sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:38:24 AM  Show Profile
I am officially posting notice that I will be cleaning out my craft room this week. This will be quite an endeavor, as it is a giant mess!!!! I will be offering free stuff, so watch this thread closely.

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Sherone:

You've got my support, Farmgirl!! Such an awesome task ahead of you - I'm in the process, too. Please be sure to post about your "finds" too - the good stuff you come across that you forgot you had and *won't* be giving away. I find that those balance the whole "...what-was-I-thinking-when-I-bought-this..." blues. Good luck! ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile
oh Jeezz.. I should take a panoramic picture of my craft/sewing/office room for you girls.. it would make you just want to sit down from pure disbelief!.. But I think i feel in my element in clutter! i really do.. something about being sourrounded by alot of stuff.. i don't know.. i can't describe it..
ok.. now that you all are thinking i am the worst house keeper & biggest slob..
I do though .. i really do like clutter.. drives my husband cray.. i LOVE layering! creative stacking.. I mean i want my kitchen & living rooms to be clean.. yeh yeh.. but when i am creating.. ahhhhh.. i want to be surrounded by STUfffff.. & lots of it.. all over.. on the walls.. on the tables.. & desks.. stacked up.. i don't care.. as long as i have room to work.. & can find things.. & don't hurt my self!

ok Sherone.. waiting to see what you find!!!
Good luck Girl!!

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like me too! I'm decrafting at the moment. Condensing and weeding and Sherone.......I'm getting together yarn for your SIL!! Farmgirls.....if you have any soft yarns for baby and children's afghans....that you are not going to use, please consider sending it to Sherone for her SIL!!!!

Oh and Kaylyn, I approached the Thrifty Quaker about Nickspavilion and haven't heard back from them yet, I'm going to do another printout of your site and resubmit it to them. They may only do local, but it is worth a try again!!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
me too, me too! i'm clearing out my years of packratting... i'm feeling stifled and stagnant! so we're cleaning out the closet (8ft x 8ft closet!!!) that is crammed full and stacked to the rafters.. and having a yard sale at the end of the month... i have LOTS of work to do before then, but i can't wait to count my loot when the sale is over! surely some of my junk is a treasure to someone! and when i come across the yard i've bought over the years (i don't knit or crochet, but i have dreams of doing so), i'm sending it to sherone!
good luck to you other gals that are clearing the way for new energy!

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:40:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathie - layering and creative stacking - I just love it! I've always called it being a packrat and having stash! I too need to clean it out and de-stash soon before it smothers me! What's really frustrating is knowing I've got something, but not being able to find it!

Kathy t

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Okay girls.....you've inspired me to tackle my attic this week! YIKES!!!! Years of packratting. I just hauled down my baby stuff that I was saving. Wish there was a farmgirl nearby who could benefit from a double stroller, highchair, portacrib, walker.......I held on to it because I thought my son might make me a granny, but no hope of that, and my girls are too young.....so out it goes!! NICE stuff too. I'll stack up all of my yarns and crafting what nots and see what I have to send out!!

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  08:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see what everyone offers!

I'm currently looking for basket making reeds. I decided making baskets isn't a 'new' craft for me, just an extension of weaving, right??

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  09:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I am already excited! Sounds like you all have such wonderful treasures hidden away...and you are going to share/barter them! Will I sound too excited if I say Yippee!? *imagine me grinning and bouncing in my chair and you would be right* ....hmmm maybe it is way to easy to entertain me? LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  09:43:05 AM  Show Profile
SEE!! This has to be bad..
i must be really ill.. because i'm so thrilled for you.. & i get really excited for you.. & I feel the relief of the purging your doing.. & oh ahhhh yes.. how nice for them.. for THEM.. then i want to close my my door so i don't catch what ever madness has possessed you to make you want to get rid of all your lovely junk!!

