Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  5:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am not sure what the temp is here, but I have the air conditioner running in one room and a swamp cooler running in another room! I hear it is supposed to cool off a little bit though.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  5:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have been getting a lot laundry and organizing done today. I am STILL not done yet! LOL I just have to keep stopping to play with Nora! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  8:58:34 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Alee, the most improtant part is stopping and visiting with Nora, it is why you do sme of what you do.
Housecleaning will always be there, Nora will grow up quickly. enjoy every moment.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:26:50 AM  Show Profile
I have no idea how hot it was yesterday. Had to be over 100. Not fun to be working outside, a bit dangerous and calls for precautions.

Yes, Alee I do have the best friends...including you gals!

(I mixed and froze this, but you could can it)
6 c. strawberries, puree
4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
6 c. sugar
Pour into stainless steel pot, heat to 190, stir, don't boil. Remove from heat, skim off foam. Ladle into hot jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace. Place in water bath canner, process 15 min. (adjust for altitude 1,000 - 3,000 add 5 min. 3-6 add 10, 6-8 add 15). From Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. (Love this book, lucky to have at library!) To drink, mix 1:1 concentrate:water.

We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Jul 06 2007 5:30:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  1:07:55 PM  Show Profile
HI y'all... just reading through this thread... Michelle, I'm going to try to find the lemon uses thread, but can you tell me about mopping with the lemon water? I'd love to try it.

Kim in NC, not so hot here as it is out there, but it's pushing 95 with 80 percent humidity...blech
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  5:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Lemon mop water my style (no guarantees). Fill pot with what's left after squeezing lemons for juice. Add water to just cover. Bring to boil, simmer while making lemonaide (forgot to mention, the concentrate dilutes 1:1 with water to drink). Pour into mop bucket, let cool while sweeping. When cool, mop.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, I did not read, sit outside, play with the dogs or sew today so far. I have only cleaned!! Got the downstairs all done (I feel like I do this every week!:) Tomorrow I am going out for lunch with a friend and then will tackle my bedroom. My husband and I seem to be having a contest to see who can pile the most clothes all over the place. Plus, the dresser has junk all over it. It will be nice to really clean that room good! I seem to be more relaxed when everything is all nice.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  2:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know I am more relaxed and feel better about just about everything if my house is clean. I have also noticed that the more stress I have the messier my house gets! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  2:42:02 PM  Show Profile
It really is the best feeling when the house is clean and supper is already cooking (or you're going out to eat instead!) I like to just sit and look at it then and go "AAAAHHHHH!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  12:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well more laundry today and the dishes are piled up again. So I guess I know what I have to do! (Run and Hide!) No...actually I will get my living room under control today I think. (I hope? LOL)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  2:47:53 PM  Show Profile
no hope here the house is atleast 80 and its 109 under our covered porch, so the main job of the day is to stay cool and keep the kiddos happy and cool

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa-

I hope you are staying hydrated. I eat some mild cheese and drink about a quarter of a gallon of water every few hours. We open up the windows at night and then close the windows once the sun comes up. In the morning hours I shut the doors to the rooms on the Eastern side of the house, and once the sun starts going down I open those doors (and windows) up and close the ones on the western side.

Doing that plus fans, one little AC and on little swamp cooler keep our house really cool. Sometimes I even have to wrap Nora in a blanket. *hugs* Oh and don't be afraid to get your tee-shirt wet! That will really cool you off!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
laundry...laundry...laundry...oh yeah... did I mention... laundry?!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  1:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My father-in-law to be is going to be coming tomorrow evening. Ugh. I want to shampoo all the carpets and the cushions on the couch. Sometimes I wonder if I take on too much. :) lol

*update* Nora did not want to nap AT ALL this morning, but finally went down this afternoon- and is still asleep. Doug got home at 4:30 and we have been working on the house together ever since. I am finally getting a handle on the mess in my laundry room. By the way- does anyone else's laundry room become the catch-all for the entire house?

Anyway- He has been doing tons of dishes and has cleaned the bathroom. I have been folding laundry, organizing closets so I can actually put all this clean laundry away, vacuuming and moving the pantry shelf unit from the laundry room to the kitchen/dining room area.

I am taking just a little break right now to drink some icy water an then I will get back to work. The house is looking lots better. I am temped to take pictures once everything is how it is supposed to be! LOL

*Update #2*
Well I finally decided to wake Nora up. Lately since we have been trying to get her to sleep in the crib instead of with us, we have been having to make sure that she is limp-noodle asleep before we put her down. Which means even though I try to have her asleep by 10pm, sometimes it ends up being more like 12.

Doug got 99% of the dished done. I have our bedroom cleaned and the swamp cooler humming along. The nursery is as organized as it's going to get and I have the back rooms vacuumed.

