Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Forced to slow down...UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Forced to slow down...UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I am having a hysterectomy on May 25th. I have been having problems for almost 2 years...just hard headed I guess! But the THIRD opinion was the same. Surgery. Not what I want but I suppose what I need. My uterus has adhered to my abdominal wall. I have several large fibroids and a condition that I cannot remember the name of where the endometrial lining starts feeding off the muscles of the uterus and that is the constant bleeding or part of it. Happily I am not too anemic...all that raw spinach I eat does work! All my other blood work was fine. So nothing cancerous. Thankfully. I do have something going on on my ovaries but appears to be just simple cysts.

Just gotta get my ducks in a row! Jerry will be home with me for two weeks and Zach (my oldest who is 27) lives in Baton Rouge now but has offered to take a week of his vacation and come stay with us when Jerry goes back to work. That was very nice of him I thought. He has always been very thoughtful and helpful.

I am giving you the "heads up!" so if you need to get an order or two in before that time, you can. I won't be making soap from May 15 until June 15. I am working double time to get extra stock on the shelves. And the girls will be filling orders for me while I am recovering. We will all be working hard to have enough stock to supply your needs during that time. I will certainly be checking email and keeping in touch.

I will leave everything on the website as is with a note on the front page so if you realize after the deadline you need something, and you don't mind waiting a bit, you may certainly place your order and it will be filled in the order received just as soon as I am back at work. The dr says I should be able to do some work 3 weeks post op. But wont be able to lift and such for another 3.

Thanks as always for your friendship, your business and your kindnesses.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

UPDATE:Met with my dr on Thursday. I really, really like him. Serious enough but has a sense of humor. Put most of my concerns to rest. He seems to think (knowing me - he said) that I would be off work two-three weeks. That sounds wonderful!! Two weeks will be about all I can stand of watching movies and reading...don't get me wrong I love those two things but I also love all the other things I do. He says I can drive in 7-10 days and be back to my old onery self by 3-4. I have to tell you that made me feel so good. Especially with the last couple of weeks I have had. It will be a blessed relief I believe.

I just have to say if any of you ladies have this or something similar to go through PLEASE have a working relationship with your dr. It is so important. He assured me my 50 or so questions werent too many. And didnt think it was out of line for me to be nervous about it at all...even though I have had 4 c-sections. Surgery is always serious business. And he even shared with me his huge fear of dentists -which added a whole new dimension to our already very pleasant relationship. He in no way thinks it is unreasonable for me to stay awake during the procedure (I mean who else is going to supervise!?)and he promised to keep me informed of everything going on. My kinda dr.

So I am my happy self again. Not dreading so much as anxious.

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on Apr 29 2006 06:45:03 AM

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  2:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Best wishes to you Susan for a speedy recovery, although I'm sure we will be hearing from you before your op date. I'm sure you will feel so much better once it is all over and done with.
Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  3:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
I am so sorry but I am so glad that you are taking care of yourself. I just got the soap that I ordered and I love it. Thank you so much and you do a really great job. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Just got my coterie order today...wonderful!!! I especially love the country clothesline soap!!! (and gosh all of it is so wonderful...the box smelled so good that our mailman..who is a friend..asked what was in the good smelling package) I will sure keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery Susan..it is so hard when the mom has to slow down. Makes us realize how much we really do!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  4:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Susan, is it endometriosis? That's very painful. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  4:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
Sorry to hear this news, everything will be fine, just the process, and the worry, sorry you have to deal with it. Probably everytime I wash My hands, and use your other products I will be thinking of you, so you see this is good for business, this would be one of the bright sides we look for.Sounds like you have great kids,another bright spot, and that you will be up and running in no time. I know several girls that have had this done and they came through fine. Look forward to my Coterie order and many more.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  4:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Just a note...your Coterie orders will go out early in May...before I go in...just wanted you to know. Thanks for all your kindnesses. You all are such blessings! Great friends across the miles.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  5:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Susan, after we talked Saturday morning, I talked to a good friend who is an OB/GYN nurse. She said you are going to feel so much better. In fact, she said that some ladies comment after having this kind of thing taken care of that they didn't realize how cruddy they felt all the way around until they had surgery and felt so wonderful (after the recovery period).

You're already on my prayer list (put you there as soon as I hung up the phone) and will be until I hear you're back to 100%

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  6:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Aww...Patti thank you. I appreciate it so much. I have a toll free you know...call me again some time. Y'all have a wonderful night. Hugs all around!

Susan

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on Apr 04 2006 7:25:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  8:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Susan .. you are gonna be lovin' life after your hysterectomy! i had one (for fibroids the size of double grapefruits) almost 20 years ago .. and i swear .. i think it turned back the clock twenty years! prayers goin' heavenward for a speedy recovery! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  10:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Susan, dear, I suffered with the exact same thing for 20 some years. And I do mean suffered. Gave myself pre-cancerous polyps from all the Ibuprofen and other pain killers. I have NEVER FELT BETTER since I had my hysterectomy! Hang in there, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  10:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
my dear susan, you know you have my prayers throughout this ordeal. as i have known through many things in my life that God does not give us more than we can bear though at times this doesn't seem so. i will pray for you every day and know that soon you will feel better. may you be surrounded by angels. all my love

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  06:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
You people are just too too sweet for words. Thank each of you. I am having waves of panic about it. Worrying about silly things (probably to keep from worrying about real things!)like will I have my house in order? Will I REALLY get my freezers cleaned out(garden will start to come in that week)? Will this hurt my business (that I work so hard on)? Will it really cost $20,000??? You know...trivial stuff. I know my kids will be fine while I am down and honestly the girls can keep up with business as well as I can. Then this morning I have some weird since of dread. I am not normally a basket case, in fact I get aggravated at my mom for being a worry wart. Not that I feel unappreciated, I really don't. My husband tells me often "I have seen your job, and I don't want it!". But I love my life. As it is. I really don't want it to change TOO much. Oh I will be thankful to be rid of the pain and all the "monthly stuff" that seems to be unceasing. That I WILL NOT MISS!!! But I dont want it to change ME. Now, granted some folks would jump up and down for joy if it changed me! I can me a real stinker sometimes. My fuse is rather short. Well, real short! But maybe it stems somewhat from the aggravation of all of the "female trouble" I have been living with. Do women elsewhere say "female trouble" or is that a Southern thing??? You know it is kinda whispered under your breath around here "She's having female trouble." or "Did you hear about her female trouble?" But not many really tell you what the trouble is...so I have only really told a couple of people around here what's going on.

