Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  9:41:01 PM  Show Profile
You girls are making my night, oh to sit in a bath, that means I would have to scrub the drat tub, nope a shower sounds so much better.....lol
Sewing room, I know it is here somewhere.....underneath this massive mess.....lol
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  06:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Sheryl-lyn, how wonderful to have your neighbors see you sew and wave as they go by. I might have to try that on the front porch this fall just to see how many look and wave. We have an outlet there.

Ladies, I went to our new quilt store, and it was a HUGE disappointment. If she is still in business at Christmas time, I will be amazed. So, now to the stash in the garage. Today is a good day as the heat disappeared to cool, rainy weather, a breath of fall to inspire me. I picked my block and just need to get my fabric and get going on it.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  10:58:52 AM  Show Profile
Remember, I do not have any youngin's to take care of anymore! That makes tubby time a reality! LOL My two are in their 20s and although they live at home (and believe it or not, we do still have dinner together most nights) they are on their own for the most part. They work, go to college, and hang out with friends most evenings, so I have a lot of quiet time (except for the dog who does her "dirty business" in the house every morning) (Ok, she is really old, but I think she can hold it if she wanted to, then it is not quiet since I am kinda mad at her. It gets a little easier when the kids grow up and get past that high school stage.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile
good for you Sheryl...and ick doggie doo!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I think I would make the doggie a special home out side if that was happening in my home I would just go ballistic on that eekk. A nice doggie home with a little picket fence and a warm blanket maybe a heated floor to keep the doggie warm something nice so I wouldn't feel like I was neglecting a long time family pet . don't know how I can take 7 years straight of dirty diapers but can't handle doggie poo but I am not good with that. if they are out side I can handle it just fine ( the poo out side that is). I guess it is because my parents have had 5 hugh dogs living in their ( tiny tiny) home and they don't care at all and their house constantly smells like doggie poo and it revolts me because no one else in my family lives that way just them and it is so unsanitary. your doggie has an excuse called age and a mommy who takes care of it each morning ( I know that or it wouldn't make you mad) mine just don't care and that makes me mad that they have pets I feel so sad for the dogs<a if you have pets they should be treated as family and respected and taken care of my parents don't take care of them at all. The dogs are always fighting each other for food becasue my parents forget to feed them for days. Ok off my soap box I love pets just wish everyone did.

On the bath thing I love baths we have a real nice garden tub that has all kinds of stuff for nice baths. Excuse the mess I need to clean it right now. It is bigger than it looks I can almost lay down in this and I am 5 foot 7 it is real deep it full and I am sitting my chest is still under water

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 10 2007 5:53:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  12:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh, that looks so nice!! I love my bathtime! :) Yeah, I am often cleaning up after my chubby dog. She is senile and deaf too, but she still follows me everywhere I go, so I cannot banish her. I think she will have to be put down soon since she has arthritis pretty bad too. It is gross, but she eats dirt everyday and that makes her "business" not stinky and kinda like the dirt! (I am sorry to be so descriptive) I have my wetjet cleaner in the pantry and I use it all the time so the house stays clean and fresh. I am outside with the dogs all day long, so she only does it in the morning. This too shall pass. She is a good friend to me in every other way, so I live with it and wash my floor every morning. It's actually a pretty good habit and takes only a few minutes.

I am working on the Halloween swap today. Found a few things I like and am planning to make. Since it is raining and cold, it is good to think of the fall. I will bring the projects with me to Vermont.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  12:57:00 PM  Show Profile
How nice! Boy I could soak in there for hours. I really like the dark tile.
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  1:03:24 PM  Show Profile
Man Sheryl-lyn...rainy and cold...i could use a bit of that right now!!!96 degrees...high humidity...and sunny!!! Everything looks crispy and burnt outside!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile
You know, it's funny how you think everyone is having the same weather as you?!? I was thinking you were getting rain too! :) It is in the 60s today too. It feels like that heat wave was never even here. I have my embroidery machine whirring away. I did not like that red and white quilt top I made until a lot of you said that that was one of your favorites. Then my other friend (who I quilt with) said she liked it too. She suggested a white border with redwork embroidery, so that is what I am doing. Now I like it a lot. I hope to get the border on tonight. We will see.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  2:07:41 PM  Show Profile
ooohh show us pics when you are done!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  6:16:01 PM  Show Profile
You girls are getting with it and all I want is a nap!!!!!
Hmm, short nap and then sew........
CS

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  8:03:55 PM  Show Profile
I got the top done!! YAY! I also cleaned my attic space a little more and took out some more tops I made. I will take pictures after I get back from Vermont next Saturday. I will talk to you all then!!

Love,
Sheryl
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile
WEll, I pulled out my pattern and fabrics, but the heat came back. I am tired today, a bit too much with fair week. So, the blocks will wait for now. I need muslin for the foundation and forgot about that. I have to get it this week.

Yes, I got my new Keepsake Quilting, and I loved it. I want to order two fabrics in there. I also got my new Hancocks of Paducah yesterday, and it is so inspiring. I have fabrics all circled, but I will probably just use it for inspiration. I like the Sandt gervais line-teal, pumkin, gold, browns. Very fun small prints.

Are we using one color the same in these such as gold, brown or pumkin? Before I start I want to be sure if there is one color we are suppose to use? If not, I will just use what I think is fall in the scarlet, brown, greens, gold, plum areas.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  7:07:22 PM  Show Profile
i do not think we have a theme...just fall colors
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  05:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
yep i think it is just fall colors

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  11:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Ok, just checking. Time to cut foundation pieces and move on to the block pieces. I love this block and hope you all will too.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  2:45:50 PM  Show Profile
I just want to make sure I have this right. We are making 16 blocks, keeping 1 and mailing 15? Thanks, Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:18:27 PM  Show Profile
i think you are correct
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  3:10:43 PM  Show Profile
I just mail all them off. It is easier on the swap mama to have them all and just make a pile for each without necessarily labeling each pile. If you get distracted, you can forget whose block is whose.

Oh, I got two done minus the embellishments. I love making quilt blocks for swaps. The anticipation of the mix is great..

Country girl in NE PA

Edited by - suzyhomemaker on Aug 16 2007 3:11:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  08:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Working away on the quilt blocks this morning--bright and cool in NW Indiana today--perfect quilting weather, and the fall colors are doing their trick. I'm getting in the fall mood! It's my absolute favorite time of the year!!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  7:30:38 PM  Show Profile
okay...bought some fabric today the cool is helping me out a little...finally!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  06:22:02 AM  Show Profile
I had a great week in Vermont again! The weather was very chilly and the colors are already making that subtle change into fall. It's lovely. I woke up to 48 degrees yesterday so I am excited about our fall blocks. After I get unpacked and clean up a little, I will get to work on the blocks!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  11:36:27 AM  Show Profile
We are having a pleasently light rainy day today, perfect for sewing,,,,and boy-o-boy do I have a lot of projects sitting on my sewing table, and of course I went & signed up for yet another one!.
Today I will sit down & work on my squares for this swap.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
sheesh...i gotta get busy!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  4:03:45 PM  Show Profile
I am sooo behind on some of my projects. Since I only have two more weeks off, I plan to stick around and just sew for the whole time. I love that!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page