Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  2:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Guys! I just got back from Vermont and am going to go through all the messages here tonight. I can already see that you all were helpful to one another in my absence! Thank you. I think we are at 15 now and I will let you know tonight. Thanks again!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Kathy (ktknits) you are in! Thank you. Cabinmoose, so are you. If you need any help, I am here to assist, as are all of the other wonderful ladies here.

I have 14 so far, and both Cinnamongirl and Smoothiejuice asked about doing two sets. We can either move to 16 blocks or you can decide between you who does two sets. I have no problem with 16 blocks, but I am not making that decision for the group. Let me know, and then we will be officially closed! YAY!! I am so excited. I saw pumpkin decorations at Cracker Barrel this week. I love Cracker Barrel!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I can do 16 blocks.

Cheryl :)
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  5:14:22 PM  Show Profile
16 is fine with me.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  5:14:37 PM  Show Profile
I can do 16 no problem!! x 2...jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  6:54:42 PM  Show Profile
So, we will all do 16! That is okay with me. Let's try to get them to me by September 15, so we can use them before the fall season is over. This is now closed!

Blocks are 12 1/2 inches each in fall colors.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Whooo Hoo!!!!! Farmgirls start your sewing machines!!
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  05:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Finished/Unfinished? Do this mean the block is 12 inches after it has been peiced together to make the block or after it has been sewn on a quilt top?
I did try to do the Rail Fence one...oh my goodness...that one just not go together for me like the picture or the instructions...
I am now trying to do this on...Starz...http://www.thequiltercommunity.com/Wcb98b1ff579a0.htm
The first one was a mess...the second one...last night...was better...this will teach me patience...oh, and I have a whole new respect for FarmGirl Quilters...wow...it is not a easy as it looks...there is a quilt shop here in Midland...they seam to lean more towards...computerized quilting. That is not for me. I will try again tonight.
Any suggestions? Wish me luck. I really want to do this.
Julia...really worried.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  06:51:21 AM  Show Profile
okay, your square will be 12 1/2" so that when it is sewn into a quilt top it is 12" square. Just so you know...most of our squares are not perfect. There are a few that will always turn in squares that have seams that match and points that are exact, but for the most part, we are all human and capable of many errors!!! Your squares are probably just fine!! Keep on sewing...jess
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  09:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Sheryl-lyn,
Just got back on (after being internetless for almost 3 weeks)
I see I missed the sign-up for the Autumn quilt squares, bummer!
But if anyone has to drop out for any reason, please let me know(via email) & I will jump in and make 16, 12.5" sqs.
If not, I will sit by the side lines and dream of all the lovely squares that you talented ladies will be creating.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  09:57:36 AM  Show Profile
okay, katmom...i will do one set and you can have my other set!! okay...consider yourself signed up
...jess
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Jess, Thank you for the encouraging words. I will keep sewing...pretty or not...my goal is to make a good block every night after my day job. If I can do that I should be able to have 16 good ones by the time they are due. Which brings me to my next question. When they are finished and ready to ship...where do I send them and do I enclose return postage?
Until next time,
Julia
I can hardly wait till 5 so I can go home and try again...
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you send them to sewgirlie with a sase ( self addressed stamped envelope)
just click on her name on the side bar on left to send an email link in new window and ask for her address

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 03 2007 02:43:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  5:08:17 PM  Show Profile
No one needs to be freaky about the exact measurements being 12 1/2 every time. Once you have them all, you can cut them all to the same size or just stretch them a tiny bit. Works every time! I find that if I use a steam iron a little when this happens, I am able to "fix" the size issue easily and it is not even noticeable once you put it all together and quilt it.

Julia: Make sure you have a presser foot that is 1/4 inch on the machine. That will make life so easy. I was quilting for years and wondered why I always had piecing problems until I took a class and they showed me the 1/4 inch foot. Or, you can put a piece of tape at the 1/4 inch mark from the needle. That will be fine as well.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  9:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi, ladies. 16 blocks it is. Tomorrow I go into town and check out our new quilt store. yeah!! I will be looking for gorgeous fall fabrics for this swap. Oh, how lucky to have a quilt store in town now. I can't wait to start.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  01:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Yipee! & Thank you Jess,(insert Happy Dance) I will be in town tomorrow & will have DH drive me over to Joanns after errands, in search of the perfect fabric for the squares...
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile
Those of us with quilt stores close by are either very lucky or very unlucky!! Sometimes I spend all of my money in there! I am probably paying the mortgage on the store!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:37:40 AM  Show Profile
our quilt store went out of business, but he sewing machine repair guy jumped on that and turned 1/2 his shop into a quilters paradise. Now my husband begs me not to go there...and our Joanns has like a "club" of quilty ladies that meets there and goes nuts with all the stuff at their fingertips!! I have to wait until my kiddos are older to do that stuff. But I can always dream for now.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:38:42 AM  Show Profile
oh, and katmom...grace you are very welcome...a quilt square swap would not be the same without you sweetie...i am so glad you are getting settled in...jess
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Ya I picked my blocks now I am off to city to pick fabric and pick up my glasses so I can see what I am doing. This is going to be a great swap.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  2:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Yep, Carrie seeing is a very important factor. I know where my fabric is but it is too hot to get it. This evening and then figuring.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  3:05:14 PM  Show Profile
i am dying to check out the fabric tonight, but it is my anniversary, so i have to go hang with my honey. sorry girls, he is really fun.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  4:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Happy anniversary! Enjoy that man!

I won awesome fall fabric at my quilt shop two weeks ago. We played fat quarter bingo and I won the motherload. I will be using some of that on my fall blocks.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  7:08:00 PM  Show Profile
Jess, Happy Anniversary to you & your DH.
Sheryl-lyn, how lucky to have won a cache' of fat quarters!
I think I will sneak into the storage room where most of my sewing/crafting stuff is for now & look through my containers to sew what I might have in Autumn fabrics, but if I don't find anything suitable it will give me an excuse to check out 2 quilt shops I spotted here in Spokane today, bummer, we had a busy schedule so I didn't get to stop in to either of them.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  7:18:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace,

How is the unpacking going?

Cheryl :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fall Themed Quilt Block Swap!/Update/Now Closed!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page