Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  11:24:13 AM  Show Profile
ummm...karin...i love your coffeee filter rose...that was so amazing..i was scrolling through and thought it was real! good job!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  1:32:43 PM  Show Profile
I was so sad when mine didn't show up today. Odd because Susan's did and we have the same mail carrier............. maybe tomorrow. I was ready to go buy some twine and make a little clothes line across the top of my entertainment center. boo hoo. I am jealous!!! Back to cleaning my house now that school is done for the day.
By the way, I looked at that rose and I couldn't find it....... then I realized what I thought was a real rose WAS the coffee filter. SO PRETTY! I would be ashamed to show you our lame attempts and coffee filter flowers. You all just floor me with how creative you are.
I found a fall shirt I had in a yard sale bag. I will have a yard sale if it ever cools off here again. I think I am going to try to re-purpose it into an apron. We will see, if I ever have time to sew again.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  1:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
my aprons came today so cute thank you everyone

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  3:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Jess, I LOVE that pirate doll!! Now that is so cute, and I can't believe your son made it. Tell him I said he did an amazing job. I bet that boy who received it just adores it.

Oh, I can't wait to get my minis. We have not gotten the mail at post office for a few days, but I hope to pick it up tomorrow.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Nope not yet but soon I am sure. Love sitting down and reading and visiting with y'all. Just wanted to to let you know.
Hey how many Halloweens minis are you gals making? Is a dozen enough so far?
Thanks.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  6:10:23 PM  Show Profile
AND....! i did Trackable mail.. SOOooo i am SO pleased with myself over this!

MICHELLE!!
I wish YOU had Gotten yours today Sweet Pea!!
CLARE.. get yourself to the Post Office Girl!!!

I'm So happy they are already coming in Girls!!
isn't it funny how the mail works though.. look.. Susan got hers in Luisiana.. michelle did not.. JUST across the street from her!! But!! Sunshine way out in Utah gets heres!! & they were all mailed the same day!!!

Well you'll all be getting them any day now!! So.. enjoy your little sweeties!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  6:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Mine was sent priority where the others the same or just standard mail that might explain me getting mine quickly.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  9:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun it will be when those aprons I see.
LOL......
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  05:25:23 AM  Show Profile
OHHHHH They are so so cute!! Everyone did a marvelous job! Such talent. Thanks so much. I will take pictures when I get them hung up!

http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  06:04:04 AM  Show Profile
waiting is going to kill me...whilst you all are talking about them...i got a new mailman...he does not bring my packages to my house..just sets them next to my mailbox. If he had talked to my last mailman...who had been doing this route for like 20 yrs, he would know he should deliver to my door because I would give him a nice cold drink, cookies, and something sewy...a tea towel or a pot holder or something! Oh well...his loss! He is not anything to look at anyway! But...my trashman...ohh girls, Thursdays at noon...get yourself a nice big glass of iced tea...pull up a chair...and just watch the trash man do his work!! AHHHHHHHHHH...he is absolutely drop dead gorgeous with a smile and dimples that would make any of opur hearts just turn to mush!! He always gets a cold drink, cookies, and gifts for Christmas! Wheeww...I never miss Thursday at noon!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:17:00 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, I got my mini aprons. Thank you so much, ladies. I just adore them and will get them up as soon as fall cleaning is done. Each one is so special. Kathie, thank you for the birthday care with the mini apron in it for me. that was so very sweet of you. I really appreciate it, feeling emotional and crying. You all are such good friends and yet I have not even met you each in person yet. Some day we will have to do a trip for a weekend at MaryJanesFarm to meet up in person.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Jess, I give my mailman cookies when I'm baking them too! LOL (grease the wheels for when I have packages to pick up)
Unfortunately, my trashmen aren't the hunks that Bloomington employs.
Gawd, I'd love to be the fly on the wall at your house for just 1 day! I'd be laughing so
hard , you'd swat me though~ROFL!

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  11:03:35 AM  Show Profile
OH-MY-GOODNESS!! I got mine!!! The girls and I were just ohhing and awwing! I just love them!! So when I get done sweeping and mopping and making a library run I am hanging them somewhere in this house. Should I post my pic today or wait until everyone gets them?
Kathy, I was so surprised when I opened it, thank you so much.
Ok, Also, the denim one that someones child did, it was so good! How old is she? That girl can sew! My girls were VERY impressed.
I am afraid my mini's looked a little to munchkin.
Anyway, back to my cleaning, and let me know when we are to post the pic's.
They really all are so beautiful and delicate!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I give my mailman cookies too. He told a friend of my dads I even give him cookies. I guess people just don't do that much anymore. I believe in praising people and they seem to keep up the good work!
I am kind of afraid of my garbage people though, very unfriendly. So I just wave and go on about my business!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  11:50:33 AM  Show Profile
oh you all should see this trash man of mine..friendly as all get out...always smells good, picks my trashup all the way up my drive, at the back door...loves my kids..young early 20s, buff, tan..cutest darn smile you have ever seen...his parents own the company...his brother used to pick up my trash like 2 yrs ago..he is a hotttie, too...but much too close to my age for a good fantasy.

anyway..yes, that was my daughter, she loves to sew..she does a good job, she has done all kinds of swaps on here. She is seven, turns 8 the end of October..needle work is her strong point...she just gets it!!

Oh, Bonne...you do not want to be a fly at my house..we don't swat them! We have sticky strips in strategic places about the house...ick...bad way to die..and if that is not bad enough, my 2 boys catch the others and pull off their wings...and feed them to the axolotyls!

