Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Would you like to link to my site?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Would you like to link to my site? Next Topic  

Lena@HickoryGroveFarm
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Marlena
Brunson SC
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  07:17:10 AM  Show Profile
I sure hope nobody sees this posting as a shameless attempt to market my site... I'm certainly capable of being shameless, but I'll just tell you when that's the case! Grin.

After being a part of this online community, it has become apparent to me that there are a lot of other artists and entrepreneurs out there, and I am so impressed with you all. I decided to revamp my entire website, and am in the process of doing that now.

To that end, I'm adding a page for my farm, and another page with links to other farmgirls' and artists' sites. You have all inspired me, and I know lots of other people would love to see what you do!

Be sure and check out Sqrl's Artisans web, too. The more we link up to one another, the more exposure we will all get. Her site is located at http://www.sqrlbee.com/artisan/directory/index.html.

Cheers!
Lena

Budding Farm Girl and member of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

see www.marlenam.com

Lena@HickoryGroveFarm
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Marlena
Brunson SC
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  10:20:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm sure hoping I haven't offended anyone with the above post! My intention is to gain exposure for those of you who have web sites and have items that you sell to support your farm. If you are interested in having a link and a picture of your work on my site, please do not hesitate to email me, and I will put it up. I've seen some wonderful work by fellow farmgirls, and would love for others to see it too.
Lena (site is in my signature line)

Budding Farm Girl and member of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

see www.marlenam.com
Go to Top of Page

jamsnbread
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Is
Worth IL
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  10:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Send jamsnbread an AOL message  Click to see jamsnbread's MSN Messenger address  Send jamsnbread a Yahoo! Message
I would be interested in swapping links with anyone who is interested. I have two sites that you all can link to. Linking to one another does indeed help eachother out in the search engines.

Email me if anyone is interested. im clickable.

Take care everyone.

Is.

Jams -N- Bread
www.jams-n-bread.com
info@jams-n-bread.com
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  06:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Dear Jams-n-Bread, I checked out your site, just because your postings sparked my interest. It looked mouthwatering. Love the design and the colors are very "bread-and-jam appropriate" without being too predictable. However, there is no indication of your location, etc. and with items in jars and with expiration-prone items like bread, I (as a shopper) would be interested in learning your shipping fees and times. Would that be an improvement to your site, if there was a little link to "S/H" ? Just a thought...Good luck with your business.

From this hour I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

jamsnbread
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Is
Worth IL
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Send jamsnbread an AOL message  Click to see jamsnbread's MSN Messenger address  Send jamsnbread a Yahoo! Message
Dear realme52,

Thank you for visiting our web site and giving your comments to it. Our web site is a work in progress and I appreciate your suggestions. You can find all of our contact information including our address, phone, email, etc on our contact us page. As far as the shipping fees and times information we are currently working on a page to include that information it should be completed in a few days in the mean time you can add items to your cart and upon checkout you will have shipping charges etc. As far as shipping times for our breads we are seriously considering pulling the breads off the online ordering and only making them available for local pickup and or deliveries.

Is.

Jams -N- Bread
www.jams-n-bread.com
info@jams-n-bread.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlena. Your website is great, and your paintings just beautiful! I just wanted to remind you that we have the "Marketplace" category on the forum where you can start a topic about your website and anything you have for sale. That way, everyone on the site can find your site when they're looking to browse or shop!
Thanks,
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  11:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Lena, you didn't offend me at all; in fact, I'm trying to collect as many FarmGirl websites and blogs as I can. They inspire me, and in the case of those of you who have something to sell, I love being able to get what I want and support another FarmGirl at the same time!

I don't have a site, but I have a blog. This weekend I'm hoping to add to my blog a list of favorite sites. I'll be glad to add your URL to that list.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlena, I just LOVE your art work! So beautiful!! You have such a wonderful gift. Also, my heart goes out to you for helping all the animals that come your way!! It warms my heart to know how deeply you care for them all. I hope to have a place someday where I can do just what you are doing. Thanks so much for helping the critters!! Love and hugs, Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  6:12:08 PM  Show Profile
OK, I am willing to add farmgirl links to my web site! I think I will do it on a separate page. I'll start with the ones posted in this thread.

Reciprocal links would be appreciated!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Lena, your work is breathtaking. It would be an honor to be linked with your page both as a pet psychic and my etsy store. I work with many rescue groups. You can visit my website at www.petreader.com. Let me know how to do this. I'm a dummy when it comes to the net.

Thanks for helping the animals, and much love,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:31:29 AM  Show Profile
I would also like to trade links with anyone who would like to trade with me, either for my pet psychic business or my etsy store. Please feel free to e-mail me with how-tos.

Thanks!
Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jamsnbread
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Is
Worth IL
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Send jamsnbread an AOL message  Click to see jamsnbread's MSN Messenger address  Send jamsnbread a Yahoo! Message
I just had an idea. Why doesnt everyone just post their link along with a short description in a new topic and that way everyone can just go and copy and paste the links from there? It would be much easier than reading all these posts.

I will make a new topic called link exchange and I will post my links and with their descriptions and who ever wants to exchange just post yours.

Hope that helps.
Is.

Jams -N- Bread
www.jams-n-bread.com
info@jams-n-bread.com

C & A Computer Services
www.cacrs.com
info@cacrs.com
Go to Top of Page

jamsnbread
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Is
Worth IL
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  10:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Send jamsnbread an AOL message  Click to see jamsnbread's MSN Messenger address  Send jamsnbread a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by realme52

Dear Jams-n-Bread, I checked out your site, just because your postings sparked my interest. It looked mouthwatering. Love the design and the colors are very "bread-and-jam appropriate" without being too predictable. However, there is no indication of your location, etc. and with items in jars and with expiration-prone items like bread, I (as a shopper) would be interested in learning your shipping fees and times. Would that be an improvement to your site, if there was a little link to "S/H" ? Just a thought...Good luck with your business.

From this hour I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman

Hello realme52, just thought I would let you know that our site has been revamped and if you would like to take another look feel free. We have a shipping/policy page in place now along with a new interface to allow for live customer service chats. We hope that these changes will be beneficial to our customers who may have immediate questions. The live chat is much better than the customer having to email us and wait for a response. With the chat its an immediate communication tool between us and the customer.

We did however end up pulling the bread off the site and are now only selling it locally. I didnt want to add additives and preservatives to the bread to enable them to be shipped out. That defeats the whole purpose of being natural for me so I just decided not to sell them anymore online.

Take care,
Isabel

Jams -N- Bread
www.jams-n-bread.com
info@jams-n-bread.com

C & A Computer Services
www.cacrs.com
info@cacrs.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  04:50:23 AM  Show Profile
I'd swap with anyone who is willing. I have a links page on my site as well. If you are interested email me (artist@willowtreecreek.com) and I will add you to my list. I think this is a wonderful idea!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

shoptea
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Martha
SAINT ALBANS MAINE
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  7:37:18 PM  Show Profile
HELLO LENA, YOUR SITE IS WONDERFUL. I WOULD LOVE TO EXCHANGE LINKS WITH YOU. EMAIL ME YOUR INFO AND I WILL PUT A LINK ON MY FARM STORE SITE :)

http://www.villagehavenfarm.com
Country Farm Store - We carry Tea, Country Teapots,Goat Milk Soap and more and yes we even sell Goat Cookies!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  9:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Gals - my website is up and running. I would be happy to exchange links. Always happy to promote Farmgirl businesses. Just email me with your info. You can copy my banner from the links page of my website.

Handmade purses, home decor, and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Would you like to link to my site? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page