Yes.. I feel it.. i know I will be one of those crazy old women they find lying dead in her recliner one day surrounded by a thousand cats & 300 years worth or newspapers.. except mine won't be newspapers.. they'll be Farmers Almanac & Old Mother Earth News,& Mary Jane Magazines!
Old crispy plates of Pita bread..dried up Humus..shriveled up celery,
Old grapes that are now raisins.. tiny bits of cheese that if thrown, would break out a window!
Little Tea cups balancing here & there as if waiting for the Mad Hatter & his crew to show..
& Empty glasses standing everywhere that once held Rasberry Lambic!
Then to top it all off.. there will be bits of fabric.. & pieces of patterns strewn all about the house..
As if there had been a real intention on finishing something!

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 09:46:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  10:40:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure you just described my grandma. She had collected so much that in her later years, she opened a thrift shop for the homeless. They could just show up and she would feed and clothe them like kings and queens. After she died, we took loads of stuff to the homeless shelter in her name. Hmmmm, maybe I should just go to the spa and not clean out the room........Nope, can't do it. Gotta purge! :o}

quote:
Originally posted by Kathie

SEE!! This has to be bad..
i must be really ill.. because i'm so thrilled for you.. & i get really excited for you.. & I feel the relief of the purging your doing.. & oh ahhhh yes.. how nice for them.. for THEM.. then i want to close my my door so i don't catch what ever madness has possessed you to make you want to get rid of all your lovely junk!!

Yes.. I feel it.. i know I will be one of those crazy old women they find lying dead in her recliner one day surrounded by a thousand cats & 300 years worth or newspapers.. except mine won't be newspapers.. they'll be Farmers Almanac & Old Mother Earth News,& Mary Jane Magazines!
Old crispy plates of Pita bread..dried up Humus..shriveled up celery,
Old grapes that are now raisins.. tiny bits of cheese that if thrown, would break out a window!
Little Tea cups balancing here & there as if waiting for the Mad Hatter & his crew to show..
& Empty glasses standing everywhere that once held Rasberry Lambic!
Then to top it all off.. there will be bits of fabric.. & pieces of patterns strewn all about the house..
As if there had been a real intention on finishing something!

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  12:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Sherone! I should offer to come by and help since I am visiting in Worland right now...but I don't think my schedule will allow it! I am excited to see what you decide to purge, though!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  12:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, don't hate me ya'll but I just took 5 bags of fabric to the Thrifty Quaker. They were all vintage 80's and 70's BUT and here is why I didn't offer them up here.........all double and single polyester knits. VERY heavy and postage would have been killer!!!

They were the huge bags of fabric given to me. I did pull out all of the cottons (2 huge bags) and a few really funky patterns for hats. Sorry....but I'm not really fond of polyester double knits! HOT, hot, hot and I don't mean sexy.....I know that there will be a few older women who will feel like they just hit the jackpot!!

LOL....more later Haven't even scratched the surface yet.

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  2:35:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Aunt George

Sorry....but I'm not really fond of polyester double knits! HOT, hot, hot and I don't mean sexy.....I know that there will be a few older women who will feel like they just hit the jackpot!!

OMGoodness - PIMPL!!! (That's geek-speak for Pee In My Pants Laughing!!)

I've got visions of visions of women with their hairnets over their curlers running through the thrift store *squealing* in delight and saying things like: "OOooooh, dearie! I never thought I'd ever see this one again..." and "Oh, jeepers! Harold, help me with this stack!"

(...Harold was my grandfather's name. It's one of those names that seems to fit *that generation* by way of every 10th gentleman. It never seems to be given as a proper name any longer...visions of double-knit poly???)

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:14:38 PM  Show Profile
You are so right! LOL......I want to be there at around 11:00am next Monday to see what happens at the fabric bin! LOL

I used to work in the fabric department of a store like Wal-Mart in highschool and I remember these fabrics all too keenly. I made the horrible mistake of sewing a sample tennis dress from some of the white double knit poly for display. When the display was done with, I got to keep it. The first time I wore it to play tennis in, I got so hot I passed out at the Dairy Queen right after playing! LOL...what a sight I was lying there all spralled out on the concrete in front of Dairy Queen in my HOT, hot, hot poly tennis dress! I had a poly short sleeved summer shirt on just two days ago and thought I'd die from heat stroke! ARGH......still laughing at your image of the old ladies in the thrift store. Now if it were cottons in the bin, I'd be right there scrabbling with them and yelling for Mable to hurry and bring the cart! LOL

