Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 "Wool Recycling" - Ideas, Pictures & Patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "Wool Recycling" - Ideas, Pictures & Patterns Next Topic
Page: of 5

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  11:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn,

So glad you added some photos Does the heart pull over a candlestick? I love hearts Hope to see more of your wool creations!

...til next time - queenofdreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/artfulapronswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  2:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Stephanie
Yes- it does pull over a candlestick. I have made several and just love them. As you know we only have 1-2 days that a person would even consider wearing something wool so it is scarce. The good part of that is that my crafting is a bit different,too.
Not many gals around here even want to work with wool.
I just love it-
I even have penny rugs with summer themes on them. Guess I shoulda been up north somewhere.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Autumn,

I know what you mean. I lived down in Mobile, Alabama for about 7 years so I know how it is trying to find wool to recycle. Now that I'm in the northern part of the state it is easier but still not as plentiful as I'd like

A few days ago I was in the Salvation Army and thought I had found a full sized pale pink wool blanket! NOT!! It felt and looked just like wool but it was just cheap acrylic

I'd like to see pictures of your summer themed penny rugs

Talk to ya soon, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:49:48 PM  Show Profile
I'll try to get a pic uploaded tonight.
I have given some away but I know I have one right here close by-
Ill try to take a shot of several after I recoup from watering the wilting flowers outside.
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  7:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie
Here are the pics I promised.
Table Mat
Wall Quilt
Throw pillow

I really enjoyed working on all these! I enjoy looking back at them too.Hope you enjoy as well! Autumn

Edited by - DeepsouthMamma on Aug 06 2007 7:07:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  8:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh,they are all so pretty but I love that wall quilt..so many different motifs! Thanks for sharing them. I hope with the end of summer near that more ladies will be doing stuff with the wool.

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  8:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
nice pics, autumn,
enjoyed seeing your woolcrafts.
i just have old pics, but have a new camera so hope to post some new projects soon:

i have never done garments, hats, booties, mittens etc, but i would like to try them and have soom felted wool ready to start.
any advice?

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)

Edited by - frannie on Aug 06 2007 8:35:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  9:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Your critters are so adorable! Are these made from recycled wool or did you needlefelt them? You are so talented. Everything I've ever seen of yours is so unique with such an elegant flair!!
Your silk pinkeepers at your blog are just beautiful...been meaning to tell you that

...til next time - queenofdreamsz

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  02:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much.
these little critters are just felted wool, you know like the sweaters you felt in the washing machine.
i have tried needle felting, and i like it but i dont do it much cause the grandkids are too fascinated with the tools, and they dont seem as fascinated when i am sewing. sunshine calls these critters stuffies so now i call them stuffies.
she is selling them for me on her vintage threads sight along with the pin cushions.

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  06:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie
These are adorable!!! I have that exact printed wool that the horse is made from!! What a fantastic idea!
A local gift shop wants me to make some wool ornaments but I'm not sure it will be worth my while. What do you think? She probably wants to buy them for around $3 from me and will sell them(just a guess) for aroung $7-8 each. She wants them simple and kinda primitive but stuffed.

I dont make any kinds of clothing pieces. I just dont enjoy it. I'm waiting to see if Stephanie has some good advice. Maybe I need to try something simple.
I just get frustrated when something has to fit. I can't seem to be that precise- thus my style of needlework is primitive and rustic. :)

I would like to try my hand at needle-felting and also tatting. Have you girls seen the tatting in The Stitching Room?
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

lasagefemme
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Lisa
eastern Washington
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see lasagefemme's MSN Messenger address
Sorry guys!!! I'm back. I gave Stephanie the wool guy's information in an email. But I will give it here, in case anyone else would like it. His name is Paul Dunster. You can get ahold of him at pldunster@centurytel.net I believe I gave the price for wool in the last post, but its $3.35 a pound for white/cream wool and $2.35 a pound for the colored. Paul and his wife are on vacation in Michigan right now, so he might not get back to you right away.

