Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wearing hats Next Topic
Page: of 2

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  10:23:49 AM  Show Profile
I've been told I look good in hats, but I don't really like anything on my head AND the hats in the women's dept. tend to be a bit too small. I DO have a straw hat I try to wear when I go for long walks (especially now that the temps are over 100!). I bought it in the men's department; the hats were very similar to the ones in the women's dept. except the brims weren't quite as wide, AND they had larger sizes.

My M-I-L gave me a few hats/headpieces from the '40's and '50s, including the most darling little black bandeau-styled creation with a little black veil. I wore it only once, to her funeral. It seemed so appropriate, and it DID add a finishing touch.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Fun! I have two paper/straw hats for summer. Big floppy ones I just love. They sure keep me cooler and not so squinty. Can't help but smile when I'm in them too, guess I look like a tourist.

I just bought the cutest handmade/handblown glass bead hat pin this weekend. Alee, what would you think of a wedding hat pin? I know a gal who does fabulous beaded things.

Hat pins hold your hat on by gathering a bit of your hair to the hat to keep it from blowing off in the wind, or if you laugh too hard or move suddenly, etc... Very farmgirl bling. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle-

That would be fabulous! I adore Hat pins! My great-great Aunt Nora had some beautiful ones (because they had to have them!) My mom kept them after Aunt Nora died and I always loved looking at them!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'll e-mail you. Too fun! She gave me her card, but I don't want to put her personal info. out here. We need to get her set up to sell her gorgeous things on line...

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  07:54:28 AM  Show Profile
I never used to like hats at all. They felt restrictive. Ever since being diagnosed with lupus and being told I MUST stay out of the sun (never happen), I've learned to tolerate them. Since I won't stay inside I've started having fun with them and wear all different kinds. Ball caps when it's really cloudy or I know I'll be in the shade most of the time and wide brimmed straw when I'm out in the sun all day. I've tried cowboy hats and they look awful on me. The flat topped types look much better. Also, this year I've started wearing prairie bonnets. I find that they don't mess up my hair when I work out in the yard at lunch time and so I can go back to work with out fussing over my hair. I only wear them in my yard; they work really well for keeping the sun off my face, ears and neck and you can get them in all different patterns. I have three now.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  05:47:29 AM  Show Profile
I like wearing hats, but I have a problem with "hat hair" - if I put one on, I don't dare take it off until I am home and can re-style (which usually means re-washing) my short, fine hair. Anybody have a suggestion?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wearing hats Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page