Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic We're doing it Next Topic  

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well we are going to move to Washington! Not right into/onto a farm as I would wish. We will stay with my single BIL for about a year so DH can work and we can save money for a down on a house. I get to have free reign of decorating the empty house. BIL travels ALOT for work and is only home 2 weeks a month. So he said I have full permision to make this house all of ours.So the plan is just that stay w/ BIL for a year and get a farm!! Or some land we can make our farm!! So I have to consolidate alot of my stuff, fabric, books keepsakes.I have decided to only bring 4 containers of fabric and crafts leave the rest in storage. We will be selling alot of our appliances, entertainment center,california clothing,lol. Books and stuff. Wow last year when we moved into this house I thought I would never leave.I love this house, although 2 growing children now I see it is rather small. I am very excited and just have to get started and decide what I HAVE to have with me and what can be put into storage.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Good for you guys hope it all works out I am sure it will just focus on your dream!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

I am so excited for you! What part of WA are you moving to? Eastern or Western?

No matter where you go, I think you will have a Farmgirl neighbor! It will be lots of fun having you closer! Maybe you will be able to make it to next year's farm fair?

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
We will be in Spokane for atleast a year or a little more. I cant wait to find some farmgirls to talk to!

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck with everything!!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  12:31:14 PM  Show Profile
Lots of farmgirls in the Spokane area - we need a few more over here on the Westside!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

Yay! Hurry and get here! We are all going berry picking soon!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
School starts Sept. 4th so the kids and I will probably be there last week in August!!!

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:47:08 PM  Show Profile
how old are your kiddos and what part of spokane are you going to be in, we live in geiger field on the left side of the airport coming into town from the seattle area. the kids go to windsor elementary and its a good school
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, I hope you find your farm. I know you are so happy. It's the first step toward your dream. If we didn't have our dreams, we wouldn't have anything at all.
Laura
www.homesteadblogger.com/twolmzfarms
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Laura you have no idea how much that rings true for me right now. Teresa we will be in central spokane I guess its the older part. the kids are 8 and 6.My BIL said the Shadel area has good schools but Ilooked at the districts site and it isnt where we will be. I know we will be on the left side of that huge river :)coming in from the freeway. I hope maybe someone will be able to show me around, BIL works all the time, so our time with him will be limited..

Mommy to 2

Edited by - Firemama on Jun 28 2007 2:12:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:29:50 PM  Show Profile
yeah you can give me a ring anytime to show you around, i can give you one very good piece of advice make sure your going the right way on the one ways and watch out for all of the one ways. my kids are 5 and 7 (girls)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:37:26 PM  Show Profile
How fun that you will have farmgirl neighbors right away!!! Washington sounds so nice!! I am excited for you!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Amanda

Welcome to Washington!! I made the move several years ago and love this state. I live on the other side of the mountains. I am originally from Calif. The thing you must have in this state in my opinion is Polar fleece. Especially socks, send me your shoe size and I will send you a pair. I didn't own socks in California. You will love Washington.
Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  3:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Welcome to Washington and to Spokane. DD is a great person to show you around. katmom will be moving here in July. I am excited for you. Your california clothes would definitly be a little cold for the winter but summertime here gets warm so don't get rid of them all!!!!
Whoooo hooooo we are so excited for you.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  4:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! We really are getting a good concentration of farmgirls up in the Spokane area aren't we? I guess I hadn't really ever thought about it before! :D I am glad Moscow is only a short drive away!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  8:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Congrats!!! Good luck with the new home. I have family up in WA, it rains to much for me!!!! have fun and keep us posted. Kristy
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  9:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Good luck with your move and I hope you find your own farm real soon!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  9:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Firemama,,,
Way Kool!!!!!!!!! I am moving up to Medical Lake/Spokane mid July, so let me know when you get up there to Spokane,,,,it will give me a reason to have another tea party.....
I am planning to have one in August, whether my house is ready of not,,,,we may have to use the packing boxes for tables, but what the heck, I am sure they will look great with my table linens on them,,,assuming I can even find my table linens!!!!!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  11:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Aww Grace I cant wait to have a tea party. My BIL travels to Medical Lake for his job and everywhere else up there, he says its pretty. Kristy come hell or high water we will meet before I leave!!lol

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  04:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Amanda - Congratulations! I love WA it is one of my favorite places. I am fortunante enough to visit often through my busness travels. You are a luck girl....

there is a seed to plant in every heart
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic We're doing it Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page