I'll post some of my recycled wool stuff. These are stuffed with Paul's wool. I'm also a beginning needle-felter and LOVE that. Here's a "Strega Nona" doll for a little friend of ours who turned three last week. Strega Nona is based on the Tomie dePaola books:
Dontcha love her apron?!! :)
A Waldorf "selkie"......folkloric sea creature from the shores off Ireland and Scotland. Her hair is individually felted-in locks of soft, soft Romney. Stuffed with reclaimed wool.

A Celtic Waldorf lad for a client....his kilt and tam were felted sweaters.

...some of the latest :) I just love making dolls and toys from wool!!!

Lisa

*Drink RAW milk*
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
lisa,
these are tooooo adorable, if i "drink raw milk" will i be able to design some cuties like these?
send more pics!

love
fran

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  02:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, What adorable dolls! Can't wait to get some of that shredded wool..

I loved the idea of stuffing a matress with it

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  11:16:28 AM  Show Profile
I was in the thrift store yesterday and while being blindsided by two chenille bedspreads a lady snagged two wool blankets!!! I could have laid down in the floor and thrown a fit...LOL

One of them was a beautiful pale pink and the other one was a pale pink with a brighter pink stripe in it..I did ask her to use her "eagle eye" and find me one...she laughed and did look for me but there weren't any other than the two she had found..

We had a great conversation about our personal vintage addictions...oops..Collections..yes, that's right!! Anyway, didn't find me any wool beauties but met a wonderful person during the search.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  5:51:22 PM  Show Profile
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/windypines_farm/?action=view¤t=IMG_0877.jpg

been trying to figure this out again, and I just can't get the picture to show up on my reply. Duhhhhhh

But here it is on photobucket. My recycled wool projects from yesterday. A small purse, and 2 cell phone holders/ipod.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  5:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow Michele, the purse and cell phone holders are adorable! I love the pattern & colors you used. Lisa's dolls are darling and Frannie animals are super cute! My 4 year old son would love them! What a creative group of farmgirl artists you all are!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  05:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Dawn, they were fun to create too.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michele,

I'm pasting in your photo from photobucket..hope that is ok ..It's the "IMG code-forums & bulletin boards" that you click on to do a "copy" and then you "paste" to your message...

I love the Cell Phone holders!!

Stephanie

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Sep 17 2007 12:34:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:55:47 PM  Show Profile
I love those!! Did you guys take a peek at my wool crow pillow? Not as cute as your stuff, but I'm trying! jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://web.mac.com/thomja/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  5:25:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jo,

Can't find your Crow pillow...

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by jo Thompson

I love those!! Did you guys take a peek at my wool crow pillow? Not as cute as your stuff, but I'm trying! jo

Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  5:31:28 PM  Show Profile
I love wool, put this in another area, but Stephanie suggested I stick it here! No turning under! jo

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile
crow pillow is totally cute, i love it! oh and streganona..i love her she is great!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  6:49:02 PM  Show Profile
Jo, ditto!! Too totally cute Got any projects in progress?

Stephanie

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Sep 17 2007 6:49:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Stephanie for posting my picture, and telling me how to do it. I know I posted a pic before, but it was probely by accident!!! If I don't keep doing it, I forget. I will try to remember now!!!
All the projects are so cute, and inspiring. I have a pink sweater I am trying to figure out what to make with it. It does have nordic designs across the top.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome!! Ouwww....Pink..can't wait to see what you do!!

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by windypines

Thanks Stephanie for posting my picture, and telling me how to do it. I know I posted a pic before, but it was probely by accident!!! If I don't keep doing it, I forget. I will try to remember now!!!
All the projects are so cute, and inspiring. I have a pink sweater I am trying to figure out what to make with it. It does have nordic designs across the top.

Michele

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "Wool Recycling" - Ideas, Pictures & Patterns Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page