DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile
The girls took down the above-ground pool as I didn't like where it was and it needed a good cleaning anyway. The bonus is, I now have a perfect circle with no weeds or grass that I have dug, composted and tilled and a new place to plant!!
So I'm thinking a herb and tea garden (it's really big). So how deep should I put a barrier if I were to put mint in one of the pie wedges of it?? Six feet? Or maybe it would be smarter to just bury it in large pots. Thoughts??
Any ideas as to what would make good plantings for teas besides mint? I hesitate to grow and sell any medicinals to the public...the legal liability thing haunts me.
Di

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
oh how wonderful that you have a perfect circle all ready for planting... i have recently come across a book that i bought a year or so ago when i was only dreaming of a place of my own so that i could plant to my heart's desire (at that time, i didn't realize how much there is to do when you have a place of your own!). its called "the medicine wheel garden" and would be the perfect thing for a perfect circle!!! my experience and knowledge of medicine wheels is within native american spirituality but i understand there were other cultures that built them as well.
i would love to see pics of your herb & tea wheel when you've got it planted!

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic New place to plant!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page