Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Fybromyalgia Next Topic  

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  8:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Any other Farm Girls out there struggling with this frustrating disease? Any treatments, alternative or regular, that work for you?

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I just started posting a week ago. I have mentioned health problems and how I had to close my store. It is due to Fibromyalgia and I have been struggling for two years. I could write a book on my experience with this disease, so please e-mail me and we can share. I will say that the best thing I have done for myself is find a good naturopath, chiropractor and stay away from all processed foods. You should be eating organic including lots of fresh, raw fruits and veggies. Avoid meat and dairy that has hormones and antibiotics in it as this can worsen the imbalances in your body. Eat whole grains and sprouts and fermented veggies that MaryJane discusses in her book. These have enzymes that are wonderful for your body. I'm happy to chat about this anytime.

Blessings,

Missy
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:09:56 PM  Show Profile
I have to add my two cents here. My mother has had fibromyalgia for a long time now and while chiropractic seems to be about the only thing that has helped, she has recently found something better...Vitamin B12 injections. She was tested for a deficiency which showed only a slightly below normal reading, but her doctor suggested she give them a try anyway as there was no harm in it. The difference in her is amazing. She at present is getting the shots every two weeks and as it comes time for her next injection, her pain level begins to get almost debilitating again and her fatigue is at times overwhelming. Within hours of her shot she is doing significantly better.
Interestingly enough, one of the signs of a B12 deficiency is pain due to nerve damage. Makes me wonder after all these years...

Live a good and honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
Go to Top of Page

glades girl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

lynn
Fernandina fl.
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  06:20:07 AM  Show Profile
hello from glades girl. I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia 2 years ago
I have to agree with vitamin b. I started using a liquid B vitamin. It's called sublingual total b. its a b12 liquid that you put under your tounge for 30 seconds. It has helped alot also massage, and swimming for low impact exercise. Glad to know I am not alone with this it can make a strong hard working women feel verry tired, sore and helpless. God Bless us all.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  1:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Glades Girl - hello from a fellow Floridian. My son-in-law's mother lives in Jacksonville, Florida, and has fibromyalgia. She eats only raw foods and juices her own carrots. She swims daily and gets massage and has a chiro. She was once in a wheelchair and is now a very active woman. She lives on salads, fruits, carrot juice, barleygreen and purified water. When I hear her talk about the pain she has experienced my heart goes out to her. Hope you can find the right balance for you, dietwise and exercise wise.
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  1:21:17 PM  Show Profile
Can someone explain the symptoms of this disease?

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  3:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Jenny -- Missy will probably on later tonight and can tell you better than I can. She's suffered with it for 2 years. I know that fatigue, mental "fogginess", pain in joints and muscles are a few.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  01:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
It is a mysterious disease.It has symptoms very similar to arthritis, achy and sometimes tender joints/joint pain, tiredness way out of proportion to the energy expended,sleep problems (hard to stay asleep when you are in pain all the time).The Dr.s think it is caused by neuron transmitters in the brain that misfire and send extreme pain messages to parts of the body where there is not real physical reason to feel extreme pain.As explained to me by my physician. If you log onto webmd.com, they have quite alot of info.
Go to Top of Page

glades girl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

lynn
Fernandina fl.
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  06:10:05 AM  Show Profile
jpbluesky thanks for your response.Ihavent found a balance yet. the burning in the shoulders is the worst part. The rest i have learned to live with. on a lighter note i am new to the sight and i see your name on several forums. Its nice to know theres more than one floridian on this sight when i was reading i didnt see any. where in fl. do you live? Are you on a farm or were you raised on one ect? thanks for chatting with a newbie as the term seems to be. God Bless
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  9:25:49 PM  Show Profile
I have the symptoms mentioned before.In the beginning I was alomost bed ridden and would only sleep 1-2 hours a night. My doctor wanted to hopitalize me for sleep deprivation, but I wouldn't do it. As it turns out, I have really bad food and chemical sensitivities that were causing muscle pain and spasms and restless legs,depression, anxiety, brain fog and severe fatigue. I'm sensitive to chocalate, sugar and caffeine which I was having on a daily basis. Those things "weird me out" more than anything and I have just avoided them all together as well as the other things that I know make me sick. I have suffered weight loss due to leaky gut syndrome which is a big culprit for the sensetivities. Everything that goes into my body does not digest properly, but "leaks" into my bloodstream and then my body treats it as something bad and then I don't feel well. Don't mean to be long winded, but I like to be open about it in the event that I can help someone who is suffering the way I was even 6 mos. ago.

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  09:19:06 AM  Show Profile
I was diagnosed with this. Massage and heat help. Learning my limitations too! And good diet.......The Maker's Diet/Suzanne Somers.

¸...¸ __/ /\____ ____
,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±± |
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  6:32:32 PM  Show Profile
I ditto that holly. My husband and I started The Maker's Diet @ 3 mos. ago and it has done wonders for me and for my husband. I feel so much better and he lost 20lbs in the first six weeks and has a lot less stomach trouble. I would highly reccomend it to anyone whether you are healthy or not!!

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  01:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Thanks Ladies, I will look into all of the things you have mentioned and talk them over with my doctor. Networking always seems to solve most problems for me...let's hope this is one of them too.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  09:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi.

I also have fibromyalgia. I am nearly immobile because of it. I havent' heard of the sublingual vitamin B, but am willing to give it a try. Massage works well for me but I'm too broke right now to do it. My doc won't do injections though I asked him about it. A prescription med that worked well for me was Feldend but for ME, it caused heart arrhytmias after about 8 weeks use. I hated to have to quit using it, cuz it really helped.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  11:06:16 PM  Show Profile
Here is the site to the Fibromyalgia network (www.fmaware.org) that has alot of helpful info,studies and findings, suggestions and research. There are some light hearted articles too, this is such a frustrating illness that you have to keep a sense of humor. They publish a magazine that you can get at B&N, Borders or any big chain and they also have an online newsletter that you can get for free.
There also has been a recent "Fibromyalgia for Dummies" that's been published you might ask your library to get. I have been misdiagnosed for almost 20 years and in the last 5 have finally found some help and relief but the frustrating thing is that no one day is ever like the next and that is hard for me to accept. I always think if I felt well yesterday, it should be so today. My other problem has been learning my limits and not overdoing it. I have always been a jump in with both feet and get the job done person and now I have to accept that the job may take me three days to complete. My best to all of you struggling with this misunderstood and mysterious illness.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

annart
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Emily
columbus in.
USA
40 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  11:09:00 PM  Show Profile
My sister and I were cured in two to three weeks of Fibromyalgia by stoping all artifical sweetners .We suffered for years.Read my article on page one ?ANYWAY IT'S ON ONE OF THE PAGES .bUT PLEASE READ IT .
Go to Top of Page

annart
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Emily
columbus in.
USA
40 Posts

Posted - May 16 2006 :  11:12:14 PM  Show Profile
mY ARTICLE IS ON PAGE ONE.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Fybromyalgia Next Topic