Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cheryl,
I am hanging in here,,,, but I swear, if I have to look at one more card board box, I think I will have to drown my frustration in a martini,,,a very, very large martini, problem is,,,,I can't find my martini glasses, they are in a card board box somewhere here!!! LOL!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 02 2007 10:49:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Doesn't that just figure? Oh heck woman just throw it in a glass at this point, but then again are your martini fixin's in this same box? Drat....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:58:21 AM  Show Profile
hey katmom...send me an email with your new address when you get a chance...jess
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:59:21 AM  Show Profile
well look at that my 1000th post! How funny!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  2:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy 1000 Jess!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  1:06:01 PM  Show Profile
oh thanks so much!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  2:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Well, I can think of nothing better than whipping up fall blocks when it is 90 degrees out. That is the perfect way to make yourself feel cooler, right? Maybe in my imagination anyway! Hope you are all holding up okay and keeping that A/C on.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  5:36:00 PM  Show Profile
It has been really nice the last 2 days at my house. Now if I could only shut off my inner heater! (hot flashes)

Cheryl :)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  6:43:16 PM  Show Profile
oh my area is stiffling...and my a/c is not keeping up...85 downstairs, and 103 upstairs...ugh...lots and lots of frozen water bottles for the rabbits, and fans for al!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  7:34:55 PM  Show Profile
That is HOT, Jessica! I guess the sprinkler is a great idea even at midnight! I would be doing that for sure!
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  7:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Me and the hubby moved to the living room to sleep. Too hot in the bedroom.

I'm trying to decide what color to make the background of my blocks. I'm thinking basic white or maybe a light gold. I'm going to piece by hand again because I can get my corners to match.

Denise

Edited by - Nicie on Aug 07 2007 7:58:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  8:54:46 PM  Show Profile
yipee, had fun today...went over to the Joann's store & bought my fabric for my quilt swap sq's as well as for an apron swap.....tommorow I sew!!!!!!!yippeeeee!
Thanx again Jess for letting my have one of your spots.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:18:40 PM  Show Profile
What is wrong with me, why can't I get inspiration with this. I really look forward to but every block I think about doing, I go blekkkkk!!!!
Maybe I need to change colors a little!!!!
I get my burst of energy around 10pm when it is cooler, and then I head for bed... This has got to change.
Gracious cheryl, I sure can understand about those dern hot flashes.
Jess, good grief, girl that is too hot to even think!!!!!!
Okay, being patience with myself might be nice. When it is time it will come....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  07:58:20 AM  Show Profile
oh yes, we are all sleeping in the one cool room....78!! we want to put a huge addition on next year, so we are just trying to make it through this summer with this sucky a/c and bad duct work. We replaced all the plumbing, and the hot water heater, and countless electrical and all the outlets...paint...plaster work...built new cellar doors...now we are getting ready to paint the outside, and think about a new front porch and front porch roof and roof line...and decking!!! I love my house, but I do not think we have rested a moment in 3 yrs!

As far as these blocks go...Carol Sue...I am with you...I go look at fall colored fabric and just cringe...I cannot pick a good block, and the colors just arent inspiring me right now!!! I even escaped to Barnes & Noble for a couple of hours the other night, pouring through th e quilt block section, and not a one looked good to me...I am not going to think about for awhile and see if that can help me! Maybe it is the heat. I am getting several aprons cut out, but to sit and sew them in this heat has been killing me...I think I will take some of advice from Sheryl-lyn...maybe I will run an extension cord out under the magnolia tree or the grape arbor and sew out there!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, sewing outside is the best medicine. My neighbors all wave when they go by and some stop by to see what I am doing, it is fun. Don't worry about not being inspired. Until the weather chills a little, no one is thinking fall. I will make mine later when it is not 3000 degrees. I am working on placemats and napkins now. My *&^%ing serger was giving me a fit last night and my neck hurts from the stress of it all. Finally got done though. I love and hate that stupid machine! :)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile
wow sheryl..did not know you had it in ya!!! Good for you and that *&^%ing serger!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  6:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok, my husband had to finally intervene and get between me and the serger. He got out his magnifying glass to see if I was threading it wrong based on the directions that are so tiny and hard to follow (I am not kidding about the magnifying glass!) Once we were using the magnifing glass, I could see the way the thread went through one of the holes and I fixed it. Oh, and I had the wooly nylon in the wrong slot (a fuzzy thread).

