Page: of 2

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  4:22:52 PM  Show Profile
I WANT ONE!!!! (Oh,sorry,was I shouting!!) Isn't she just lovely. What a find! Even if I found one that did not work, just to have something so pretty and to think of a lady years ago who sewed...well, who knows? Elizabeth, guard her well!
Sunshine, under the title Encyclopedia I see your name! Thank-you for sharing your knowledge with us all!
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  5:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth I have something really similar looking!!
i hven't really gotten into it to look at it.. or mess with it at all.. But the coloring.. & possibly the decals are similar..
i am thinking mine is a replica though.. & not as old..
I will take a picture..
Still fighting with the camera.. but my oldest son jeff says he is going to try to figure out what "I" did to it!!

So fingers crossed.. I have SO many things loaded on there to show everyone!!

This is just SO beautiful though isn't it???
I love the ornate decals!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  07:47:46 AM  Show Profile
I just love the old singers...the black with the decals are so beautiful, and i just feel like they are substantial, now everything is made with plastic pieces, and no ornate details, i just love fancy details...i have an electric black and gold machine from the early 50's was my grandmothers, now is my mothers, and she stores it 1/2 the yr at my house, she is comong in a few weeks and I think i will take it to the sewing machine guy here to work on it, as it is having top tension issues that I cannot figure out!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  5:46:36 PM  Show Profile
Since reading I can't remember where on here about the treadles I pulled mine out to work on it. The cabinet is in pretty bad shape, but fixing it as is sounds fine to me, we ran it a long time ago and it is now sitting in my sewing room to have some tlc. I figured it was a great one to teach my granddaughters on as well. The love playing with material and thought a sewing project would be great. Maybe this fall, too hot to think of lots. I love all the information all of you have what a great way to learn. Thanks. Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  9:11:10 PM  Show Profile
OK!! I am back in Business Girls!! Camera is cooking again!! I Hope!
Well.. My old sewing machine does not have a cabinet.. Which would be so very nice if it did.. I could actualy keep it in the living room then.. THAT would just look SO pretty I think if I could!! AND.. Elizabeth I had a question.. THIS one of mine is electric.. Is yours?? That is why i said I thought mine was a replica.. ok.. here is a picture.. As you can see.. it's really dusty.. & rough looking right now.. Someone just gave it to me not too long agao.. & they had been keeping it in their shed!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  10:07:05 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, That looks Just like mine, except for the electric! A little magic eraser and some sewing machine oil... on the head will make it shine! It looks like your decales are in much better shape than mine. Wowwy you have got a total gem!

quote:
You can also part out the lovely drawers if you had. I've bought just the drawers before, painted them, lined them with wallpaper to make beautiful storage boxes out of. I've seen them sell for as much as $25 each if they're in good shape and ornate.

I was going to find some pretty scrapbooking paper and line the drawers. Since it is mine, for me and not to resale, it may lower the value, but I will feel better about keeping things in them. The wood looks dirty to me. But I cant wait to get some belts and get it going!!!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  09:05:45 AM  Show Profile
I learned to sew on a trendle sewing machine and would love to have one again. Of course I would NOT trade my bernina for one but I still want one

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  09:34:54 AM  Show Profile
isn't it funny that it's electric though?
see what i mean?? it has to be a replica.. but it still is old.. i really like it!

Two Treasures We have huh????

i don't think i'd ever seen one like them before!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  10:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, I think that it may have been an electric conversion kit or maybe it is just a really early electric. I dont think it is a replica. You can check out the serial number with singer on there site.... it should have one or 2 letters then the number.

I am curious to what you find!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  10:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Kathie I copied this from a page for you to read
your model did come electrified when originally sold ( 2 versions where for sale )
http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland.com/store/page19.html

Manual for Singer 66-1-4-6 (Model 31)
$19.00
Full size, bobbin winder attached to belt guard, takes 66 class bobbin, bobbin case sets flat in machine on top left side (case stays in machine except for cleaning and oiling), turn knob to regulate stitch length, no reverse, various gold ornamentation. Some are plain with less ornamentation. Some have red ornamentation referred to as red head or red eye. Early model without tension dial numbers, some models had the pressure foot screw in back other models had regular left screw-on mounts. Treadle or can be electrified
Model 31 similar to design to the model 66 made 1924 thur 1926
B/W reprint & parts chart.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 23 2007 10:13:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  12:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh WoW!!! Thanks Sunshine!!
That'll help won't it?

