Page: of 2

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Yup, I agree, three yards is always a nice amount to start with :^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  12:47:23 AM  Show Profile
I'M HOME!! I'm a fabricaholic too!! If I can find it in the 1.00-2.00 range I buy anywhere from 1-10 yds. It's getting a lot harder to find fabric for those prices though, at least around here. I do buy the remnant pieces too if they appeal to me. I don't have to have a project in mind when I get fabric. It's my "pick me up" to go buy fabric. Times when I've been depressed, I go walk around the fabric and buy what I like, it gets my creative juices flowing and makes me feel better, and it's cheaper than a "shrink".

You girls have made me feel so good reading this thread. It's nice to know I'm not alone and I'm not strange for buying so much fabric and not using it all.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  03:48:14 AM  Show Profile
First the clearance isles, lol. Then on the Pinks and then others. Also love to browse in the ribbon/lace department and I buy what I like. Sometimes it is a yard sometimes it is way more, lol

I am addicted too, so have quite a stash PTL! Lately I have NOT been anywhere near the fabric store, hope to be able to go sometime in the next month;

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile
We could never start a fabric-aholics anonymous as we all are so willing to tell who we are and we are not ashamed of our stashing........gosh, I can't even remember when the addiction started for me. I'm with you dutchy browsing the ribbon and lace. Usually I don't have projects in mind I just like the fabric is all.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltingfarmergirl
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Barbara
Cato NY
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  6:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Count me in on the FAA (fabric-aholics anonymous!) I have a little quilt shop a few miles from here run by the Mennonites that is a regular Saturday morning stop for me. It is like a step back in time..one side is the qult shop, the other side is bulk foods and canned jars of jam and preserves, etc. Such a fun place to go to fondle fabrics and depending on my mood, may buy just a few fat quarters up to several yards. I do not have to have a specific project in mind, if I like it I buy it, knowing that it will be put to good use eventually.
Cindy, you are not strange...or if we are, we are in good company!

Barb
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Barbara,
We live an hour or so away from Lancaster, Pa. and I love going over to the fabric shops there. Not the ones in the tourist section as they are high priced but the ones around where the locals shop are real nice and have a large selection. My hubby used to take me there on our anniversary but he hasn't seen to many projects being made so we don't seem to go as often. Not sure if that is the reason or not. ;)

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:57:27 PM  Show Profile
ME TOO!!!! Never enough fabric.....I buy whatever suits my fancy, but, always thinking enough for a project....and naot always just what I like, cause everyone has different tastes....

Farmgirl Sister #368
"It is most common for man to value most what has least worth."
My Farm and Garden blog....
http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  2:33:35 PM  Show Profile
I love fabric too but I am a garment maker not necessarily a quilter (although I've done a few to use up my odds and ends). I never buy less than three yards (in the old days that was considered a blouse length) - depending on the width, 4 yds for pants or long skirt. 5 yards for a mid calf or long dress or nightgown or pj's (known as a dress length). Not too much cool fabric here for garments - mostly quilting anymore so I do buy on line. Honestly, I don't think I have ever bought anything on line that I was disappointed in or regretted. You just have to know your fabric types and fiber content. All my drawers (and shelves) and boxes and bags runneth over!!

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  5:29:41 PM  Show Profile
lol..Sheri! I know what you mean. Mine runs over into the whole room. I use most of mine for garment making too. Lots of places to choose from online and I have not been disappointed either, so far.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic amounts of material Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page