that. I work part-time (2 days a week) in a church office, and otherwise I am a stay at home wife, which I love. For 15 years I worked as an art director for a needlework company, and that was like getting paid to do my hobby.

I was born and raised in Springfield, Illinois, but have lived in Florida since 1973. My hubby and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary with a surprise party my daughter planned. There were over 40 folks there, she recreated our wedding cake, and it was the first surprise party of my life. What fun it was for both of us.

I love to quilt, make rag rugs, I have met MaryJane and her family, I am a Christian and love bible studies. Fall is my favorite season, and poetry and writing are a passion. So is photography. I would love to live in the country, but I live in a very forested and beautiful city, so I am thankful for that. We have an organic garden almost year round. Right now there is broccoli and cauliflower, still some peppers and one lone tomato growing!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  1:45:51 PM  Show Profile
I was born in Buffalo, NY. Moved to the small farming town of Newfane, north of Buffalo when I was 12. Lived in various other towns in NY including Gasport, Middleport, Lockport and Niagara Falls when I was older. I had known from the time I was in grade school that I belonged in the mountain west. Met dh there and moved to Salt Lake in 95 and finally to Idaho City in 99.

I am convinced that I was not only born on the wrong side of the continent but in the wrong century. Idaho City is probably as close as one can realistically get to the 1800's.

It took me a while to find "home" but I finally found it here. I wasn't born in Idaho but I got here as fast as I could and I couldn't be more content than I am right now.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  7:15:30 PM  Show Profile
I was born in 1953 in Akron OH. Due to Mom being sickly I was raised by my grandma til I was 10. Then moved in with my parents and little sis at 11. Grew up a city girl. Went to nursing school right out of high school and have been an L.P.N. for almost 34 yrs. At 24 I married one of my patients. We had 4 wonderful sons now, 23, 25,27, and 29. ( I could go on about my boys,but I'll hold off till another time... LOL) we moved to Carrollton GA in 1987. I love it here. The town is just the right size. After 20 yrs of marriage in 1997 I divorced and vowed never to marry again. I know...I know...famous last words. You guessed it, I did remarry in 2004. He is my price charming. He is a GA boy and grew up on 350 acres of dairy cow farm. We live in a subdivision,but there are no houses behind us,just woods. I love it.
I love doing all crafts and learning new ones. my favorite thing to do is to sew. 2nd would be embroidery. My favorite room is my sewing room.

let's hear some more. This is fun!

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  7:30:23 PM  Show Profile
I was born in 1961 (it is soooo bizarre stating that I was born in another century!!WOW!) and have a pretty great life on Long Island, where I have been my entire life.I am married to my best friend in the world and we have two children (both from my previous marriage-I was a very young widow once)and we enjoy fishing, hunting, hiking and going upstate all of the time together. For a living I teach 7th and 8th grade English at a little school by the water. I went there as a kid myself. The thing I adore is being home to cook and make quilts, curtains, etc. We watch a lot of movies at our house and not much regular tv anymore (isn't it just horrible what little good there is to watch on tv?) Like many of you, I raise chickens! Isn't that the most fun ever? We have 3 dogs and 2 cats and perhaps a little goat is in my future...
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  5:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Well, where do I start? My name is Joy, I am a 46 yr old wife and mohter. We have a 28 yr old daughter and we have been married over 30+ years.
I was born in IN but never lived there. Long story. (parents was on a mini vacation and guess who come early?) I lived in FL for the first yr of my life, in TN until I was about 2 & 1/2 and then moved to KY and I have lived here ever since.
I grew up on a small farm 100+ acre farm. And I have lived in the country most of my life. 15 yrs ago we moved just inside the city limits here in our small town. (Our daughter was involved in so many school activities that we were staying on the road all the time.) We have almost 2 acres but I miss the country. Now that she is grown I would love to move back to the country. Maybe someday? That is my dream.
I am new to the site and I am so excited and I have made many new friends already!
Cant wait to meet more!

From the Little Mountains
Joy

Appalachian Girl Jem
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  6:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy here, from tulsa, oklahoma. Grew up in a house with pigs, sheep, cows, goats and numerous chickens. I have lived here in oklahoma most of my life, spent time in colorado, kansas and texas.. i now share heart and home with 2 cats and my little rescued jack russell.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  9:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Just realized I hadn't done this one yet...probably pretty boring but here goes...
I was born in Calif..on the central coast. We moved around quite alot but always ended up back there. I am 49. I got married at 18 and moved around alot more (to Minnesota twice and Idaho once and alot of moves in our hometown area..(ugh!) with my first husband..and we had two strapping big boys, who are 30 (today!) and 27 now, and divorced 20 years ago. I have been married to my current husband for 11 1/2 years. We have adopted 5 more children..4 still at home, and moved 5 1/2 years ago to Utah...and LOVE it here. WE didn't come from a big city or anything, but it is so much quieter, and nicer here. I hope to live in our old house for the rest of my life..enough moving!! We are settled here with our perfect Jersey cow Mona, 2 icelandic ewes, one angora goat who is a stinker (personality, not really smelly) and 2 rabbits..and lots of chickens. WE have 3 dogs and 3 cats (only one that I purposely got) and room for a garden..what more could I ask?
I love to sew, embroider, knit, and just about any other craft..and to bake, cook, can and garden. I love life and love that we have this farmgirl sisterhood...what a blessing!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  10:13:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm Lea ~ a 42 year old Christian wife to my husband of almost 20 years & mom of three precious boys which we are blessed to homeschool. Our youngest is 10. He has cerebral palsy and calls me "The Most Beautiful Queen of the Earth." I love that title and you may feel free to address me as such! LOL (only in his eyes!) I was born in the mountains of West Virginia and have lived in Illinois, Georgia and now in Tennessee on 16 acres where we have hopes of getting back to the basics and being more self-sufficient.

I just love needlework, doll making, quilting and old arts of all kinds. Oh to have more hours in the day to enjoy these arts more! I am currently studying more about wood stove cookery and am enjoying learning this new art as well. I have great hopes to add some animals to our homestead in the spring. Oh and I just love to treasure hunt at local thrifts. My home is decorated in early thrift and I couldn't be more pleased!

Finally I am awaiting arrival of yet another MaryJane book and her calendar. Can't wait to receive it! I really enjoy your lovely diverse group and reading about you all.

Blessings, Lea

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  04:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow...how did I miss this thread all these months? Well, I am Bev. I am 50. I was born, raised, schooled, married, worked, birthed babies, etc....all here in Central PA. I have travelled most of the country, but love it here the best. I am married to a most wonderful man ( I finally got it right, the second time around), my children are grown, now, and I am having a blast doing what I love. After 29 years of working as an RN, I have retired early to pursue my passions....farming, sewing, cooking, gardening. Life has been very good to me..not without sadness....BUT the blessings have far outweighed the bad times!!! I am so happy to have you all as my friends!!

Addendum....boy am I having a senior moment....I DID already write an entry on this thread...back in August......oh well, the story is still the same!!!
Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Nov 28 2007 04:34:51 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting to know ME .. getting to know all about ME Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page