Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Met some wonderful farmgirls!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Met some wonderful farmgirls!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  4:12:56 PM  Show Profile
I had my Past Blessings Junk Warehouse Sale this weekend, and while I was sad that I wasn't able to meet Carol Sue and Alee (maybe next sale? Or just pop in to say hi!) I was so happy to meet Grace (Katmom) and to see Michelle (Huckleberrywine) again!

Grace is a fun gal with an infectious smile who brought along the most charming man with her! Her husband was a real sweet guy!

I had met Michelle in June when she was so kind as to come visit me when I was recovering from my sinus surgeries. She brought me wonderful homemade cookies and a gorgeous bouquet of iris'! This time I was able to meet her wonderful husband and her absolutely adorable daughter! It was so good to see you all again.

How about all of us that are a "reasonable" distance to Spokane get together soon for tea? Or I heard of a great little French Restaurant called Madelaines that is supposed to be fun. There are also some wonderful farmgirls in nearby Postfalls and Coeur d'Alene that we would love to have join us, such as Pamela (photobugs).

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  4:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Yep Brenda a roundup sounds great. Sure sorry I missed you, life got in the way.....next time...
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda-

I am so sorry that I couldn't meet up with you all in Spokane! I am still battling this flu or lower GI tract infection or whatever it is. I am really looking forward to meeting you one of these days though!!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
Sorry you are having such a tough time. I hate flu bugs. It are to get anything done . . . especially with a baby! Wish I was closer . . . I'd run some chicken soup over to you. Hope we can get together soon. Take care!

Carol Sue, I am sorry you missed coming to the sale. I was hoping to meet you. But hopefully next time. I love quilting too. Maybe we can take a class together at one of the quilt shops some time. I usually don't need the classes, since I think most quilt patterns are pretty "self-explanatory" but it is fun and it helps me to get things completed. I have taken them at Quilting Bee and Pacific Crescent Quilting and think it would be fun to do the Buggy Barn too. Let me know if you are game?

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:44:28 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm . . . not sure if my fingers are retarded or what!? Alee, I meant to type "it's hard to get anything done," not sure why or how I typed what I did! I think I better hit the sheets and let my retarded fingers sleep! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  11:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I am game and I know how to do their crazies but would love to take one of their crazy camp classes, will grab katmom and firemama and anyone else out there in this area, the Inland northwest.
Hey sherri, miss mikesgirl if we can figure this out are ya game!!!!!!!!!
Oh crazies are at the Buggy Barn and are easy and lots of fun.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  12:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
It was a pleasure for me to finally get to meet up with you., Ladies, inspite Brenda's past comments about how she looks,,,,she fibbed! she looks wonderful for an angel who fell out of a Cherry Tree, other than a bruise on her arm, you would never know she took the express route out of that darn tree!
Yes, let's do plan a Time for Tea with all the MJF gals who live near by. I am at a disadvantage as I do not know where the High Tea Shops are, but have heard that there are 2-3 around the Spokane area.
Allee, gosh, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself & don't over due, after all, you have a very special date coming up!
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Grace, you are absolutely right. Brenda, you are lovely! Getting us all together would be fun. If any of you nearby farmgals haven't been to one of Brenda's shows, or her new shop, wow. Just darling things.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  7:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Gosh Grace and Michelle . . . you make me blush! Thanks for the nice compliments! It hasn't exactly been my summer of "beauty" so it feels nice to hear those things!

I would love to do "crazies" at the Buggy Barn. If you know when the next class is let me know. It would be so much fun! As for tea, my personal favorite is Bramble Berry Cottage. The owner, Dawn Kiki is so warm and creative. Just a great place to go. Life is kind of crazy right now . . . we had a major disaster this weekend when a hose broke on our icemaker and flooded our house (I will do a separate post on that!) plus just all the end of summer activities, so maybe we can shoot for September to all get together?

Hugs & blessings!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  8:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It'll have to be the end of September since I will be busy the first two weeks of September! :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  9:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Alee's hearing bells...:) Oh, if we do it after your wedding, Alee, we can see the antique wedding ring you'll be sporting! Bling.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  09:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello, all in Spokane area! I was out of town this past weekend, so missed Brenda's sale, but made it to her last one :-) Yes, one could definitely spend the paycheck there. I would love to join everyone for tea, exceptin' I do still work during the week...would a weekend work? Might be easier for the farther away ladies too...I'd also love to host a tea at my home (by Northtown Mall) some time for Farmgirls & Friends...see you soon! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle-