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
ok.. i need some idea/inspiration help... a very close friend of mine is an interior designer and she recently had a work day for her employees to clear out all old stuff/samples/fabric etc... being the pack rat that i am, i jumped at the chance to get a HUGE bag of samples of trims, fringe & tassels... i'm sitting her ripping the 3-5 inch samples from their display cards and trying to come up ideas on how to use them... for anyone that gives me an idea on how they might be used creatively, i'll send you a big handful of them! when i say i have a HUGE bag.. i mean HUGE!!! a large black garbage bag... not a tall kitchen bag.. we're talking a big one that you would use to bag leaves with in the fall...
so... anyone??

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Lamp Shades!

Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:48:01 PM  Show Profile

I have coined a new diagnoses for us... hyper-creativity-disorder also known as hcd. hcd is the condition of needing to have many ongoing projects all in a current state of "being worked on". This disorder usually results in needing an understanding partner and a large crafting space or room that can be left perpetually messy. Persons with hyper-creativity disorder create beautiful items usually not attempted by the ordinary crafter.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:48:46 PM  Show Profile
i am the queen of tack ya'll! & if i can stick some tassles or fringe or beads on it.. then it's for me!!

Alison!!
On the bottoms of your Lamp shades.. & around picture frames..

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile
did i miss something?
while i was 'out' were you just talking about me lizbeth?

Ok.. I see.. i've re-read it.. whew.. ! i'm not alone in the .. what did you call it.. "HCD" Boat.. ok.. as long as some one brings the oars.. we're in good shape then!

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 5:51:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
remember... each piece is only 3-5 inches long... and so far, i haven't seen any duplicates... so they're all different...
and, if you DO want a handful of these lovelies, send me your address at alishushu@yahoo.com

Alison
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9365 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9365 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Alison,
How wide are they? Coud they be used to make small yo-yos with? I am working on yo yos now for a quilt. I love it HCD! ROTFLOL my husband would definitely be saying yep I knew they have a name for this mess.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
if yo-yo's are what i think they are.. they would have to be fabric.. the samples i'm talking about are trims for curtains, pillows, etc...
cords, tassels, beaded trim, etc... and they vary in widths... i'll try to post some pics of some tomorrow.. tonight i'm having too much fun ripping them from their display cards...
i haven't even gotten through half of the bag yet and i've filled a shopping bag with goodies!!! i just uncarded a beautiful 5 inch piece of silk trim with 3-4 inch tassels that i think would be lovely sewn to the bottom of a small purse... that one is mine! :D

Alison
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  7:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
AliShuShu

If you have some that are velvets and or silks I would love to trade. I saw a real cool coverlet many years back that is for a parlor chair that was made out of fabric samples but only velvets and silks. It was so pretty reminded me of a harlequins clothes. ( I like clowns).

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  8:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Alison- My mom says you are lucky that she didn't get there first! She is suggesting dolly costumes, christmas ordaments, trim for miniture lamp shades for chandeliers (new ones for each holiday), trim for little sewing kits, trimming crazy quilts... She is wondering how many more ideas you need...she loves this sort of thing!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  10:49:35 PM  Show Profile
Alison,
My suggestion is trim for the tiny aprons lots of you gals are making. Seems like 3-5 inches would be just about the right amount.
I think you ladies are talking about an area my spouse calls "the room". It's about half cleaned out, still have the other half before I can buy a nice sewing furniture set up to go in there. Sewing half almost okay, desk and assorted boxes of paperwork and "stuff" cluttering the other half.
Alee,
Your mom lives in Worland? Many years ago, I had family there. My dad was born in Thermopolis. Actually Kirby, but don't know if there was or is any "town" there. His parents had a small ranch by the river and his mother died in the 1918 flu epidemic, when he was just three years old.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cleaning out craft room Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page