Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:28:54 PM  Show Profile
ok.. Unanimous then.. Carmen's in then Jess!!
Tell her to get her little needle goin!

( look at the 1st post!!)

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 10 2007 5:30:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
OKAY AWESOME, SHE IS ON HER WAY TO BED, I WILL HAVE TO LET HER KNOW...SHE WILL BE SO EXCITED TO BE OFFICIALLY INCLUDED!!!

HAVE WE HEARD FROM SOME OF THE GIRLS ON THE SIGN UP LIST?

SOME OF THEM I HAVE OTHER STUFF GOING ON WITH, AND I HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP OUT OF THEM!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I haven't died yet just busy. i plan on sitting down in the next two days. I have decided to sew mine but add tatting to the hem

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:54:25 PM  Show Profile
oh i am so looking forward to seeing the tatting!!! i really will learn that before i die! probably when i a a senile old lady. i am glad you are going to find some down time soon, sunshine!! moving is such a drain, but kind of fun too!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I look forward to having one of Carmens aprons...I love to see young girls take up the needle & thread.
Sheryl-lyn, I luv your machine embroidery.
My DH & I were in Joann's the other day & I let the sales lady give me a quick demo on the Husquverna sewing/embroidery machine,,,,I was drooling over the machine, but a price tag of $5,000.00 is just a wee bit high for me right now. bummer.
Besides, I have to stay focused right now;, get into new house (in 7 days) get furniture delievered, buy new washer/dryer & refridg, plan 1 farm girl tea party and a month later plan a farm girl martini party. Then start joining in more farm girl swaps...I'll need one of those wipe off message boards, to keep a list of swaps,rules & due dates.... I can hardly wait!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jul 10 2007 10:55:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:56:54 PM  Show Profile
well, you do have great big grand plans don't you Grace...I can hardly wait to see what you will create!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Holler when you get in grace, gosh are we gonna have some fun.
Tea party, yippiieee
martini party, even better.....

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  05:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Grace: I have a list of the swaps posted by my computer/sewing area so that I can keep track. It makes it so easy that way. The whiteboard is a great idea too. I think I have a few extras in my classroom come to think of it. I buy them every year to use for quick quizzes with the kids and by now I have about 30.

I have the Husqvarna Viking machine!! My husband got it for me about 4 years ago. Way out of my price league, but he had been saving for it for a while and surprised me one wintery day. Best gift I EVER got. But, we do not have big house payments or anything at this point in time and I was already pretty set up in the house department. I have been in this house for 24 years already! WOW! Ok, I need new furniture, but who cares when I can cover it up with sheets and just go sewing! :)

How exciting about the new house! Enjoy it!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  10:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, I suspected tehy were embroidered because of the quilt block swap. I just love what your machine can do. It is so personal and pretty.

Oh, sunshine, I sure hope you can tat for these. I would LOVE a piece made by you with tatting. I was just checking through MJ's sewing book and drooling again over thet atting and crocheting lessons. I promise myself in August I am going to sit down and try this.

Carol Sue, I a mglad you did not redo your aprons. Your hubby is absolutely correct in that these are made with love and that is the best ingredient ever.

Jessica, I am so pleased your daughter will be involved with this swap, too. She did a great job on the quilt blocks for the swap. I look forward to receiving one of her aprons. Kathy, I am sorry you will be out for this one, but I look forward t oswapping with you o nthe next mini apron one.

Oh, I now see larger fabric scraps in terms of mini aprons. I made one more and have plans to make a few from some of the fabric leftover from the skirt I am sewing for myself today. Once you get the hang of it, they go quickly and are fun.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Grace i am counting down the days with ya Girl on your move!!!
Can't wait to see you getting settled in!!
Wish we could all be there with you!!!!
Sounds like great fun!!
I REALLY feel as if i am needing or wanting a change!!!
So happy that your achieving one!!! The new digs will be perfect!
I do have a calander that i keep everything in the Computor.. all the things going on.. But i'm always leary.. you know that i'll have one of those Crash & Burn moments in cyber space & loose everything i need..
So.. i still write it all down on a paper calander that i keep on the wall in my sewing room.. Along with Birthdays.. So.. HOPEFULLY.. i shouldn't miss TOO many things.. You know.. There's SO many loose things ratteling around loose up there!!

Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  11:18:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm still planning to do some mini-s, just not keeping the pressure on to get them done for the swap. I just love the embroidered aprons--you are so talented!! Be sure to post pictures of all the aprons once they're swapped out. I really want to see all of them!

