Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Evelyn went to her new home today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Evelyn went to her new home today Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  9:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Libbie came to get little Evelyn the calf today. It was sad to see her go, but since she is 7 weeks old now it was time. It was so good to get to see Libbie (who has a cast on her messed up ankle right now!!) and her adorable boys!! Kate (katiedid) came over too. The men loaded up Evelyn while I milked Mona and I was expecting poor Mona to kick up a fuss and call her baby all day. Instead she laid in the shade, chewed her cud and seemed to enjoy the rest!!!!! She did start calling a little this evening and then was fine again after milking. I imagine without the little gal drinking all day she was more uncomfortable than usual! It went very smoothly and I heard through kate,who talked to Libbie this afternoon that Evelyn is doing fine and was calm too.
I am sure glad she went to a good farmgirl home and I will get to visit her as she grows up.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  10:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Sniff! Sniff! Makes me sad !! But I'm so glad that Libbie has her and she's in a great place.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.therusticcottage.net

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:57:37 PM  Show Profile
I would have been the one crying all day! She is the cutest darn baby.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4284 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4284 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  04:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Weaning time is no fun for either the cows, calves or people. Knowing Evelyn is at a good home, makes it much easier to see her go. Soon it will be time to breed Mona, and start over!! I will dry Summer up the end of the month now and she will calve in Sept. Jenny have you tried making colby cheese yet?? Take Care Michele
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  05:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jenny, I'm sure you were sorry to see that pretty little thing go, a little bit, too. You just get used to things the way they are. I'm glad Mona wasn't too upset about letting her babe go--sounds like she enjoyed the beauty rest!

Glad to know that she is going to a happy home, and you can always visit, right?

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  09:04:25 AM  Show Profile
It's never easy when one of your 'babies' has to leave home.

Libbie, make sure you post pics as Evelyn grows! Jenny, any plans on breeding Mona back?

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  09:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Evelyn knows she is with people who will care for her! That's why she was so calm. :) I know you will miss her though. Such a sweetie!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  10:45:52 AM  Show Profile
I spoke a little too soon..Mona has bawled all morning since about 5am..yikes! she is quiet now, but did have a fit there. She calmly came in to be milked and was quiet and good, just calling for her baby just in case, I guess. Poor thing.
I plan to have her bred back in August. I liked having a May calf this year so I hope for late May again. Even early June would be okay with me. I need to call the AI guy and make sure he has Jersey semen. Last year I had to wait one heat longer than I wanted to breed her since he had to order some. It sure worked out good though and I am glad she calved when she did.
I hope he can use the same sire again..I was sure happy with this breeding!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  11:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny-

I am so sorry that Mona got upset! Poor girl! She is such a sweet cow! I am sure she will adjust quickly. Do you know the name of the bull? Can you specificly request him? Evelyn turned out great!

Maybe in a few years Doug and I can buy a Mini Mona from you! Wouldn't that be great?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  8:49:24 PM  Show Profile
I don't know the name of the bull...but I am hoping the AI guy has it written down. He said he dosn't breed many Jerseys so I am hoping it sticks in his mind and he can use the same one this year!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  9:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- I am sure it is in his purchase records. I hope you are able to get the same bull. The sires can make a big difference as to the disposition of the offspring, and Evelyn looked like such a sweetheart!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Evelyn went to her new home today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page