Thanks for looking all that up!!

So it really is older? I had decided that it probably was not..

Excellent!

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  09:43:27 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine, you are amazing!

So Kathie, what is your machine's birthdate?

E-

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  09:45:07 AM  Show Profile
I love it!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  10:29:51 AM  Show Profile
I haven't looked at it yet!!!
It is sitting there staring at me with this very sad dusty little look right now.. I am on this really stupid.. awful cruddy.. crappy.. pissy ARggggg.. shift at work right now.. NO time for ME!!! UGH!!
ok.. breathing.. I'm at work with the mean people right now..
I am on this ucky 12pm to 10pm shift this week.. Monday i had horrible OT from 9am to 10pm!! I HATE THIS!! NO TIME TO SEW!!!
Maybe tomarrow morning i can get in there for ME some! Wish me luck Girls!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  7:53:42 PM  Show Profile
OK today I got another new toy....

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh My God that's pretty!!!

Egyptian!!
i love it.. what have you found oout about it so far?

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:37:13 AM  Show Profile
Not too much yet... still pouring soap for that big order. But this one looks more loved than the last. The decals are coming off, but I really love the Egyptian theme.
This one doesnt fold into the cabinet, but has a cover over the machine that kinda looks like a coffin. Also the cabinet is not as ornate as the red eye, and there is a drawer missing, but Bill told me his parents have some drawers similar to them at their house, and I just spoke to Bill friend who said that they have a set someplace and he will look for them to give to me also. SO I actually may end up with 3 or 4 extra sets of drawers.

The bad thing is I saw a very nice one on Ebay for $30 ... the sewing machine is ok, but the cabinet is just beautiful.... but it is in Indy and I am about 4 hours away. So... it is a little too far.

This is going to turn into a bad habit.... since these are so cheap around here.... I can smell a collection coming.

BTW there are more pictures here http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

E-

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Jul 26 2007 11:38:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
What a PRETTY collection though!!!

i want more now..

You know.. i have an old.. frame.. or what ever it's called..
My friend that gave it to me years ago said that it had been her Grandmothers I think.. well.. the wood part was way too bad to try to salvage.. ( so if I am saying that you can imagine how bad it was because i save EVERYTHING!!) But i have the Frame.. & two drawers too.. they are really cute.. & I have old Post cards stacked in them .. but I've always wanted to have a new top made for the base again.. NOW i have a reason to.. with my new .. old .. Red Eye!!

Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  1:51:32 PM  Show Profile
well, for being well loved, it still looks gorgeous....
love the sphinx on the top there...lovely....
you lucky girl you!!...
cheers,
~N~

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Here is the $30 one on ebay...No bids still

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260142116737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

This one is $100 and has a cabinet to die for

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-SINGER-TREADLE-SEWING-MACHINE-IN-OAK-CABINET_W0QQitemZ220133154391QQihZ012QQcategoryZ605QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

E-

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Jul 26 2007 5:04:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  5:49:35 PM  Show Profile
holy crap! that's topo pretty.. ok.. now I have to figure out that dang shipping costs!!!

My husband is so going to kill me!!

( wait until he starts to see all those milk bottle's I ordered from Alee!!! )

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:39:35 AM  Show Profile
If I was closer, oh my gravy!!!!!!! You go kathie,
Someone of a farmgirl variety should own those beauties.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  11:58:19 AM  Show Profile
I can't.. I've talked to My Mom.. she's in illinois.. i thought about getting her to swing over & go do it.. But she lives with her Sister & the two of them together right now.. Holy Cow.. Someone just needs a nap.. ya know.. ? If my Mom were to drag anything else in right now My Aunt would shed a few layers of skin or something..
What a hateful old womane she's becoming.. Who knew?
I mean.. I've never seen anyones face get quite so pinched up as hers has become.. hmmmm.. odd.. I wonder what her Parents would think of her now?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Sewing Toy Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page