Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A show i watched Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  11:19:13 AM  Show Profile
I posted this on my blog today but I wanted to share it with my farm girl pals in case you have children still at home.It was such an eye opener. I know as a parent I did the right thing.

Hello Friends,

This morning I watched a very disturbing show on TV. It talked about cyber bullies and how are children are committing sucide over been bullied on line. I so understand how the children feel. I have been a victim of a cyber bully for about 1 1/2 years. But I am older and I am being proactive. I am taking my blog private and not putting myself in a places where this can continue to happen. But our children don't have the same maturity to be able to think proactive. They want to fit in and be part of things. It is up to us as parents to take charge. Parent please encourage your children to talk to you. To tell you when this is happening to them. In fact when we had a child at home I got her password ( she didn't know I knew it) and I would check the places she went and who she talked to. I would look at her chats. I made sure she was safe. The reason for not letting them know is so they won't change it or use a friends password. No this isn't invading thier privacy. This is our job as a parent. As long as they live under our roof we have a right as parents to check everything. It is better to be safe than sorry. I encourage you to find out before it too late what is going on with your child.By the way you might be wondering at what age to stop checking on your child. As long as they are living at home it is our job to keep them safe. Now I am not talking about grown children that have moved away and moved back.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  8:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A show i watched Next Topic