Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics Next Topic
Page: of 9

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  05:47:04 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE that stove. It's looking great, Janice!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  11:12:23 AM  Show Profile
How exciting!!!! Turning out super beautiful.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  04:07:35 AM  Show Profile
lOVE THIS HOUSE! I just found this thread and I find this so interesting this has gone on for so many years. I'm presently restoring my late husbands family 1900 farmhouse. It truly is a labor of love and my second and last restoration. I think lol. I had a artist friend of mine put a family tree on the hall stairs raisers starting with my husband's grandparents and ending with my husband and my name. We put this on everyother step with a victorian design also used. Love all of your sinks-I've used alot of recycled things in my old farmhouse too! Plus a ton of antiques. Keep up the good work and post more pics! Alanna from Pa.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Alanna! Your old house sounds wonderful! Do you have any pics to share? I'd love to see them and hear about your adventures in restoration and recycling. The drywall in our house will be finished this week, I hope. The poor contractor is doing the finish work himself, b/c he just can't find anybody who wants to do the work! Then I'll be the painter. Flooring contractors came yesterday, and I'm waiting/worrying about the cost of that. Then, we'll move in! I'll work on the woodwork(stored in our pole barn) this winter and we'll install that a little at a time. We marked it on the back. If you have pics, please share.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  11:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Janice, your house is beautiful. What a road it has been for you, and I have enjoyed reading along about it as you did the hard work! :) It is so great. Love the cabinets. And the appliances....

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  5:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Ill try to have my daughter take some pics bof the old farm house when she can. I'm not computer-illerate like she is. This younger generation can use all of these cameras's and such and make it look so easy. Not for me. lol. Our kitchen is so small -probably 6x8 and a huge dining room makes up for it. I have a wall of wormy chestnut in my little kitchen with sage green beadboard and old red trim. We had a brick floor put in herringbone style, with a old red cubboard with a copper counter. I have a high back porclein sink put into a a antique dry sink which i love. The old dry sink was in the cellar and we pd. $2 for it at a farm sale. I love bargains !
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  06:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Oooh, Alanna! Sounds so pretty! The brick floor and a chestnut wall and the sink(s)! I hope your daughter can get some pics. If she can't get them posted on this forum, maybe she can just email them to me. When I first found this forum, I was searaching the internet for anybody doing farmhouse restoration, etc. There just wasn't anything to be found to look at or talk to about it.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  8:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Okay-as soon s I get this old place cleaned up I'll have my daughter take some pics and we will share with everyone, I just got out of the hospital last Saturday evening. I had some cellulitis of my legs so I'm taking it easy for the time being. The old farm house had a parlor and a living room. Either room was too big. When we moved in my father-in-law had taken the wall out between the 2 rooms and made it one. They put up paneling and suspended ceiling. ugh!!!! We took the ceiling down and installed beadboard on the ceiling and painted the ugly paneling a soft buttery yellow. On the one wall of the living room I have plans to add a 20x 26 old new kitchen. I have the blueprints drawn up, I just need the $. lol. It won't be the usual kitchen, I have a old corner cubboard, old hossier cubboard,hanging wall cubboard and a early red jersey coffee box. I also have a early cubboard that was used for hanging clothes . Don't worry I won't forget about the pics! Alanna
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  05:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Looking forward to it, Alanna. You sound like a woman after my own heart with your unconventional kitchen cabinets. We've done all our work on a 'cash only' basis, working when we had the money to complete whatever came next. We got the estimate on flooring for the 1200 square foot old part of the house yesterday - 9,000.00.....Wow! That's going to pretty much break the bank, but it's the last big thing and we can move in when it's done. I agree with you about the 'ugh' on suspended ceilings. We have 10' on the first floor and 9' upstairs. Wouldn't change that for anything. Going to have a big christmas tree this year! :) Take care of yourself and do what the docs tell you to do. Get well soon.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  4:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Dear Janice I just saw this thread and all that you have done to this charming old house. I want to say bless you and your family for saving a beautiful piece of history. May your new-old home be over flowing with blessings and full of laughter and loving memories. Karla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic farmhouse renovation/restoration-movin in pics Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page