Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Just not feeling well...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Just not feeling well... Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  8:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today I am just not feeling well. I am not sure what it is, but I have a low level headache, am a bit shakey and my stomache feels a bit sour.

I drank about half a gallon of pure water today and about half of that in sun tea. I wonder if I drank too much? I stayed inside until evening so I didn't get over-heated.

I hope I am just tired!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

Edited by - Alee on Jul 06 2007 9:35:52 PM

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I hope you feel better! I haven't been feeling very well today either. I'm also feeling a sour stomach and have had a headache off and on for a week. I need to get my blood pressure checked out...I'm sure it's still high. I just don't want to take medicine...ugh...but I guess I have no choice!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Goodnight!

my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:02:48 PM  Show Profile
Alee - I wondered where you were today - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'll bet it's heat related.
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Alee...I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Edited by - mom2knk on Jul 06 2007 9:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Just read Rachel's post I had a low grade headache every morning until I got onto blood pressure medication. I still get them occassionally - you're pretty young for high blood pressure Alee, but if it keeps up, wouldn't hurt to get it checked.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:17:59 PM  Show Profile
This is what my acid reflux symptoms feel like, so perhaps it is as simple as having just drunk (drank?) too much tea, especially if it was caffinated.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

I am feeling better. I think I had too much tea or something. I am still tired, but I think that is a side effect of having had the headache all day.

Thanks for being concerned about my blood pressure- Actually I have low blood pressure. Even through my pregnancy I had perfect blood pressure. A few years ago the doctors put me on a medicine to help me mellow out when I was working 2 jobs plus going to school full time- I was having problems with my hands shaking so bad that I couldn't write. Anyway- this medicine also lowers your blood pressure so they told me to eat a high sodium diet and eat a lot of chips or something if I started feeling faint!!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:32:24 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you are feeling better tonight! TAke care of yourself!!!!! I used to drink alot of ice tea years ago when I waitressed in hot weather and I would feel like that so I bet that IS what caused that feeling. I was told one time on one of those days that I couldn't give blood (at a blood drive I went to ) since the iron was too low and they said that drinking alot of ice tea all day could cause THAT too,so if I knew I was going to give blood to eat high iron things like broccoli. Maybe your iron was low? I don't drink it any more...just lots of water...be careful!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:37:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee. Do you need a few days to be sure you are okay? You really don't want to over do in this heat. We could get berries in a few days when it cools off if you like. I want you to take the best care of yourself for dear Nora.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  07:40:37 AM  Show Profile
How are you doing this morning, Alee? Feeling better? This heat can do a number on your well being, so be careful! I came down with a summer cold on Wed. Felt pretty crummy for a couple of days, but am now on the mend. It's so hot & humid here though that I can't do much outside yet because I feel like there's a brick on my chest. I just need a couple more days to be back to myself!

Take care!!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  12:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I bet it was the tea. Too much caffine and all that sloshing around in your tummy can do that you know! Take care, cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  5:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am feeling much better ladies- thank you! I think I am going to go back to just drinking water, no more lemonade or iced tea unless just as a special treat. I was trying to go the "flavored" route so I would drink more- but I think I drank more when it was just regular plain water anyway.

It was good to get out and walk around today. I don't know if this sounds silly- but I think I felt bad yesterday because my body was trying flush some toxins out and the tea wasn't helping.

Maybe my iron was low! I had red meat for dinner and after dinner is when I started feeling better.

I am glad it was just a passing thing and didn't stay.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  04:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Glad you feel better! Our bodies can really talk to us, can't they? Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Just not feeling well... Next Topic