jennym
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Jenny
Green Lane PA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  07:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! This is my first "real" post - I posted in the Welcome Wagon forum a couple of weeks ago, and we've been away for the past week and a half. We were in Pemaquid, Maine for vacation - my favorite place in the world! Anyone here from that area? Even though we had a great time though, I have to say it is so good to be home! And it has been so nice reading thru all of the new (since we've been gone) posts. I'm so glad I found this website, you all are so nice and real! I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood! Anyway, it's good to be back and I'm so much looking forward to being a part of the group.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  08:17:04 AM  Show Profile
A nice as vacations are isn't always grand to be home. Glad you like it here, Jenny. wouldn't it be fun to visit everyone? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  08:20:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny, I have always wanted to visit Main. I am hoping next summer or fall. I am glad you had a wonderful time. I know what you mean about being back home. Did you take a lot of pictures? Would love to see some of them.

Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  08:23:37 AM  Show Profile
welcome to the group jenny. i, too, would love to visit maine someday. i hear that it is beautiful.

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  08:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny! I am originally from Quechee Vermont where I grew up. We spent every summer in Maine! Spent a lot of time at BoothBay Harbor, Pemaquid, York, Ogunquit, Freeport ect. Went to summer camp in Poland Springs and my husband and I had our Honeymoon in York Beach! My mom and dad moved to Virginia shortly after we married (7 years ago) so we haven't been back since. I miss it like crazy! Used to go to the Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth every year for my birthday! Now I have to settle for Red Lobster which is no where near the same! I am so glad you go to visit that area. Someday I will get back! I am glad you have joined the forum as well!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny, welcome back. It is like spending some time on the porch with girlfriends we have known forever. I enjoy it so very much.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  1:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Home Jenny! Vacations are nice, but home is nice too!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  3:15:57 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you are back Jenny....sounds like you went to a beautiful place for your trip! I would love to see the east coast and visit places like that some day. I havn't been EAst of Minnesota..and THAT was 20 years ago..oh..and a trip by air to Kentucky 5 years ago..but stayed mostly in Paducah. I have always wanted to visit Vermont and Maine.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  3:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh vacations are such great breaks to remind you how much you love your home...LOL
Glad you are here amoung us and that you had a good vacation.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  4:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group! Glad you had a great vacation. I hope you find as much enjoyment in being a farmgirl as I have. This is such a great forum to be a part of!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  6:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Home and Welcome to the group! I've never been to Maine but hope to do some traveling up the east coast in the next few years.
Hope to know you better soon!

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/artfulapronswap.html

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  07:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back and welcome to this great group of ladies, Jenny! I used to live in Massachusetts and traveled around New England some. Were the leaves beginning to turn a bit? I always remember September advertised as the best month to go "leaf seeing". Have a great day! Nance
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  08:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
I love Maine. I am from NY and we used to go up there once in while. It is beautiful. And isn't that the original home of Ben and Jerry's?? That alone makes it a great state!
Merle

Edited by - mkmomus on Aug 13 2007 08:04:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hello! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page