Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic So excited! Next Topic  

annegirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Stacey
Texas
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  11:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Send annegirl a Yahoo! Message
I went out today and bought all the ingredients to start my homemade cleaners and detergents! I'm so excited. I've always talked about doing it, but just never bit the bullet! I always thought it would be too difficult and just one more thing for me to do...

Obviously I have a time management issue going on here, but I think i'm going to get it all under control! Thanks for all the advice and recipes!

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  12:07:10 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! It's so exciting when we finally do what we want in our lives. Will you be selling them on Etsy or another way?

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annegirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Stacey
Texas
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  12:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Send annegirl a Yahoo! Message
on no...i'll just make them for myself and family or friends. I've already got my jewelry business going and i'm going to add a bunch of other items once i get them photographed ;) www.annegirldesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile
I am considering adding homemade laundry soap to my etsy sometime soon. I love making it!
Congrats on getting started Stacey...you will love it!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  1:19:43 PM  Show Profile
I love making the homemade cleaning items also. Makes me feel so.........self-sufficient and clean!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  2:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The homemade cleaners are great, aren't they? I love making mine, and they do a fabulous job! I always feel better about my home when I am using those instead of the store boughten stuff.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:55:13 PM  Show Profile
I am so inspired with all the "home-made" solutions to every day life's cleaning, etc that I've learned from all of you. Made first batch of laundry detergent on Sunday, but want to use up what I have of the store bought brand (won't be too long now & it is eco-friend stuff). Can't believe how cheap it is to make - my DH couldn't believe it either. And it makes so much! I'm so anxious to try the dishwasher solution, carpet cleaner and regular dishwashing soap. It really makes me feel impowered making and using all natural products that I've made myself. I have store bought stuff that I want to get ride of now and not even use them. Only problem I had was finding the Washing Soda - no store in my area had it or even heard of it, so had to go online to get it - price was really great too, shipping cost more than the product. Thanks to all of you for all the "recipes" for making home-made stuff. I love it!

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My sister had the same problem, but ended up finding the Washing Soda in another town. If you have a nice grocery store in the area, they might order it in for you. But one box lasts a long time.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:44:24 PM  Show Profile
Only place I could find the washing soda was Fred Meyer and I think that's just a northwest chain.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  04:35:31 AM  Show Profile
That is my problem right now, can't find washing soda. I hate to have to order it cause of the shipping. I am thinking of making that, and cleanser and such for Christmas gifts. I want to find interesting containers for them too. Michele
Go to Top of Page

annegirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Stacey
Texas
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  04:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Send annegirl a Yahoo! Message
i found most(zote, borax, etc) of the products i needed at wal-mart...the rest i found at sprout's which is the closest whole foods type store around here. there i was able to get some bonner's and all the oils and extracts i needed.

Stacey
www.samichals.typepad.com/sweet_nothings
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  8:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, if you want a site to find the Washing Soda, can give you the name of it when I find my receipt (not right here next to the computer). So will let you know later, ok?

Annie
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  09:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a recipe for dishsoap? I am also having a hard time finding washing soda. I'm gonna have to hit the bigger cities around to see if the have it. Wal-mart does not sell it.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Erin-

Have you checked the laundry aisle in your grocery store? Usually it is there. It is in a yellow box.

For liquid dish soap I have used my own homemade soap mixed with water until it was in the gel form.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tpying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  1:48:58 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I tried our grocery store without any luck. I'll have to see if they can get it in for me.And I'll have to shop around here to see if anyone sells homemade soap. I haven't the time to try and make it myself. Though it sounds like a lot of fun!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  2:19:28 PM  Show Profile
The website that I finally found the washing soda is at Soapsgonebuy.com. I called all the stores in the area that I thought might have it and none did - not the greatest shopping area where I live. But found it on this site - ordered it on a Tuesday night and got it in the mail Saturday. To me it will be worth the shipping costs to be able to get more of it.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic So excited! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page