Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Met some wonderful farmgirls!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Met some wonderful farmgirls!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
No didn't find out was going to call them later this afternoon.
How about if we gather up on August 24th or 25th and go out to the Buggy Barn Quilt Show. It is on the 25th and 26th from 10am to 4pm. Hey girls what day is best for all of you and plan to do the tea the last part of Septmember on the weekend? That way Alee will be back and we won't miss Past Blessings sale? Whacha think?
Brenda will be hopping off line and calling....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:16:56 PM  Show Profile
Classes possibly in September but they are not set up yet. If we get 10 people, we could set up our own class. Hmmmmm
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile
So glad the talk of a a tea get together is happening. I will want to join you all. Yippee...an outing. I have been in the house all summer...afeared of the heat! Well, with the exception of being on my ice cream truck selling away! Last time time I did anything was to go to Cabbage Flat Mercantile for the closing sale.
So let me know gals, I bought a great vintage straw hat at our church thrift shop the other day...it looks like the one Nicole Kidman wears in "Cold Mountain." I have a big head of hair though, so I am not sure I will be able to don it for ya' all. But I will dig in my trunk of old hats and wear something. Oh, I might even put on one of my glitter crowns!
Apron is not a problem...got lots of 'em.
So I like the hat and apron idea...let's do it. I love to dress up in costume.
As for where to go...I have no idea...but ambiance is very important to me...if my vote counts...let's make it somewhere lovely.

Pamela in Post Falls

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Michelle...glad you love you table...it was a cute one. Great that it gives you a nice place to sit a spell!

Pamela

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  4:16:22 PM  Show Profile
The 25th sounds great . . . do we hit the quilt show first and then tea or tea and then the quilt show? Can most of you gals make it on Sat. the 25th? Do you want me to call Brambleberry Cottage and see about reservations?

As for the crazies, it would be fun if we could get 10 of us and do our own class! A class of crazies!! Sounds kinda fitting . . .

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile
I have something going at church, not sure of the times though. Have to get back to ya all.

Pamela

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  9:15:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure I can make any weekend day work out. Hat and apron, can't wait to see you Pamela in your Cold Mountain hat or sparkle crown. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  9:16:04 PM  Show Profile
Proably quilt show and then tea....lets hear from you ladies

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  12:41:32 AM  Show Profile
I defer to to you Brenda, to set this up, & Thank you as I am not familiar with the Tea cottages around here,,,,yet. I am game, Sat works best for me.
I will be the "little miss tag-along" so be patient w/me,,,, because I have to look at all the quilt fabric, touch and oogle as well.
If all can make it, we should have a nice size group of hat & apron wearing ladies,, Pinkies Up!
How wonderful this will be.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  01:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
sent you an email,
"tag-U-R-it!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  11:06:21 AM  Show Profile
I wanta play too. I've been a little unavailable lately but I'm coming to the Buggy Barn Quilt show. I'd be up for a quilting class too, although I've done several crazies patterns already.

Marcia

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  7:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This all sounds like fun! As long as it isn't September 1st-10th then I will mark it on my calendar! :) Just let me know when works best for you ladies! I think I have a pretty flexible schedule. The only thing on my schedule is the Farmer's Market! :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  11:14:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
just checking in.... have you called Brambleberry's yet?
Olly-olly oxen free....where R U ?

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  12:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm . . . now it looks like Oregon might be back on . . . which means I can't do the 25th. Sorry, for the delay in contacting you gals . . . we just got back from camping. I will know for sure by tomorrow if Oregon is a go or not. I am wondering if we should try to do the tea a separate time of the quilt show, since they are quite a ways apart miles wise and it might be hard to fit it all in. Also, I know some of you wanted to do the quilt show only. Maybe quilt show this weekend and the tea in September?