None of the rooms are quite picture worthy yet but they are gettig there!

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jul 14 2007 9:02:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The house got piled up again during Doug's dad's stay with us. We were so busy trying to make sure that he had a good time. So once again I am playing catch up! LOL Last night I got the dished done once little Miss Nora _finally_ consented to going to bed! :p

Once we get the kitchen clean the rest of the house usually follows pretty quickly. Now I need to get my washing machine repaired so it will actually spin out!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  12:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Farm Girls,

May I add : I live alone and one would think my home would be spotless....WRONG!!!!! I am the messy one. I have lots of kids and grandkids in, however, when a few days pass and there is no company...guess who's glass and etc. is not where it should be? If you think that is the only mess....come on over (of course, I will clean til it shines before you arrive.:-))

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  4:20:35 PM  Show Profile
My other half is in Alaska working 3 weeks out of 6 and I make messes while he's gone. One time he said he thought I "slobbed out" while he was gone and I asked where the cameras were hidden! If I can keep it neat while he's home, why do I let things go when he's gone...cause I can, I suppose :)
This does not include "the room", my office/sewing room that's still a work in progress. And always will be most likely.
His mother told me after we married that she felt sorry for who ever married her sons, since she didn't teach them to pick up after themselves. And he didn't! Sometime in the 26 years we were divorced, he learned to clean up his stuff and it sure is nice. He's better than me about wiping out the sink in the bathroom and his dirty clothes go in the hamper. He said my stepdad taught him to take care of his tools; when he's done using one, it is wiped off and put back in it's proper place.
Let's face it, housework is never done. As soon as the laundry is done and kitchen cleaned, something is dirtied to start the process again. I spent last weekend shampooing the carpeting and the little dog promptly ate too fast, walked into the living room and barfed! Such is life.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  9:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Housework will never ever be done, it will always be a work
in progress. All we can do is keep encouraging each other and
being real. Ronna, how funny, he is gone and you let er rip.
I don't have that excuse. Some days it is cleaner than others.
LOL, doesn't it figure you cleaned the carpet and the dog barfs!!
It is like when I mop the floor and then promplty spill my
whole glass of ice tea.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  9:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Right now I have been "slobbing out" in my house. I have no excuse other than life seems to have whacked me upside the head! LOL But at least my front yard looks nice now. I figure if I get one area cleaned/straightened a day then I should have a clean house before too long. :) The cleaner it gets the more motivation it end up having too.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  07:18:55 AM  Show Profile
My goal is to get the house spotless in the next three days. Why? Well, I want a clean house but the main reason is that my MOTHER-IN-LAW is coming for a visit!!! As I wrote in a previous post my mother-in-law is much like the one on "Everybody Loves Raymond" so everything has to be perfect and then she finds the one thing that I forgot to clean (once it was inside the microwave, another time it was the top of the oven vent, another time it was a spot on the table). UGH!!! We always get such short notice so now I have three days to make the house spotless and that is with a sore throat, two kids with terrible colds (ages 3 and 2) and a sick hubby. How fun!! Any tips on how to clean painlessly?! lol
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  3:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I would dread the house being a mess when someone unexpectadly showed up. My husband would get upset with me because of what it did to me. He would always say, "This is my home and I live the way I want to. If you come to judge me and my house I don't need your company. It took me forty years to get the message. Let me tell you, since my husband retired there is not much chance to get completely clean as far as the house is concerned. I find his comfort is more important and life is just too short. Hey they are going to throw dirt over me when I die so I guess I can live with it.
Linda

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  4:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The only thing I can think of is to never touch something twice. Make sure if you pick someting up it get cleaned, put where it is supposed to go (and clean where it is supposed to go too!) That way you aren't just shuffling stuff around. Sometimes it is hard/impossible to only touch just once, but that's the basic idea :)

Alee
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  2:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night I "blitzed" my living room area! It was great! I got all my misc. craft supplies put away in one basket, I cleaned off our dining room/breakfast table and was shocked at how badly the table cloth needed washing. I washed, dusted, polished and vacuumed. And now that my new washer has been delivered, I am going to do laundry and keep polishing my thirsty wood today! yay! I feel so great now that my house is starting to get caught up! I know that if I just get it done I will keep it much nicer. Sometimes you just get so bogged down with the mess that is already there- that you don't see how it is growing and growing behind your back- you know?

Doug and I decided that we want our house to be in ship shape when we leave so when we come home it will be perfect and lovely to relax after our long drive.

Alee
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  1:14:43 PM  Show Profile
my goal in this new house is that as each box is opened and items put away we will determine if we really need the items.. if not it will stay in the box and go to goodwill. I am bound and determined to make this house work for me. I will organize it from the get go. I am also working on a schedule for chores, school and the like for the kids and I.
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My house will get clean today! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page