Was I remiss and did not show it to you when you came down to the farmer's market? *gasp!* I am so sorry!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judith, JudyBlueEyes, there you are....
Yep, between Carol Sue, Brenda, Julia, myself & whom ever else, we should be able to orchastrate a Tea party in town.
I still plan to host one here at the house, it's just going to have to be at a later date (Sept/Oct) as we have construction and other stuff going on here at the "little house on the Prarie".
I will also be hosting a Martini party, but again, a bit later down the road.
I have to laugh, on one of my last trips to Trader Joe's I actually picked up a bottle of 2buck chuck for you, ,,but don't do the happy dance, I was making SauerBraten for dinner(having guests) and I needed a cup of red wine, so I had to brake into you bottle, sorry, but if it makes you feel better the SaureBraten was yummy!
ok, off and running,

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 14 2007 11:13:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Yes, yes, yes...I am in for a get together for tea with other farmgirls in our area! So count me in, Brenda. You know I always like to be creative, so doing a craft when getting together with friends is on my list of fun things to do. Maybe we can incorporate this into a time together.
I wanted to come over for your sale...but life got in the way.
Pamela
North Idaho

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:23:59 AM  Show Profile
I am thinking that we will be getting together real soon, & yep, most likely on a Saturday if that works for all. .
Brenda will need a day off from her mold & Insurance "challenge" and I need to learn where the nice High Tea parlors are here in Spokane.
So, I will try to call Brenda & carol Sue by the end of the week to work up a date.
I can taste the scones & jam now!!!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  1:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If it is Saturday I might be able to come in the late afternoon- like say 3 or 4 pm because I am hoping to get a farmer's market spot this week.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  4:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun . . . and the numbers are growing! Pamela is a kick in the pants so I am happy she will join us! And Judith will be a great asset too! So lets see that makes Carol Sue, Grace, Michelle, Alee, Julia, Judith, Pamela and me. Any other takers?! MaryJane lives by Alee . . . do you think we could get "the queen mother" to join us for high tea?! Any other ladies want to join us? I know there is a sweet gal named Karen that lives in the Spokane Valley that I have emailed with. Don't know her user name. There could be quite a few of us! How fun!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  7:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, is your Karen "YiberryYadeeKarin"? She's listed as being in the Spokane Valley. :)

Pamela, did Brenda tell you someone tried to buy the sparkly crown you made for her? I hope the gal gets in touch with you. She was really impressed. I loved seeing it again after the show in Fairfield. LOVE my table. My favorite spot to sit and rest in the cool mornings.

Alee, we were so busy chatting, and your Nora is a hypnotist. I missed your ring. DD and I just love the Silky Milk bath. :)

We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Aug 14 2007 7:19:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  8:14:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh...Grace...how sweet of you to think of me...I am sure that we will get along Just Fine, as Sauerbraten is one of my favorite dishes! And I am glad the red went to a good cause! If you can believe it, I just opened my last bottle of 2 Buck Chuck yesterday...a Sauvignon Blanc (not my favorite...but it had to be drunk...) my friends came up at Thanksgiving last year, they drove from LA and brought me a case for my late October birthday :-) I'll keep my eyes open for the tea party! FarmGirl Hugs! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  8:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I "let my fingers do the walking through the yellow pages" and found 3 Tea Shops, they are:Spokane Wash:
Intermazzo's Tea Room on Washington St, Mad Hatties Boutique & Tea on Sullivan (Spok. Vly) and Brambleberry Cottage on Pacifica Ave...
So we now have options, we just need to pick a date, what would be a better date, a Sat. or a Sun. afternoon.
Looks like we have a nice group of gals for a tea party. Idaho & Washington farm gals under one roof drinking tea & eating scones, Pinkies Up ladies!
Email me via MJF to let me know if you have been to any of these 3 tea Shops, as well as what day & time works best for you, I am thinking we might be able to pull this off the last weekend of this month or the 1st weekend of next month. Once we come to an agreement on a date & time I will call & make reservations for us.
Shall we done fun hats & bring a favorite apron for 'show-n-tell'?

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  11:04:11 AM  Show Profile
bump

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  12:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Saturday or Sunday at 3 or 4 pm would be fine for me. Just let me know. :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  5:05:39 PM  Show Profile
Add Lavender Field Dreamers....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  5:58:48 PM  Show Profile
ok tea is great but i have to know where this french restaurant is. Yes you piqued my appetite, made my mouth water.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  10:25:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, our Oregon trip to the coast just got cancelled . . . another bump in my "summer of challenges" that has me muttering . . . but maybe that will mean Tea with my farmgirl friends. Brambleberry is my vote for Tea. The one on Sullivan lacks much "ambiance" in my humble opinion. Had anyone set a date? I can now do Aug. 25th. We probably shouldn't do it the next weekend, as that is Labor Day Weekend. Then after that is Sept. 8. If you wait until Sept 15 I am doing my sale, so I can't join you . . . though you could all stop by and rub it in . . .

Check your calendars and we can start making plans. This will be such fun!

Carol Sue, did you find out class times for Crazies? Let me know.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Met some wonderful farmgirls!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page