Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  1:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am tired of my house not being cleaned up or organized. It demotivates me and stresses me out. I am not in search of perfection, just a little order in my life. Today I am not going to rest until my house is clean and in decent order!

Wish me luck!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  3:56:20 PM  Show Profile
you and me both sista. i cant stand it so when church time comes this evening i will be shipping the troops out and going for it. i will not rest until i can find things. well atleast until 7 pm i have work tommorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  4:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
:) I know what you mean. We have to eat and rest sometimes don't we? So far I have gotten several loads of laundry done and about 5-6 sinkfuls of dishes done. I know the house was clean when I left for vacation-- What happened?!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:07:50 PM  Show Profile
it self imploded is the technical term, it happened at my house too
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:17:57 PM  Show Profile
ok so now my oven is self imploding, while cleaning i started making dessert and the angel food cake is overflowing AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! now i have to clean the oven too, geez what can i say try to clean and i end up making a bigger mess
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa-

I have been doing laundry all day- so why is there more in the laundry room that when I started?

At least my kitchen counters are clear of dirty dishes and I only have the one load drying now.

Alee

Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:22:21 PM  Show Profile
all I have to say is I give up! I am hog tying the kids my hubby and the dog and going out for tea!

Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile
just kidding the kids are asleep, hubby is at work, and the dog is pacing the house. I am dutifully doing my laundry. I swear laundry can reproduce!
Alee did your house get clean?
Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle

Edited by - threebusybees on Jul 01 2007 6:30:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mandi-

Its a work in progress. I keep finding more laundry hiding in all the weirdest places. I think a laundry bomb went off while I was away in Wyoming! LOL My kitchen actually looks like a place where humans can cook now, though and I can see the floor in my living room! My place wasn't _dirty_, but rather just really really unorganized! It still isn't anywhere near where I want it to be, but I am hoping it will be there soon!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  08:44:34 AM  Show Profile
My MIL has a fridge magnet that says "women with clean houses lead boring lives" I try to cheer myself up my remembering that when I look at the un-done housework. That said, I do get irritated when it reaches "that point" of not-tidy. Balancing act. :) Ever notice how we all have different "tidy points"? And no one in the family agrees?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  10:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
The only thing that drives me crazy is DH dropping stuff and making piles. But, now, I take a laundry basket, gather it all up and put it in the bottom of his closet. I can't run around trying to put his stuff away all the time. Makes life a bit easier!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:30:19 PM  Show Profile
ok well i got some things done but now i have to clean the oven ugggghhhh. oh and alee i told you about the self imploding house instead of exploding everwhere it only explodes inside the house. but i think i very much like the laundry bomb theory, i have one in my hallway and it is getting bigger and bigger and bigger no matter how much i wash. the kids seem to think if you take clothes out and they get on the floor they are dirty and so i redo lots and lots and lots of laundry.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  5:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know what you mean Teresa! I am still working on the house today. The kitchen is clean, my bedroom is pretty clean- at least I was able to vacuum in there! The bed is actually made- I always feel great when I can do that, but my fiance usually works late so by the time he is up- it is almost silly to make the bed.

Today I REALLY want to finish the living room, but it will probably take a few more days. It is really unorganized. I am working on getting the laundry done, but at least I am making progress.

Alee

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  05:21:21 AM  Show Profile
What is it with men and PILES!! My husband collects papers and magazines and puts little piles in several locations. He is self-employed and runs the business from our house, so some is necessary, but little piles drive me crazy. Also, I think he has a primordal need to collect boots and shoes and then leave them all over (under like every table we own!) I have tried baskets (they get filled and then there is runover!) and I got us a nice bench with a seat and storage..that is full and overflowing now too. Oh well, that is my pet peeve. The house generally stays clean (especially when I am home from teaching all summer) but I am always asking him about this pile or that one!

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  09:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Too funny. Gonna stay home today and tidy up. We're expecting house guests. In a week. Will take that long to unclutter. Sigh.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yup, my fiance is the king of piles and filling any flat surface. He wanted to get a table to put by the door- Yeah... I vetoed that idea! I knew it was going to become yet another catch-all. Today we are going to tackle the office, because I pay the same amount of rent as he does and I deserve to have office space too, right? It's not my fault that what was once my office is now Nora's Nursery!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tpying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh ladies! My fiance and I's little disagreement has been having WONDERFUL side effects!

This morning he got up, and made the bed. Then he took a shower and cleaned up the bathroom! He took all the pop cans in the house out to be recycled, and then he cleaned up the office so that I can move my stuff in there too since Nora took my office to be her nursery! AND he even started some laundry (which he hates doing!!) Yup! I am feeling pretty lucky today!

My kitchen is still clean and I am working on getting the laundry under control. My fiance (Doug) even said he was going to help me fold laundry tonight. He has been working really hard today and I appreciate it so much!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tpying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  4:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear about your progress and harmony, Alee. We've done the team house cleaning attack today too. Dusty and Pooped. Hauled lots of things to the thrift store, but came out with canning supplies. Not sure if I decluttered or just traded... :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  5:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Canning supplies are always useful! Even if you did just trade- at least you traded for useful things!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh the saga of piles I could tell. No matter what container I find, or what I try to do for him, the piles just find homes. Dh works at cleaning them up periodically but I swear they mutiply like those metal hangers use to in my closet, or like socks disappearing in the washer. So this may just be life with men and piles!!!!!!

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile
the other saga, how can two people make such messes so quickly. I don't have the excuse of kids, just me and dh. Although grandbabies come down but the rule is they pick up before they leave. Hmmmmm, I don't follow my own rules, I don't always pick up. daahhhhhh

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  09:14:01 AM  Show Profile
Did you read the thread about uses for a lemon? I followed a tip there and used lemon water to mop...oh my goodness! The floors look and smell great! Also threw a few lemon rinds in with a load of wash to soak. Very nice.
Oh, had a bag of lemons and 8 lbs. of strawberries from tending my friend's patch while she's gone, so I made strawberry lemonaide concentrate first. Put those jars to good use right away. Now when she comes back we'll have to sip and chat.
We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Jul 04 2007 09:16:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  3:38:21 PM  Show Profile
yummy homemade strawberry lemonade sounds great today, but that is cause it is soooooooooooo hoooooooot!!!!!

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  5:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
mmmm Michelle! You have the best friends, if they give you 8lbs of Strawberries! Yummy!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  4:05:52 PM  Show Profile
hmmmmm.... the house cleaning has come to a stand still, the heat is just tooooo much and i have no energy cause of it. i think i'm gonna go take an ice cold shower

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  5:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Whats the temp over on the eastside? It's been pretty humid over here for the last few days.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My house will get clean today! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page