Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Patterns read like Greek to me!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Patterns read like Greek to me! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  09:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have been doing a tatting pattern off the internet to do booties for Nora. Sometimes I know exactly what they are wanting me to do, and sometimes it is like reading greek...no comprehension at all! I have had to email another tatter twice to have her help me by diagramming what I am supposed to do. I can do the actual stitching of the tatting just fine- it is just hard to know exactly where they are wanting me to go with some of these things.

Anyone else ever experience this when they pick up a new needle craft? I know it will get easier as I learn more. And the tatting itself if so fun and easy! I could make tatted lace all day! :)

Maybe I just need Maryjane to produce patterns! LOL Her instructions in her book were perfect and I understood them right away! LOL

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jun 15 2007 09:04:48 AM

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
copy the pattern and send it to me I may not be able to get to it for a week or more but I can try
thanks sunshine

just send it as an attachment in an email

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  6:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Alee....Oh, you really hit the nail on the head! I have been knitting for about a year now and I can knit socks, and about anything else as long as someone will show and tell me what to do. But heaven forbid I should have to READ the instructions!! I was telling a friend the other day that it was like reading another language to me. I'm glad I am not alone!! You know, we WILL get it at some point!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  7:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Alee, this is one of the downfalls of the tatting world. There is no universal code to patterns. One time a picot will be stated with a "p" and the next time it will be a "-". I suppose the more you tat and try different things the more you learn and understand, but as a beginner it was very difficult for me to read patterns. Actually it still is!

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Patterns read like Greek to me! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page