Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 labels and tags..........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic labels and tags.......... Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie - thanks for the advertising!! Your blog looks great. By the way, my pup is doing much better today. I think we got the one and only "cootie" out!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i'm sorry to tease you about the cootie, but i have to fess up and tell you we had a cootie like this on our mama goat this past spring. well really at the beginning of summer. we were shearing the goats, we were a little late with it cause it had been a cool spring and lots of rain, well she must have had a wound and when i went to inspect it, i found what you found on your little dog.
i do not think i have a weak stomach, i have seen all kinds of things cause i started working in hospitals when i was about 16. dh calls me the ob to the cats and the proctologist to the goats, but let me tell you i thought i was gonna loose it.
i cleaned out the wound and put antispetic in it and then we just kept doctoring it, and the little critters never came back.
anywho, i knew when i teased you about it that i would have to fess up.
now for something completely different.....
glad you like the addition to the blog.
i hope to water color your photos tomorrow or thursday, whichever day i am alone, cause if the kiddos are here they will want to help.
we paint together , but not on all projects.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  12:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
katie-ell,
saw your post on the blog spot and wanted to thank you for the encouragement and i have done some postcards before but not the notecards, i will play around with that and see what i can come up with.
i am getting ready for roundtop in sept-oct. and will be taking alot of crafts and collectibles there so i may see if the postcard /notecard idea may be something i could do there.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  12:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Frannie I love the tags on your blog! I always make my own tags to give with gifts, and I'm learning they can be gifts in themselves as well. Good luck with yours!!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  1:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Frannie -- Do let us all know how the notecards work out. From time to time, I make notecard collages -- and also gift tags -- and sell them at our Historical Society's consignment shop. They always sell. I've been toying with the idea of doing some using historical photos of our area. . . that's why I thought of notecards when viewing your tags.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  2:06:55 PM  Show Profile
WOW, you girls are so creative, I don't know how you find the time? Love the blog Frannie! I have to ask, how are you making the lovely tags on your computer? They look so professional!! Great job!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  10:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks again for the encouragement and ideas.
i have always loved making the tags, and i think i will explore the idea of making some notecards.
i am always looking for new crafts to do, just so i dont get in a rut and also because i need a rest sometime from the reptition of the handcrafts so my hands can have a little time off.
junebug, i print my master copy of the pictures on watercolor paper, sometime the printer and i have a little battle over this. i use an epson stylus cx 4200.
so the water color of the photos is actually watercolored on paper that is very receptive to watercolor.
then i copy that on card stock which you know is a little heavier than just papter.
everything i do is trial and error, and if you try any of it and run into some snags i will be happy to share specific solutions that i have come up with.
thanks again for the input, i love hearing from other crafters who are doing the same type work,,,,,well i just love hearing from other crafters.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  08:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Bump
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  04:38:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie, but it must be the heat, my brain is not understanding how to make those darling tags, are you using a computer software program or just your printer? Ack!!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  04:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i just use the printer, i am not real good with the computer, but iam trying.
i have been working on sherri's cards and will post them on the blog so check it out. she sent me some really cute pics of herself and we are going to use them for the business cards.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  04:33:42 AM  Show Profile
That must be one good printer! lol Did it come with software to do this all with? I can't wait to see what you've done for Sherri!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  04:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
sue,
i have an epson cx4200 and it does seem to print pretty good. it is a handme down from my brother in law.
what are you trying to do, and what problems are you having, maybe i can help.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic labels and tags.......... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page