angelsmith13
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Angel
westmoreland TN
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  6:58:02 PM  Show Profile
I appreciate all of your advice and I have taken most of it. I had already contacted the police numerous times as well as other people who had visited us. The main problem that I had was that I do live in Westmoreland but I do not live in Sumner County. A tiny part is in macon county. Macon county has no animal control. I had already sent pictures to everyone I could think of Animal Rescue Groups, humane society etc. And I have heard nothing. Someone asked about the greenery in the background. Anything within reach of these horses is jimsonweed. And from what I understand that is poisonous. It must be because they will not eat that. They do have an appetite because they keep eating at the ground like theres something there other than dust. I have given them hay, water is a little harder. They are my neighbors but I live several acres away. Anyway the cops did go there and talk to them. They told the cops that they had recently "adopted" these horses from someone else who was letting them starve. They said they were rehibilitating them. or feeding them up. Well, the cops believed them and said there is nothing that can be done until their given some time to feed them. They are @#$%*! liars because those horses have been there for years slowly declining. And they used to ride them all the time. Recently, they all bought themselves new motorcycles to ride and since then have neglected those horses. The sad part is that the way all of our land is laid out no one can ever even see that those horses are there except for me or someone who might be going up that side of my property. I really appreciate all of the support that you all have shown on this. I live in a very friendly community but for some reason when it comes to this everyone is basically telling me that I should mind my own business ( even my friends ) But I have to try. I think they only say that because it's not them who has to see it everyday. Out of sight out of mind. I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how they are doing. Let's all hope that someone comes to help them.

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow. What a story! I am amazed at your courage to stand up for those poor animals. If nothing is done by the authorities, at least you will have a clear conscience that you did all you could for them.

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  7:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would keep contacting the police and let them know that the horses are not new additions, but rather have been there for years. You know that old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease?" Well keep on Squeaking! Hopefully they will go and investigate better.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  12:25:32 AM  Show Profile
I posted some horse rescue places in TN over on your first post. I truly hope that you will contact every one of them that you can and get someone to help you with this.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  06:54:27 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Alee, I would keep contacting the police and the organizations that were posted on the first post. Thank you for being an advocate for the horses. It sounds like you are all they have.

Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Update to starving horses. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page