True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  10:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dishes? Laundry? Books?

What is the never ending pile in your house?

We have the never ending pile of both dishes and laundry. I hate to say it, but my fiance never ever reuses his drinking glasses and he goes through several place setting a day. And with a baby in the house- we do end up doing our fair share of laundry.

I have been gone on vacation and now I have unpacking stuff all over the living room. I really need to just get up and do it- but napping sounds like such a better plan! LOL

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Laundry and then stuff somehow just gets left out ...ehem...DH is responsible for this. My answer to this is once a week I scoop up whatever is laying around of his and put it in a laundry basket by his closet. It does seem to help!!!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  11:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Laundry, dishes, paper, shoes and socks.

A hint for dishes- when the kids were younger (7 in our family including parents) I would have 7 cups, 7 plates, 7 bowls, etc. People were forced to wash something to use it again.

Maybe I need to do that with socks, shoes, dishes and bath towels again. =)

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:17:26 PM  Show Profile
laundry for sure....with the 6 of us we seem to make enough dirty clothes for an army! My husband made a nice wood sorting thing for me last fall..it has three sections for whites, darks and colors and helps keep the dirty laundry organized, but seems I never get to the bottom of it.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:34:14 PM  Show Profile
All of the above plus the mess in the craft room. I HATE cleaning. The only thing I like to clean is my pool but that is fun and doesn't really feel like work!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  2:44:57 PM  Show Profile
laundry because while I enjoy washing it, hanging it out and taking it in and folding it...I HATE to put laundry away for some reason.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Homepage:
http://gaiasrose.etsy.com
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
Birth is safe, interference is risky; TRUST BIRTH
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  3:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tasha- That cracks me up because I am the same way!! Why don't we like putting laundry away? It really is rather easy, isn't it? Must be one of our weird quirks...

Alee

Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Alee and Tasha, I thought I was weird about that, guess I'm not alone.
Love to hang out clothes and even fold them and iron things, but the hung items are still hanging the doorway and the folding clothes are either on the table or in the basket on the floor, just have a tough time finishing the last step.
Go figure...
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  7:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Uhm... Please don't ask me what my living room looks like right now :) The last step of unpacking should be putting things away...right?? *blush*

Alee

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  8:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Fabric to be cut out!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile
lol okay okay enough about the laundry not getting put away, my folded clothes are end up sitting on my bed and it is less then 3ft from my dresser and they still dont get put away or last time with the kids clothes i got them folded put in a basket and the basket on one of there beds(and still they sit there waiting to be put away and the kids have dug in the basket so they are no longer folded) okay so you have my full permission to laugh your arss off
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  9:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL!! At least yours makes it out of the laundry room! Half the time my fiance is digging through the clean laundry before I even have a chance to fold it! And unfortunatly the habit has rubbed off on me. Now...my mom would say that I never did put my clothes away to begin with...don't listen to her! LOL... okay so I am still trying to develope good habits. But does it count if I say my soul really really desires order and neatness?

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  10:02:24 PM  Show Profile
yeah cause my soul does too! ok so here is a truth that ya dont know my hallway is the laundry room and since i have a dirty pile there(well make that a mountain) i cant put leave the clean ones in a basket so we sometimes dig thru the drier. just thought i would add to my rotflmao situation. BUT I REALLY DO CRAVE ORDER AND CLEANLINESS
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  08:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
lol!! I am just lucky that I have a true laundry room! I can shut the door on the mess!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Dog hair is what is never ending in my house I could sweep everyday and I would still hair a house full of dog hair...now that I am showing the house I have just given up...I am sure I will never be able to sell to someone who doesn't love animals.

Alee Dishes use to be a huge problem when my children were young especially when I lived in a house without a dishwasher...which is what I will be moving into if I sell this one!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryAnn-

What type of dog (dogs) do you own? I used to clean houses for a living so I might be able to give you some tips!

You can take your dog (dogs) down to get Furminated at any groomer. It is a special wash and brush that helps the hair folicles release if they are close to shedding. So after a good wash and brush, the shedding for the next couple of weeks should be taken care of.

Also, you can vacuum your dogs. We train all of our dogs to accept this because it helps so much with shedding as well.

A rubber brush really helps get hair off upholstery and clothing. The rubber bristles just roll it into little logs :)

A light spritzing of fabric softener on couches, carpets and such will help the dog hair be vacuumed up and not stick so bad the next time. I dilute the fabric softener- you don't want grease spots.