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  1:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Just got an email from Buggy Barn (e-reminder) about the show this week end. I really want to attend that so,
your idea of doing the BB first and the Tea at a later date works, I am game either way.
Isn't this rain wonderful? I love it, it puts me in the right frame for sewing & crafting.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  2:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Quilt show on Saturday and tea in later Septmember sounds like a good idea.
Waking up to the sound of rain and the smell of damp earth was glorious!!!!
That way maybe we can gather up a few more girls for tea. Lets figure out a date in a bit.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  09:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Plz e-mail me time and place for the quilt show this weekend. I will try and make it. DH may need me to stay home and take care of him, or he may shoo me out the door. You know how guys are when they don't feel well. LOL. You know, it sounds like we are forming a chapter here. Kind of an informal one?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  09:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Michelle,
Hope your DH feels well enough to "shoo you out the door" this coming Sat.
Haven't heard from Brenda yet.
If you are able to join us, and since you are coming a distance, what time would work for you on Sat.?
I am game for 11am,(but flexable) and then we could maybe grab a little bit to eat at one of the local cafe's in Reardon(BB).
I am all for a "cheap' lunch so I can spend more $$ @ the BB.
OK, ladies, let's get your thoughts on this.... Sat. is not that far off.
Buggy Barn, here we come.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  5:00:14 PM  Show Profile
11am is great for me, how about the rest of you?
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  8:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I won't be able to come at 11am most likely. I will be doing Farmer's Market in Moscow until between 12 and 1. But you ladies should go without me! Have tons of fun!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  8:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I haven't emailed any of you girls back . . . I know you have emailed me, but I can't respond . . . we got this stupidly fancy new cell phone that has a blackberry on it (I keep calling it a raspberry . . . my kids tell me I'm so "old school"! LOL!) Anyway, when we set up my email on that, it messed up the computer email, so I can check my blackberry and see that I have emails but I can't respond. Drives me crazy!! I am sure it is just a setting issue, but nothing either me or my hubby are smart enough to conquer so I need to make a trip to see our friendly cell phone guys! In the meantime, please know I am not purposely ignoring any of you.

I think we are going to Oregon, but we are still waiting to find out if my mother-in-law can watch the kids. Otherwise it is off. The kid's school did a really weird thing and moved the start of school up an entire week from the norm. I had made these reservations monthes ago and didn't realize this. So they would miss school if we went with them. If we don't go, I will definitely hit the quilt show with you gals.

Alee, what is your wedding date? I want you to be able to be back from your honeymoon before our tea . . . I'm guessing your hubbie won't let you break from that for tea . . . LOL! I am wondering about the last weekend in September on Saturday, Sept. 29th? Does that work for anyone? If so, I can call Brambleberry Cottage and make reservations. I think we need to have a pretty "for sure" head count though, as some of those places require an accurate count early. Odds are we will never find a date that works for everyone, but hopefully this will work for the majority. Let me know, Ladies!

Once I have my email back and catch on to this silly berry thing I will respond to you all. Thanks for your patience!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  8:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am leaving for Wyoming the 1st, and returning the 10th. I think it would be easier if we did tea after the wedding, at least for my schedule- but I would make the effort to come whenever is best for you ladies.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
I am good for any Sat that you schedule, so count me in as a "yes".
So far the following have expressed an intrest in getting together for tea, just need a concrete date.
*Hope I didn't miss anyone.
P.B (that would be you-hahah!
Grace - katmom
Carol Sue
Alee
Teresa- Lavenderfield
Michelle - huckelberrywine
Judith - Judyblueyes
Pamela - Photobug
Michele C. new to group
Julie
There have been others in the past ( I misplaced my list) & a couple of gals from Idaho who have asked to be invited not to mention Firemama who is brand new to SPO.
How lovely it would be to get all these ladies together under one roof.
Maybe we can do a "New Topic" in several catagories to let the MJF gals know about the tea.
It would be nice to get 8-12 ladies together for tea & a gab fest.
As for me, I will be wearing one of my many favorite hats & probablly an apron, just for kicks-n-giggles.
Pinkies Up, ladies...

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:42:18 AM  Show Profile
I will call and check on Saturday, Sept. 29th and see how that works for everyone. That way Alee is back, kids are settled in school and hopefully most schedules are free. We should come up with a time and place to meet for those going to the quilt show. I am still up in the air . . . nothing like last minute . . . regarding Oregon. Should here back from my MIL today on whether she can stay with the kiddos. If I am in town though, I will be there with bells on! I love quilt shows. There is a huge one at the convention center in October, which could be another fun farmgirl "outing".

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:45:03 AM  Show Profile
As for the Buggy Barn,,,,,
I will be riding over to Reardon with my neighbor from across the street, around 11am.
Hope to meet up with any of you MJF ladies, I'll be wearing a hat, so I should not be to hard to spot.
I am so excited about my first outing to the Buggy Barn.
If any of you can/plan to make it, let me know so I can watch for you.
Judyblueyes,,,,let me know if you are going....I have something for you.
So, is it Saturday yet!!!!???? LOL!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Met some wonderful farmgirls!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page