Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fair Entry - What was I thinking???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fair Entry - What was I thinking??? Next Topic  

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  7:54:40 PM  Show Profile
I signed up for the local county fair last week - and I entered a child's sweater and woman's scarf that I haven't even made yet...

I don't know if there's any hope for me or not - the stuff has to be on display at the fair by August 5!!!!!

Plus I entered 9 kinds of pie.... ARRRRGH

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  8:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! I guess we won't be hearing from you much for the next week or two... Good luck!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:07:03 PM  Show Profile
I used to do the same thing! I entered a bunch of stuff when my kids were little - stuff that I was in the process of making - then I had to finish it up before the entry date. I won a couple of blue ribbons and that was all it took to get me hooked!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear thats too funny, but you could make it happen. Let us know. You could do a baby sweater a scarf is nothing and in your spare time 9 pies yup you can do it. Goodluck hope you win just for putting out all that energy in a big hurry!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:35:49 PM  Show Profile
the pies would be the thing I'd be stressin about!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  05:35:46 AM  Show Profile
No one says you acually have to make nine pies. if you get 3 or 4 done, just enter those. I always signed up for more, and depending on the weather, I would make what worked out for us.

Do they have the blue ribbon apple pie contest? I always wanted to win in that, but I never got above third place.

Country girl in NE PA

Edited by - suzyhomemaker on Jul 26 2007 05:36:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  09:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, YOU CAN DO IT GIRLFRIEND! Easy for me (us) to say, because we don't resemble deer in the headlights, like you just might! As I recall in some older posts, you are quite a good knitter, so no worries, just full steam ahead! And don't forget to post pictures of the ribbons you are sure to win. High five! Nance
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile
yopu can do it!!! Just do nothing else, it can all wait...then post pics for us!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  10:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
OH Boy! Too much coffee perhaps? That can sometimes get you in trouble. There is a sign hanging up in my aunts house that says,"IF WE GET TO HAVING TO MUCH FUN ON FRIDAY AND ASK YOU TO STAY OVER,WE DON'T MEAN IT". Maybe pot pie size pies, and newborn outfit. But I know you can do it, you are farmgirl!!!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:07:45 AM  Show Profile
Your a Farm Girl Brenda..
My Husband has come to the conclusion that we work better under pressure anyway.. so this should be right up your alley!!
Go get 'em Girl!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:51:06 AM  Show Profile
you could create an easy child's jacket from crocheted granny squares. years ago my grandmother made me a cardigan from crocheted granny squares..oh my how I wish I still had that(and was small enough in size to wear it..ha) but it was the prettiest thing..in a pale baby blue color with white..so beautiful.
and the scarf..I bet you could knit one up fairly quickly.
Best of wishes to you. I hope you win some ribbons.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Brenda- You sound like me- no problem just a few things- figure you will absolutely get to it, and then Wham!, reality sets in! You can do it Farmgirl!! Do you have a Weave-It loom? You can whip up a little newborn cardi in no time with one. And if you use giant needles (size 19 or up) and 6 strands of coordinating yarn, you can make a lovely, chunky scarf in a day. The pies would be the thing that would send me over the edge. I'll be sending "crusty" thoughts your way.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  3:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Just a little pride showing...I entered some things in our fair 2 years ago and won first for all three categories I was in (got $15 out of it, too) ; }
Including best sugar cookie...of course I live in a pretty small town, so I can't say the competition was very numerous! But it was fun and I plan on entering more things this year.
The other time I entered I was a teenager and living in a MUCH bigger city..but for both the cookies and the decorated cake I did, I got honorable mention.
Now I'm all fired up for this year's fair! Bring it on!!!

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fair Entry - What was I thinking??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page