True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! Oh my gosh! That is great!

I think I finally have a handle on this laundry situation. I spent yesterday washing, drying, and folding clothes. Right now I have a load in the wash, in the dryer, and about 2 loads worth on the floor ready to be tossed in. I do have two baskets that need a quick fold- but for our house- that is bordering on a miracle that we don't have more!

What is even better is that there is NO LAUNDRY any where in the house but in the laundry room! No clothes in the bathroom, bedroom, or office! I am very happy. I think I will be able to get the rest done tonight (Cross my fingers!!)

I actually really like to do laundry- but I think the heat has been turning me off lately. I am going to move our pantry shelf into the kitchen/dining room area so that I can get my drying rack out from behind the door. I think that if I have it more accessible I will use it more- What do you ladies think?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, Alee. I actually love doing laundry--just not the same clothes I washed yesterday!
That's what my organization phase was about--picking up clothing from where it doesn't belong. Not in the bathroom, not in the living room, not in the backroom. In the hamper or in the laundry room. Duh! It feels really liberating, right? And, once it's picked up, it's easier to keep it picked up.
I use my drying rack often--more in the winter for sweaters, but I think if you didn't have to climb over stuff to get it, you'd be more inclined to use it, and that will certainly cut down on the heat!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
lets hope so!! I am sick of having to use my dryer all the time!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:14:22 PM  Show Profile
dryer whats that??? its much to hot to have one of those or to even think of it. i was going to run a laundry line outside but didnt get to it before it got to hot so now i have to wait till this evening

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I wish I had a laundry line outside. But I don't... It's hard living in an apartment because sometimes you just can't justify buying the things you really want and know you will use because someday (hopefully in the next couple of years) you will be leaving. So until then I just need to remember to use my drying rack! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Never ending pile of.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page