It is much safer to be a human..come over...have a glass of tea...and watch the trashman.

maybe next Thursday i can get a good picture of him...i will get him to pose with my 4 yr old who thinks trash men are the best...boy I have lost it havent i?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  11:52:50 AM  Show Profile

Well we won't TALK about MY Mail Carrier!!!!
(ok.. just a bit.. PSYCHO!! )
So No Cookies or ANYTHING for THAT one!!! Nut Job..!

Glad to hear more packages have arrived!!

Especially you Clare!!! VERY Happy Belated Birthday Sweet Heart!!

Michelle.. i knew you'd be happy Pumpkin!
& your Teeny little Munchkin ones are TOO cute to change.. Keep them JUST the way they are Sweetie! The variety is what makes them all so special i think!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  12:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes sireeee girl, we want a picture of that trashman. I was laughing so hard, dh goes,ya gotta read it to me...he was laughing just as hard and said to tell you your mailman must be related to our trashman cause he aint nothing to look at either, and walked off laughing. This is too funny....I am still laughing. LOL

Okay, MY MINIS ARE HERE AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yep, got emotionally, had a cry cause ya know each of those was made by love from each of you and that girls to me is very precious. Thank you.
Kathie, hope you are doing better this afternoon and girl you are a fantastic swap mama, what would we do without you!!!!!
Going for now, plotting those halloween minis.
Hey Michelle, don't worry they will be perfect cause you made them, y'alls were so tinny and mine was big.....I believe in plus sizes since I am there .....ugghhhh
LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  12:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Yep, got my minis yesterday, I was jumping with joy.
They are so cute!!!Thank you all , and thanks to Kathie for going above and beyond to get me minis. . After mine became lost in her mail persons car ROFL.
Look for something to come in the mail Kathie!
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  1:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I HAVE CAVED!!! I am doing the Halloween minis if you will have me. Michelle Marie and I just talked and we HAVE to do them!!! Please let us join...PRETTY PLEASE!!!! Oh...and please say a prayer, light a candle whatever you feel led to do for my mom. She is having to have a blood transfusion today. She was SO anemic. Losing lots of blood thru her urine. Thanks from both of us. If you want the details you can look on my blog...also I am posting my pictures of my minis this weekend after I get them all strung up. I will let you know when I get pictures done.

I am really excited about doing the Halloween minis...I LOVE Halloween!

Sooo....Put Me (NotQuiteJuneCleaver aka TheSoapMaven...Susan...whatever!) and Michelle Marie on the list!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  1:42:04 PM  Show Profile
So glad you caved...lol yeahhh more minis....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile
okay I knew yopu would have to join us girls..you cannot deny those fab mini's now can ya...anyway...you are on the official orange list! We are now up to 10...are we sending a set to good ole MAryJAne this time as well? How long are we gonna leave he sign up open? I am not trying to speed things along, but I am sure people out there are wonderin'? I know you are getting a migraine today honey, so you do not have to answer all my jibber jabber today..just whenever you get to it!! But we are up to 10!!! wHOO HOOOO!!

bONNE...are ya gonna join us? we know you love love love halloweeny thingys!!!
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  2:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Did you count Michelle Marie?

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  2:49:14 PM  Show Profile
I got mine today!! They are the cutest things I have ever seen! Now I am planning to string them along the hoosier, and maybe some across the pantry window. I'll post a picture when I do that.

Thank you Kathie for doing this one and thank you girls for being so clever and creating the most charming little aprons!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Susan & Michelle!
& am SO Excited!!

& HAPPY That you two are not 'whimping' out on us!!!!
( kidding!!!!)

Great!!!
See.. they are like a Monkey on your back or something..aren't they?
God i must have watched to much Mod Squad as a child..
Monkey on my back.. ?
ok.. i'm a Mini Apron junkie looking for a Fix..
but..
Monkey on my back..
ok.. I'll let it go..

So what did you say we are up to now Jess? 10?
How about we leave the sign up to the 30th of August.. that will be the cut off Date to actually SIGN up.. then they still have enough time to get them finished & in to me....
When you get yours done.. As many as you are anticipating being in the swap.. go ahead & send them on in..
If you end up doing MORE then we get signed up.. then of course I'll send those back.. & you'll have some extra's for yourselves... For some cute little give away or tuck in for something else you may be doing for Halloween!
If you come up SHORT!! & we end up getting additional sign up's..
we can work that out too.. but probably i'll just ask you to quik.. make the extra & send it in to me..

SOooooo.. i'd say if your TRYING to be first one finished & into me again.. MICHELLE.. for any particular reason.....!!
You might want to make a handful of extra's.. & get started.. !

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 24 2007 2:52:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  3:30:09 PM  Show Profile

Ok here they are......... I am not sure if I think this is the "perfect" place to hang them as of yet so I will keep them here until I decide where that perfect place might be!
I am thinking maybe in my den somewhere but I am not sure. I will keep them in the living room now so I can get a good look at them!
My little one is so excited about the Halloween swap, she is wanting to make a little craft for us to stuff in with each apron, so who knows. She thinks this is to cool!
So about the "be the first one to get your aprons in" I would go for it! I got the neatest surprise in with my mini's. Should we keep it a surprise ?? Or spill the beans???
Thanks again everyone for the mini's, they really are all so well made. I think I am making mine a little bigger this go round. It burned the crap out of my fingers doing it the other tiny way! And I am giving a binding waste band a try also!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page