Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 PRETTY PAPERS, LACE AND GLASSWARE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic PRETTY PAPERS, LACE AND GLASSWARE Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  3:12:02 PM  Show Profile
My neighbor across the street was having a sale yesterday and said to take whatever I wanted, well now a person shouldn't be saying that to me! But I was good and only took a few things, now if she would have let me pay I would have taken more, but she said NO MONEY!.
Then I was going through my two hat boxes of pretty papers and thought I really should do something with these, way to pretty to be hidden, but I just don't know what to do with them.
Raining here right now, and boy do we need it. My watering can is about worn out.
PS. NOW YOU KNOW I POSTED PICTURES! NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9402 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9402 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  5:40:20 PM  Show Profile
Lots of pretty things. I think you made very good choices at the sale.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  6:33:23 PM  Show Profile
You got a lot of fun stuff. The rose candy dish is beautiful.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  6:44:35 PM  Show Profile
I thought I did pretty good, I wanted some other things, but since she wouldn't take any money I had to be nice and just pick a couple of things. I liked that little rose dish too, saw that right away.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  7:54:56 PM  Show Profile
You got some wonderful things from your neighbor. I know what you mean about seeing more stuff but not wanting to just take take take. It sounds like a nice neighbor hood you live in and that is good. The rose dish is a beauty. The things Richard's aunts saved are so wonderful. We all need the maiden aunts. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  9:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
You have some beautiful papers in your collection! I also love the two tiered plates and the blue willow platter! Great deal.....free is the best!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
nancy jo,
i wish i could go yard saling with you , in your neighborhood.
really what i would love to do is go up in your attic....thanks for letting us take a peek at your treasures up there.
if you have a printer, have you ever tried to put a bunch of your cards on the scanner and scan them. then you could use them without having to loose the original. you can also scan them and use them for graphics on your blog page.
or scan them, go to wallmart get that teeshirt transfer paper and iron the copies on some tee shirts or whatever.....oh my brain is starting to hurt.
anyway, thanks so much for sharing, the cards and the willow platter are great.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  05:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou you all for your interest in my site, It would be pretty lonesome in blog land without you all.
Frannie, I will scan some of the postcards and pictures, I really do hate to glue paste and cut the originals, thank you for your ideas, you can come play in my attic whenever you want to.
Richard's three aunts left a lot of nice things for us. They saved about everything, and not one of them ever married. Remember the ladies that lived next door on the Waltons? Well they were kind of like them.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9402 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9402 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  05:36:47 AM  Show Profile
How nice that you have things from family. They are precious possessions. Something to pass down through the generations.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  06:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, once AGAIN you have hit the jackpot! Those are some beautiful old postcards, especially the Christmas ones. Pour yourself a big cup of coffee and savor that lovely artwork! And how cool to have some of the "Baldwin ladies" as family members! Have fun. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  09:10:52 AM  Show Profile
NANCE- When are you comming back to the states?? Last year it was near thankgiving wasn' it?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  10:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Nancy Jo! Nope, last year it was the first week of October and that is what I am shooting for this year, too. Hubby came the week before Thanksgiving (his first Thanksgiving, and when he saw the size of the turkey I bought he nearly fainted). I explained the tradition of turkey soup with the leftovers and he got the picture! I will definitely let ya'll know when I arrive, so you can hide your potted pansies, for one thing! Love, Nance
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic PRETTY PAPERS, LACE AND GLASSWARE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page