Also, I know as much as us pet owners try not to have an odor in our house- there usually is one to people who don't have pets. So the fabric softener helps with this, but I would recommend a rug shampoo.

I hope that helps!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  08:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I would like to see you CATCH my dogs to vacuum them As soon as I get that "monster" out, they run like crazy, but not before my pit-mix has a chance to "bite it" and RUN!!!

In our house, it's laundry, both prior to washing and after. It's actually difficult to believe that only two people live there, but with 4 dogs and three cats, rugs,dog beds, and mud towels are washed ALOT. Also, my husband will actually change clothes 2,3 times a day. I'm not sure why. And, he typically won't wear an item more than once, unless he's worn it 5 days in a row and we're going some place special (in which case he will insist on wearing said dirty item). Our issue is space--we really have more clothing than we have drawers. That comes from a thrifting habit--but also, we're in the midst of renovation, and don't have all our furniture available, so the CLEAN clothes sit in a basket, and then hubby throws dirty stuff on top, so you end up washing the same stuff again.

Wow. I just made myself really frustrated

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  10:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- My dog Seanee was like your dogs, my dad finally got her trained to be vacuumed. He had to start by having the vacuum in another room and just rubbing her with the hose (unattached) and then worked his way up to actually turning the vacuum on in the other room, attaching the hose to said vacuum, then vacuuming her, and now she doesn't mind if the vacuum is on in the room. But unless you give her the "Sit" "Stay" command, she books it for outside! LOL

Alee

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  05:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
KYgurlsrbest - you sound like us!

Laundry, Dishes, Magazines and Dog hair. Those are my never-ending piles. I moved my business out of the home temporarily (we're still living in 400 sq ft, and still remodeling the house, for those who remember me) and so I get up early, go to the office, come home to handle dishes and a few loads of laundry, sweep up a gag-me-huge pile of dog hair every day...

The laundry and dishes are worse than usual - we have my younger brother here for the summer to help with the house and to fill in as my intern from time to time. He never has learned how to stack the clean dishes while washing so on the rare occasions he even tries to be a help around here, he only does a couple of pots and runs out of counter space, and then I have to go and do the rest later. And laundry? He hasn't touched it. haha.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Ditto - dog hair and laundry. Is there anyone out there who doesn't have a problem with laundry one way or another!! Alee, great ideas for the dog hair problem. Will give it a try. We just got back from DH's mother's funeral. Went through her stuff and brought back piles of dresser scarves and aprons and dish towels, etc. that needed to be washed on top of our regular laundry from being gone so long. Now I have a huge stack to iron. We're just getting caught up from being gone to Minneapolis from that and now have to pack up again to go back for my son's wedding this next weekend. Will it every end!!!!! Seems like it takes forever to get caught up on the laundry when you've been gone on vacation, etc. But we do muster through.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes! Isn't it weird how travelling always throws a wrench into the works? I still don't feel caught up from my vacation laundry! LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  1:00:48 PM  Show Profile
In my house, it's a never ending pile of laundry, specifically shirts to be ironed. I love DH dearly, but he goes through so many shirts!
And magazines...that's one of my weaknesses.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Boxes in storage. I know, technically that's not in my house, but I'm determined to get them all out so I don't have that storage fee every month. I'm thinking of putting them all in the living room where they'll be right in the way & I'll be more motivated to sort through them. If I put them in an out of the way place (not that I have many in our cozy house), I'll just put them out of my mind and never empty them!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  2:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Patti- Have you ever tried the "If we haven't used it in 2 years- we are getting rid of it" philosophy? I really helped us clear out some clutter and we really haven't regretted it!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:41:10 PM  Show Profile
okay so i got 3 loads of laundry done folded 2 and was determined to put them away and you can guess what happened it didnt happen.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Ha!!! Major feat! I FINALLY got my husband to use the H A M P E R. For the the whole 6 years of our marriage, he's used the living room chair, or a stack of magazines on his side of the bed to discard his clothing (????).

When I went through my organization phase a few days ago, I told him that if I saw anymore "laundry, clean or dirty" anywhere other than this optic white hamper in our bedroom, I'd burn it. I meant it, too, and apparently, he sensed that

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Never ending pile of.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page