happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  7:30:10 PM  Show Profile
We've gotten quite a bit done in the past 2 or so months. At this point, all 3 bedrooms, the living room, and dining room are finished except for trim work and ceilings. The kitchen needs flooring, ceiling, and trim. The downstairs bathroom needs the walls, flooring, & ceiling; the upstairs bathroom has just the toilet, so there's lots to be done there. It's so wonderful to have flooring down!!

As far as non-house stuff goes, we bought a Great Pyranees puppy 2 months ago and absolutely love him; our cat had 5 kittens that are adorable and so entertaining; the chickens continue to lay steadily; and 2 days ago a friend from church gave us 4 day-old Guinea chicks, which we have in a metal tub downstairs. They're so cute and I love the constant "peeping" they make.

The dirt work is finished except for smoothing and then sowing seed. Flower gardens will have to wait until next year.

We've come a long way since we moved in at the end of November, especially since it's really just the 2 of us doing everything, and my input is limited. Dh has worked so hard!!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  8:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Patti-

Your progress sounds great! The food garden is going to br do great for you, and all of your critters sound like tons of fun! I can't believe you only started that all in November! Congrats to you and your husband!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  06:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Patti-you certainly have gotten a lot done. I love reading your updates. Sounds like everything is coming along well.
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  2:11:18 PM  Show Profile
Patti, you are one busy gal! How blessed you are to have a hard working DH! I have one to. Happy for you! Take some pictures of your progress to share!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Patti sounds wonderful yes do post photos. You have come a long way!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:56:22 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see pictures!
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  06:27:23 AM  Show Profile
Good for you, Patti! Progress is so wonderful, and you've certainly gotten a lot done. Hard working husbands are so precious. Wow, puppy, kittens and baby guineas sound like a LOT of work! Whew! Not to mention the chickens and garden.

XO,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Patti,
I am so happy for you!! Your farm sounds well on its way!! I could just jump for joy! Happy happy hugz to you and can't wait to hear more!! You have come so far its wonderful!! I will be wishing for a smooth and speedy finish with you and your DH in tact!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  07:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations to you both, Patti! I wish there was an icon for: "I'm sending you a standing ovation! APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!". I hope you are keeping a record of all your accomplishments(take pics, keep a journal). And keep us all posted.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic House update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page