Kathy

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Im getting mine in the mail today. Ive been gone for a week.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Good Girl Kathy.. Get all your other Things done that your wanting/needing to do.. But really like I said.. start in on some Christmas ones.. & when we do that one.. you'll be ahead of the game!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  2:43:32 PM  Show Profile
It is a great idea to start those Christmas ones now. Then if more people join, we will be ahead of the game. I am going to try to make those tiny little pockets for those. That is my new goal.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  3:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Great Goal.. if i could only get My OTHER swaps in on time!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Touche`
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  9:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kathie
Will you let me know when they arrive. Thanks.
Yes, just a bit anxious. Cannot wait to see them all.
Stay cool.......
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Yep.. I'll be sure to let ya Know sweetie when they come in..

Susan.. ( Oh Susan..... Ms Soap maven......!)
Your little lovelies arrived yesterday!!!
& How pretty!!!!
Your all really going to Just LOVE Susan's too!!!
& her little wishes are really sweet as well.. i like these!!!
& what a nice thank you.. So appreciated..
It's Very Touching to me really to be doing a Swap now with the Mini's.. & Especialy That we have Susan included.. Because if you all remember.. THIS is where the idea came from!! We all sent HER & HER Mother our VERY 1st MINI's!!!
So having her included in this very 1st!!!! Mini Apron Swap..
Is Perfect!!!

On THAT not.. ( The Thank you's..) I'm not quite sure what the ettiquete ( yes.. I'm sure thats all kinda spelled wrong..) But I have not hosted a swap before.. & so many of you are including Thank you's..They are So appeciated!! Please don't think I've not noticed.. Because I HAVE!!
I'm just not sure how the approprite way to go about recognizing you each is.. So.. After all is said & done.. & I have taken photo's of all the Mini's together with ALLLLllll their little Sister's .. I intend on showing off all the precious things some of you have thought to send too.. & SOOOOOoooo did not need to have been done..
I have truly had just the best time dong this swap with all of You.. & have,I felt become so close to all of you BECAUSE of this one swap.. .. I feel such commradery.. I know.. it sounds silly.. But THIS one really to me has been so much fun.. & really seems to mean so much.. It.. The Mini's.. Probably because they are the Aprons.. & The Aprons Strings that DO Tie us All together.. Probably is why this one is so special for me!!
So This truly is Thank You enough for me Girls!!
I so appreciate all of you..
& love that we are are having this time together!!

Love you all SO very Much Girls!!

Geez.. i'm melancholy this morning , Huh??
Well... I'll be to work in a few hours.. So i'm sure that will change.. & regular old Hateful Kathie will come shining through!!!

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 13 2007 06:38:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  2:21:06 PM  Show Profile
our Kathie hateful....NOT, frustrated, aggravated,ornery, hateful not in your vocabulary.
Not melancholy, just thankful,
later,
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!! oOh Kathie we all love you and cannot wait for you to just go off on a daily basis, so we can all have a good laugh!!!

Hey Carol Sue...did you ever figure out how to read my emails?

jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  2:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Kathie! I would adore seeing you at work!! What do you do for a living besides force unwilling men and women to adorn feminine frocks and aprons?
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  2:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, she has some really great stories about her job, even my husband looks forward to a good Kathie tale!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  10:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I want to hear Kathie tales, email me anytime.
Jessie I get your emails when you send them, when I try to email you from the farm forum, or just you email address, the email that I sent just comes back to me as an email from you. I open it and it is the one I wrote to you, so I never know whether you have gotten them. Don't know how to fix that one.....
I can't wait to see these....
Kathie tell us a bedtime tale......
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  05:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Yeah! They arrived. Thanks for letting me know! I cant wait till they are all ready to mail back out!!!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  8:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh To be Loved!!

Well Carol Sue, Your Little Babies Came in the Mail today too!!!
Girls.. THESE are REALLY so pretty!!
I'm telling you.. if it weren't SO late in the game.. I'd be starting all over on Mine !! ( Mine are looking so lame now compared to all of yours!!!)
Carol Sue.. WOW.. We are SO Lucky to get these!!
She DID use Lace on all of them.. a few of them on more then one place even!! AND her are even a bit diffrent in shape then the others that have arrived so far!!! So yet one more thing to show the varity of our Apron's.. AND Ourselves!! & get this Girls.. NONE of them are the same.. !! NOT one of them!! EACH AND EVERYONE of the Apron's she made.. Are completely Different..!!
Each one is more adorable then the other!!!
I do have one question though Carol Sue..
What had you used Black Lace on in the past.Prior to the Mini Apron?

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 14 2007 8:11:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page