Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Need ideas for toddler's lunch...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Need ideas for toddler's lunch... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  11:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am putting DS into daycare and I need to bring a cold lunch for him everyday. He will be 17 months when he starts, so I need so idea help.

So far:

yogurt
grilled cheese, cut up
cheerios
jello
fish crackers
string cheese
cooked vegetables, cut up

Help!! I need more ideas!!

Thanks,

Cheers,
Heather

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
have you checked out www.hillbillyhousewife.com ? She has a whole section about packed lunches.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Alee!!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:05:17 PM  Show Profile
My Kids Always liked bagels & cream cheese.. not toasted.. just the bagel with the cream cheese spred over it.. same thing with regular bread too though.. cream cheese sandwiches.. they also liked it on celery.. although i don't think i'd send the celery to day care.. as they tend to choke a bit sometimes on that.. so i wouldn't want to worry that they'd do that out of MY sight.. But.. on apples too.. cream cheese or peanut butter.. yes.. my fluffy little kids REALLY liked their Cream cheese! fruit.. like banana of course is pretty easy to send.. the cheerios are a great idea.. raisins..
You know how he is at home with small foods.. so you know what to avoid.. or what he does well with..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:47:44 PM  Show Profile
I always liked cream cheese and Jelly sandwiches. I never was a big fan of peanutbutter.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:51:09 PM  Show Profile
raisins or other dry fruit
granola bars or small bag of homemade granola
cheese chunks
celery with peanut butter
apple wedges

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile
When I taught Head Start and we went on field trips, cheese sticks wrapped in lean ham or turkey were a big hit with the kids.
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:52:33 PM  Show Profile
If you have a dehydrator (it's the only way I know how to make it) then you could make homemade fruit leather. My little seems to like it, alot.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  9:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Ayako... I used to think the same thing, but while fruit leather seems to be a healthy treat... I say beware from personal experience with one my own children. I used to get those all the time, (didnt have my own dehydrator). Well when my dd was about 4 we ended up having to get caps put on 4 of her teeth. The dentist told us tooth wise... a candy bar was better for her than the fruit leather. Unless you are going to floss their teeth every time they have that or something like raisins. The fruit stays there & the sugar in the fruit rots their teeth from in between, even with good brushing. That is my experience, including a 22 hour drive with her crying in pain, a speeding ticket for my DH trying to hurry home. I would never have thought something healthy would do that. Believe me, I do not want someone to have to go through the same thing!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Need ideas for toddler's lunch... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page