I can curse in many languages you know. My multilingual talents were in full force today and last night. Hopefully I am ok now! :)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  7:39:59 PM  Show Profile
you go girl...stay up a little late tonight and have a drink...remember, it is practice!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  01:04:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sheryl-lyn,
Oh the tales we could tell about our love/hate relationships with our machines....
LOL cursing in several languages, did it help.
Thank goodness you intervined or it would have flown out the window.....
Thanks for the encouragement gals, I thought it was just me on the inspiration....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  05:18:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I just wanted to tell you all that I had purchased my fabric for our blocks. I chose another simple block pattern but I think you will all like it.
We made a quick stop at the county fair the other day. We alway stop at the 4H exibits. My husband loves the small animals. If he could he would purchase a million bunnies and guinepigs. (but then I would be the one cleaning up the cages) WE made a quick trip because he is not so good on his feet these days.
I myself have not gotten much sleep these past weeks. And I am now starting to get a little stress out about the pending surgery at the end of the month.
Any way, I will try and get my blocks done this weekend. If not they will be done by the 25th of August at the latest. Sherly-lyn, I will need your mailing address. If you have some time, please email it to me.
Have a great rest of the week. I think the weather is going to get cooler here in NJ. I still have a lot of yard work to do. My poor sewing room and table are almost unfindable. My kitchen floor has seen cleaner days, and gosh, lets not even talk about the bathroom! Yuck! My only saving grace is the dishwasher! Sometimes I throw dirty dishes in with clean and just re wash them. (Lazy?)
Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:45:59 AM  Show Profile
Kathy H YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! MY DIRT IS BUILDING UP AGAIN,. AND I HAVE MOVED TO CUTTING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE I CANNOT FIND THE TABLE!! IT IS HOT AND STICKY!!

I am glad you made it to the fair...by the way..a jersey wooley is a very small rabbit that has a lot of fur so it looks more substantial, it has tiny poop anddoes not eat much, so cage cleaning is minute. I have always had luck with that breed being a good lap bunny. Not like you need more to do, but get the man a bunny. and guinea pigs...dumb and smelly and need more cleaning than rabbits! ick!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  3:17:56 PM  Show Profile
It is a lovely day here today. We actually turned off the A/C for the day and did our housecleaning this morning. My sewing area was ALL OVER the downstairs until last night. After my serger rage, I could not bring myself to clean out the dining room and put the machines, fabric, etc. away. It is pretty clean now though. Sometimes my house looks like a sweatshop with the machines everywhere. I am going to Vermont again Saturday with my best friend, Deb and will be gone for a week. I am bringing my Singer Featherweight with me to work on my blocks and a few tea towels to work on. Maybe something will get done.

Hope you all had better weather today too.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  3:21:34 PM  Show Profile
has anyone seen the latest keepsake quilting catalog?...maybe i will go to their online shop for inspiration...gosh i feel so blah about these blocks...and i want to do these myself, so i cannot talk about it at home in front of my daughter.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  6:31:17 PM  Show Profile
I just threw away their old catalogue when I cleaned my bedroom the other day. I'll have to look online too. I think I found a block to make in the new Quilt Sampler magazine. Just saw it tonight while I was reading in the bathtub.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  7:10:38 PM  Show Profile
you make me sick...reading in the bathtub!!! that will be the day! ha!! you go right up there honey and take another bath for me, please!!! i am off to shower, so i will pretend i am taking a bath!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page