Some of our dearest friends who live in Mississippi know. We are all very close and I know my husband has told the hubby most everything...and I have talked extensively to the wife because she has already done this. And she's a few years younger than me. She says she is coming to stay with me a few days while I am recouperating. I look forward to that. She's a woman after my own heart - chick movies and gourmet coffee!!

Okay, I am rambling...I need to get off my hiney and make some soap! But again thank you all. And you certainly are welcome to email me privately if you have any particular advice. It seems like May 25 is a long time away but it isnt. It will be here before I am ready!

Have a wonderful day. Love to all of you!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Yes, people down here say "female trouble" or "female problems," too. Susan - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having pains and the like - and I also am so glad that you know what's causing them and can have it taken care of. I wouldn't worry about things "changing" you - YOU know who you are, and that won't change!

Sending you best wishes and great thoughts - and keeping clean because of your soap!!! Thank you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Birdsview gal
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Teresa
Concrete Wa
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  09:17:11 AM  Show Profile
Susan,
I had the surgery and can tell you that there is life without a uterus. Your body will change and it takes awhile to adjust. My advice is to listen to your body and not let your mind think you can more. Be sure and take the time to heal.
Best Wishes
Teresa
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  11:23:07 AM  Show Profile
good luck Susan, keep you in our prayers.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  12:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Lifting you up in prayer and thoughts....Wishing you a easy surgery and fast recovery~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  07:59:16 AM  Show Profile
I spent 2 years suffering with uterus problems so I can totally relate. Had that durn thing taken out on my 40th birthday and I feel sooo much better.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  08:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all! I will be so busy between now and then I wont have time to worry about it! There's soap to make and garden to tend and finish up schooling for the year...I am not dreading it as much as I was at first. I will feel a sense of freedom I havent felt in two years. Thanks for all your support. I will keep in touch!

Much love to you all!

Susan

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  2:15:45 PM  Show Profile
I know I'm a little late on this Susan but just had to write. Had my surg. 2 1/2 years ago. I had almost same symptoms as you.( including putting it off too long) It really was not as bad as I thought. I'm sure some of your worry is hormone related. As far as changing I think you will find It's for the better. I have more energy and less aches and pains. My surg. was 2 weeks before Xmas. I even finished some small sewing projects in those 2 weeks. Mostly I rested but would embroider a little , nap some, read alittle,nap some etc. The days went by pretty fast actually. Just rest when you start to get tired don't wait until your tired. Don't worry about the house. Sounds like you have some good helpers. My youngest son cooked for me and kept house too. The other boys came by to help too. They were great.

GOod luck and be sure to let us know how you do. Teddie
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  1:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Best wishes Susan for a speedy recovery and better health!! Enjoy your rest and let your family spoil you! Prayers being sent your way!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  4:51:15 PM  Show Profile
You are going to be fine. And I know you will be stronger than ever! Praying for you!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

frontierlady
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

KY
57 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  06:32:53 AM  Show Profile
I wish I'd seen this sooner!

You will be in my thoughts.

You'll have to tell us how many books you got to read and
what movies you saw.....

In this household I stammer and call it "female time", "ladies
time of the month", "that time"....

Go to Top of Page

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  06:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Susan!

When this is over, I promise you are going to think to yourself.. "Why did I wait so long?"..
I felt a million times better after my hysterectomy. No more of those awful "labor" type pains every month. I felt like I had a second lease on life, I felt so much better.(I was 36 at the time) Your body will take a little time to adjust. I had hotflashes for a while (but I also had my ovaries taken out along with my uterus) I took estrogen, that made a huge difference.
Good luck to you...Speedy recovery!

Carla...

If you treat an individual as what he is, he will stay that way, but if you
treat him as if he were what he could be, he will become what he could be.
-- Goethe
www.jennywrensurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/

Edited by - JennyWren on May 02 2006 06:51:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  06:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I will stay in touch I promise! I have a basket beside my side of the bed that I have been filling with books and such. Plus a basket by my chair in the living room. I'll be honest, I have been so busy I hardly think about it...it will be here before I know it. And be over before I know it.

My husband is home right now (two weeks home, two weeks gone) and he is cooking like a mad man putting things in the freezer for after surgery. He made a huge pot of gumbo and put it in ziplocs...even some individual servings. We have cream of carrot soup in the freezer, he's making stew today. And will make chicken soup (he is FAMOUS in these parts for his chicken soup!) and tomato soup. I don't know what else is on his list. But he is planning ahead for us. You just cant imagine what a blessing he is to me.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Susan
I'm praying for a quick recovery, along with it also being a very healthy recovery for you. I know it's tough to take a break away from such a busy routine, but it sounds like you are in very good hands and took a lot of time to make preparations before-hand.

Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and not alone. God is with you lifting you up by giving you His strength and comfort and touching you with His healing hands. Keep the faith.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Forced to slow down...UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page