Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirls at Home...Share Your Home's Interior
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirls at Home...Share Your Home's Interior Next Topic  

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  03:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey there,

I'm following Libbie's lead about starting a thread for talking about the Farmgirl's homes.

There are so many of us that are doing swaps and other stuff that I thought it would be fun to know the color scheme for your

kitchen, living room and bathrooms..For those that have a Studio area..tell us about that too ...I know I've thought so many times since the RAOK started..."I wonder what their colors are?"

And also to just have a place to talk about the home being the center of our lives.
Here's the topic that was posted under Suggestions many months ago suggesting a place to talk about our homes.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8863
If this topic was already started by someone else months ago I couldn't find it.

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

Drop by anytime for a Latte ~
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Jul 20 2007 10:05:39 PM

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  03:49:54 AM  Show Profile
My house is really a mix of shabby chic, country and stuff that has sentimental value to me even if I don't "like it" if someone near and dear gave it to me or I inherited it from them it is part of my life. My kitchen is a dark red "derby red", living room is loma linda green...bath is a very light spring green and sitting or woodstove room is a happy yellow. My entry way is a light orchid.

Here's a link to a blog about my house. I have it on the market because I would like to move somewhere with more land. If it doesn't sell I will be fine staying here too.

http://32maplestreet.blogspot.com/

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  04:33:36 AM  Show Profile
MaryAnn, your home is beautiful. Love it and you wrote such nice descriptions, makes me want to buy it right now!! Just lovely. Oh, what is a kreemy?

My home isn't as romantic as that. It is a 2 story 1988 colonial in a subdivision of colonials. Colonials are big in Virginia. Had it painted last year in a sage green with black shutters and a black roof. We have 3 acres of untouched woods out back. Discovered sassafras out in the woods and nightshade...learning my herbs and trees. Lots of hostas and astilbe and deer on the property.

Kitchen is in transition right now from green to a cottage yellow. Family room is cottage yellow with touches of burgandy as accent. The front rooms are done in antique white and burgandy. MBR is a garden theme of light blue with a green ceiling. My two upstairs BR's are both themes of blue and white with touches of yellow. I'll post photos on my blog.

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  05:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
I will have to take some pics of the house to share as it will all be changing soon. We just moved in a year ago. I still have not put any personal touches colorwise in the rooms other than my daughters room and those are her touches, just my labor. lol

I have to feel the color before I make a decision if that makes sense. I just decided on the DR color so I plan to paint it when we return from Tennessee the end of the month. We are headed down to visit Tim's family next week. Really looking forward to it.

When I found this house I fell in love from the court. I honestly didn't have to go inside to know this was the house for us and we had been searching for over a year.

We were very fortunate we put our old house up for sale and sold it for full price in 4 days. But it was a gem. I actually miss it sometimes because it was DONE! I basically started all over. lol What was I thinking.....no really I love our new home.

Here are a few pics of the old home I had lingering out there on photobucket.

The living room....

more LR

LR another angle...lol

From outside the LR

It was small but very welcoming and warm....

Here is a pic of the new place, and a bold faced hornets nest that moved in the same time we did! YUCK!

The front door behind Becca and Brandon for homecoming this past fall.

The foyer....

and the honery mr. kringle.....he's not decor but as hard to move as a big piece of furniture sometimes....lol

Cheers,
Lorna

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD

Edited by - cabinmoose on Jul 18 2007 05:51:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  05:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary Ann,

Your home is just what I want "next" but maybe not quite that big. I want a old cottage next. I'm getting ready to do a webpage on my home since we are almost ready to put it on the market.

Our plan is to move to the Nashville, Tennessee area as soon as we can sell this house. That's home and I'm ready to go back

Right now I'm in a Mid Century Modern Brick Ranch (built 1953). It was originally built as a log house and then about 20 years ago the surviving spouse has it bricked.

All of my walls and ceilings are the tongue and groove knotty pine so the home has such a warm and cozy feeling..It is very nurturing environment with all of the energy coming from this vintage wood

Since I have all of the wood I am using Turquoise and Chartreuse in the Kitchen and I have a 1950's metal and formica top dining set that is the really pretty yellow-gold color...I love fantasy art so that is where all of my accent colors are.

My Sunroom that we use as the living room is all plate glass windows, a torazzo (spelling?) tile floor, beige leather recliners....kind of generic because I can't decide what to do...:o) The view is the focal point of this room.

MY Studio has a Alice in Wonderland theme that is ongoing....red, soft teal green, chartreuse, turquoise and some black..I'll have to take pictures of the fabric for you to see all the pretty colors.

My Bathrooms are a mix of fairy colors.

My Bedroom has cream chenille spread, lace net canopy over bed that is cream, celery green with tiny dk red embroidered flowers.

That's about it I guess...

Good Morning Georgann Your home sounds beautiful!!

Drop by anytime for a Latte ~
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  06:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I am sure you are both much more put together than I am...MaryAnn, I love the birdhouse. My house is kinda my own hybrid off farmhouse/retro/whimsey. It sounds strange, but it works. Since I am just now getting around to painting (after almost 3 years) I have no pics, but hope to share some soon.

My kitchen is "crispy lettuce" green with mocha and cream trim, dinning room is a color called "tranquil blue" but looks like blueberry taffy to me. The living room and hall are about to be painted a lively yellow called "grapefruit slice" and trimmed with cream and "crispy lettuce" from the kitchen (I have an open floor plan). The entry and hall alcove will be a tasty orange called "spring squash" trimmed in "grapefruit slice." My girls room is a princess pink (can't remember the exact color) while my youngest son has a bedroom painted "buckskin" trimmed in "otter tail" and my oldest son is painting his room "sulpher green" trimmed with "russian olive." My parents wing is all blue "atmosphere" with beautiful green carpet (we are going to make blue and green curtains to pull it together. I still have not decided a color for my bathroom (it will be either a green or pink shade since I have these great pink rose/folage tiles around the sinks) or my bedroom. Currently, painting is taking up most of my time since we hope to have this all done by the time we move in at the end of the month.

Trina

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  06:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Trina, I want to see that Crispy Lettuce Green Who is it made by?

Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
valspar...email me your address and i'll daub a bit on an index card for you.

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  09:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
It's always fun to see pictures and discover others blogs. I really really need to start one and maintain it.

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  6:24:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm not good at getting pics on this forum, so I uploaded some to a blog:

http://oklahomacountrygirl.blogspot.com/

I will try to take a few more later. This is all I have right at the moment.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:17:50 PM  Show Profile
Your homes all look so cozy and welcoming. I loved them all. Lorna, your daughter is a gorgeous girl. The boy in the picture is so handsome too. Loved your house!

Mary Ann: I love Vermont and wish I could buy your house. You have a wonderful sense of style too. Hope it sells!

Great job on your homes everyone!!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Thank you! She is a good kid, as is Brandon. Today is their one year anniversary and he is on vacation with his family so he sent her flowers. She was sooooooooooooo thrilled. Her first flowers too.....

We leave for vacation in the am! I will miss you girls but will be back Friday at the latest. I understand that my mother in law still does not have internet. I could take my laptop but then I have to reinstall that nasty ole aol software....lol I think we will survive without it for 6 days.

Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:36:47 PM  Show Profile
Not sure how to add individual pics either but having fun uploading on flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wovenheart/

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  10:43:45 AM  Show Profile
OK, girls. I'm ready to move in! Such cozy places you have (except for the hornets)! Thanks for sharing. I love to look at other people's decorating.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  1:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Such pretty pictures! Dona I love the shelves over your doorways...what a great idea!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirls at Home...Share Your Home's Interior Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page