Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Pics of the new house... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
It's not a farm, but it will be a farm at heart. Actually, when I saw it, I thought cottage/beachy/farmy...please give me some ideas as I am all new to this. We are the only one's with the blue color in our neighborhood...which happens to be one of my favorite colors so I think it was meant to be!!
Enjoy!!

Cheers,
Heather

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:52:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm lovin' it already. Really nice Heather. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Heather--it is beautiful! I love the arches. Can't wait to see pics when you are all moved in!
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Very Cozy , isn't it?
i think it has a really warm feeling to it..

& you should be very happy here Sweetie.. Corner lot too!!
Extra bonus.. more to watch from your windows!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  1:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I Love it!

Your yard would look wonderful with lots of flower beds and a big old garden in the back! I like that the previous owners put in a privacy fence. Those are expensive and with children it can be nice to have such large fences. We had one at the house that I grew up at and I loved playing in the backyard. I could play and pretend whatever I wanted and no one looked at me strange and I didn't bother anyone by running around non-stop! LOL

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Heather!!! You have lots of room for your tomatoes!!!!! Congratulations! We are all very happy for you!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  2:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Very homey! Are the cows out behind your house?
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  2:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
They are behind our house, across the road and they are one the other main entrance road...within walking and petting distance!! They are so cute!!!

It is a "cookie" cutter neighborhood, but seems quite and friendly and peaceful and of course, I am in Texas, so I am happy!!! I have been looking up what I can grow as far as vegetables and flowers. I want it to look like a little cottage. I have been looking online for ideas. I am thinking of adding a free form garden to the front, in the crook on the porch so it has so appeal and privacy. Maybe some decorative grasses, I like the blues, greys, purples, whites. etc....They are going to be sodding and planting a few trees when we move in so we can water them. Hopefully, I will be able to encourage the placement. I was thinking of putting in a vegetable garden on one side with walking stones to the back and various flowers. I love the look of cottage gardens that are overflowing with flowers and vegetables. I also would like to encourage bees, birds and yes, even the snakes...ick!!! I want everything to look like it has been there. I was thinking of adding an arbor frame to the left side fence and start some sort of vine. I have a great oppurtunity for most plants because they like to be put in in the fall. Any ideas, suggestions, websites, would be helpful!!

Inside, easy, beachy/farmy/cottage is my theme. I have a lot of white furniture with pine. I like to keep it simple. I can't paint until we sign the lease to own, but I can decorate. I want to get a daybed for the 3rd bedroom, for guests and when DH snores a lot!! I saw a cute idea in a cottage magazine. With a kid and a dog and DH, white actually works as I can just bleach everything. I am also secretly installing a rectractable clothesline. I am trying to save money and the dryer sucks out $$$.

Cheers,

Heather

Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile
That house is very cute! How exciting for you! And you're right, it's a farm at heart! I live in a rented house in a subdivision but my house still has a farm spirit because I live here! :) Congrats to you!

[size=1]my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:48:12 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you found the perfect place. I like that its on a corner and it is nice and bright. I think when you landscape with your ideas it will really come to life. Hope to see after photos!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:22:03 PM  Show Profile
its beautiful. i say go eclectic, do what ever makes you feel at home who said it has to be any style. make it completley you, make sure everything you put into it is something you really love and just cant get along without. you will now these pieces when you come across them.
bless you and have fun with your new house
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:55:20 PM  Show Profile
I love the arches. Makes it unique. Have a ball decorating it.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:37:49 AM  Show Profile
I really like it! It has cottage potential, the arches inside gives it a lot of character. I like your ideas for the gardens...the overflowing of flowers and plants is a look I like, also. My advice is to really take your time in buying or decorating. I know that won't be easy...but when I first moved into my home, I had a couple of things done that now I wish I had done differently. Let the house speak to you. lol! You will have a lot of fun and your excitement is wonderful! Good luck and post your progress, when you can.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  07:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful color! Love the arches. It has such a ton of potential. You're going to have a ball decorating! Enjoy!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  07:43:13 AM  Show Profile
That house is adorable! Go out and get yourself "Cottage Living" magazine for some inspiration, if you haven't already shot your wad at the Pottery Barn Outlet

You house has lots of light, and that's SO vital to me! I actually knocked down a wall in my little cottage to achieve light like that. What a sweet place!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Pics of the new house... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page