Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  4:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Yep, cooler and we should be sewing away, right Katmom!!!!!

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  05:20:43 AM  Show Profile
My blocks are done!! Sheryl-lyn, please send me your address and I'll get them in the mail to you. Thanks!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  07:44:16 AM  Show Profile
OMG Kathy! You are speedy. I better get cranking. My daughter chose that black and white quilt top for her bedroom, so I will be quilting that one this week! I am kind of excited to see it get used.

I will send my address, Kathy!
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  08:30:19 AM  Show Profile
Got it! The mail's gone for today, so they'll go out to you tomorrow. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:00:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow Kathy you are quick! Way to go! I cut strips for first block set this am. Progrss finally
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  2:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Do we send money for return postage? Almost done with mine...almost....
Miss Julia
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  3:58:17 PM  Show Profile
YES, SEND A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE FOR THE SAME AS IT TOOK YOU TO MAIL YOURS! HOW DID YOUR SQUARES TURN OUT? ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE MORE SQUARES IN THE FUTURE?
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  5:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Miss Julia,
Yippeee and stars for you girl. Proud of you for doing this and you are almost done. Guess I best get busy, have a couple more strips to sew and then I should be done with them. Then to mail them first of Septmeber....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:13:00 PM  Show Profile
okay over achievers...i cannot even remember who is in charge of this one. was it sheryl?
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it is me! I am in charge and better get hustling too. Have the fabric and I think I picked a good block to do, so I will get on it as soon as we get done painting my daughter's room. It is cool and rainy today, so I might get the fabric cut at least. We'll see! :)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:32:22 AM  Show Profile
please send me the cool and the rain..we are still dyin' over here!!! okay...i gotta send you another square, too...i am looking around for your address...where oh where did i save it..gotta go check my archives!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:02:48 AM  Show Profile
I am not an overachier, just paniced cause I signed up for other swaps due about the same time, eh gads am I crazy or what...lol But I am havin fun....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  04:58:34 AM  Show Profile
I've got nine done minus embellishments. Maybe I can do that part in the evenings now. It's been cool all week, perfect for fall themed sewing.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:22:58 AM  Show Profile
i just wanted to say I really love all of you and think you are just great and the anticipation of the squares everytime is just like ...well..christamas at age 6!
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Jess, but what do other people (non-farmgirls) think? One of my co-workers thinks it's neat, and several others ask why I would want a quilt with all those different blocks. My mom is the same way--she thinks a quilt should be uniform with uniform blocks and fabrics (not that she sews at all, but if she's buying one, she'd never buy one that looked "scrappy" (really, ratty in her words)). My husband just shakes his head and asks, "is this one finally for us?" when he sees me at the sewing machine. I explain that it "sort of" is, and I see him just glaze over and say, "well, if we're going to get a quilt out of it in the end, then it's OK".

And, as far as the yo-yo's go, both he and my mom think I'm totally insane! So, I just hum the "funny farm" song under my breath.....they're coming to take me away, hahahohohehe, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Yes, my husband and sisters both think I am completely insane..swaps, random unmatching quilt squares, aprons...a giant table full of projects destined for people I have never met in the flesh!! My one sister who can crochet and knit beautiful things..just does not get it..."you make really neat stuff, take a picture, and send away... and you will never see it again...what??!!!" I just laugh and laugh..they all think I have completely lost it. Anyway...oh well...I like you girls...and I will keep hanging with you and at some point maybe they will figure it out! Craziess!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  06:26:20 AM  Show Profile
My friends and some of my family think we are insane in a way too. My kids keep reminding me how I warned them about the people "lurking" on the internet trying to be their friends and were really wishing to harm them. I never let them have "myspace" if I knew about it, so now they call all of us "Farmspace" and make fun of me. However, they think it's cool that we send each other stuff that is nice.

I like being here too. You guys are the coolest!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:38:06 AM  Show Profile
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" and so, the only opinion that matters to me, is mine!. I have friends who can not think outside the box, & I feel so sorry for them, because they are missing out on such great pleasure & creative freedom.
But, here we are, a vast ecclectic group of crafty talented women who can appreciate each others creativity, as well as encourage & motivate us to challenge ourselves. Isn't that great!
Sew on Sisters, Sew On!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 23 2007 10:39:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  11:10:18 AM  Show Profile
well put grace...you can be our spokesperson!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  6:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that sister!!!! My dh loves that I do it and goes what is coming next. Ya gots to understand he is a farmboy stuck in the city. He has really enjoyed some of the funnies I have shared with him. A good laugh is good for all of us. He would never post cause we have a laptop and he can't see the dang screen very well. Besides he figures if I use some of my daily words on here that maybe I won't keep him up at night... Silly man....LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  2:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Well friends, I got the first set of blocks today and they are a fall inspiration! You will love them. Kathy (Ktknits) did a great job and has inspired me to get rolling!

Kathy: Thanks for being the first one done and for the blueberry tea. I have been making a lot of iced tea lately and blueberry is my favorite! Your blocks are beautiful and the fabric is perfect for a fall quilt!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  4:44:47 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I will be working on mine soon, but I got some bad news (see Across the Fence). I don't know what my next few weeks will entail so I will keep you posted and do my best to complete these. I HAVE to finish these pirate costumes this weekend first. It's really important for my daughter and the girls i nthe bandfront.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Clare:

Do NOT worry about these blocks (unless you find making them relaxing)!! We will take care of your end if you need us to. Please just concentrate on being healthy and taking care of yourself and family!
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile
blocks will be on the way to Sheryl-lyn today...just had to take a picture of them...I'm kinda proud of them...
Miss Julia

IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z188/jcbtxstars/Local106wFallQulitBlocks2.jpg[/IMG]

http://jcbtxstars-local106.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  09:32:46 AM  Show Profile
wow...go yu they look great!

if you put a bracket at the beginning of that code, it will show it to us and we do not have to click on it

sometimes the first bracket gets missed in the copy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page