Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Congratulations to MaryJane! She's in MORE Mag!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Congratulations to MaryJane! She's in MORE Mag! Next Topic
Page: of 2

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  06:38:19 AM  Show Profile
I got mine in the mail! Oh my gosh! Have you seen it? MaryJane is featured in June's MORE Magazine! And what a spread it is! Nine pages of MaryJane! It is a wonderful and inspiring article about her, complete with pictures of the farm and friends and family and food! Lots of delicious recipes are included for a Summer Picnic. (One in particular is screaming out to me....Black Walnut and Coconut Pound Cake.) What a beautiful article. You've got to see it. Wow! I'm so happy to be a part of this Farmgirl movement!

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  06:46:07 AM  Show Profile
I picked it up but havent read ir yet.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  07:08:35 AM  Show Profile
She's also got her books listed with the Crafters Choice Book Club! Both the new stitching book and the main book.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  07:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
haven't heard of this mag

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  08:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much for letting us know! I will have to see if I can find a copy!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  08:20:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh-I just saw this post. I just posted about it too. The article is excellent! And, More is one of my favorite magazines. :)
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  08:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Never heard of More? What is it about? Do tell -I have to go get it now!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.firehousesoapcompany.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  09:10:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited to pick it up and read it! YAY!!!!! Thanks for the "heads-up!"

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  10:29:41 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of this magazine either! What's it all about???

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  10:56:45 AM  Show Profile
MORE is a great magazine! The target readers are 40+. If you haven't noticed the magazine on the racks, I bet you're 40 minus. I love it because the topics it covers are geared towards those women who are....shall we say..."more mature." (Well, I'm over 40, but the "mature" thing is still up in the air.) MORE also showcases gorgeous women who have it together. I really think it has wide appeal for women of all ages. I subscribed last year and have enjoyed it tremendously. And, now, MaryJane is in it!! You talk about a goregous woman who has it all together. MaryJane fan here! So, even if you are a Farmgirl who is a "spring chicken," you'll enjoy this particular issue of MORE.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Just went to the library and made a copy of the article to do me till it is on the local newsstands! Mazel Tov!!! Beautiful article. Great recipes. More is a magazine for 40+ women. http://www.more.com/more/?_requestid=188259 couldnt find the article online yet. But it is worth the price of the magazine!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  11:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh My! I need to find that magazine...thanks for the heads-up!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  12:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Just got my magazine in the mail today and it truly is a very nice article. Congrats to MaryJane! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  1:36:59 PM  Show Profile
What month is this for, June?
Thanks! Maryjane Lee

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  2:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Yep, Maryjane - it's in the June issue... I can't wait!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  2:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunches Libbie! Can't wait! Are you LDS? I am...

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  2:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info! I haven't heard of this mag either! When will it hit the news stands? I'm thinking anytime now right? I'm excited! Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  06:31:55 AM  Show Profile
I read More all the time, I like that it is geared for adult women. I dont want to say much about the article except.... I didnt like it at all.I think it made MJ farmgirls sound like mindless droans. I also dont agree that "farmgirls" only want the "fantasy" of farmlife. I have been a MJ fan since the beginning when I found her first issue. I have learned alot from her writing on farmlife, organics and the enviroment. I will always be learning from her. I dont buy alot of her foods because frankly I make them myself BUT and a BIG BUT, I learned about how to, from MJ, so all credit goes to her for that. I know it's a bussiness and God Bless her, she desreves all the good fortune that comes her way but I don't have to agree w/ it all when it starts to sound a bit too commercial. MJ doesnt have to care about my opinion but me being me....

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  06:48:50 AM  Show Profile
I kinda felt a little bit like that too.....
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  7:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I actually really liked the article. I think it spoke more to the urbanite farmgirl than the farm farmgirl- but we are all Farmgirls! I know that I am in a way more of a fantasy farmgirl because I just don't have the ability to grow everything I want to. I would love to be able to be a "real" farmgirl, but until then my dream farm is just that- a dream.

I think what Maryjane was saying in the article is that not every woman who loves the idea of the farm is able to have a farm or is mentally ready to have a farm, but by her products and such they are able to take part in the farm a bit more and let that portion of their soul really absorb it :) I think it is one of MaryJane's gifts to make herself and her farm accessible to people from all walks of life. Even my fiance who is techie guy and convenience guy is really impressed with the farm and the drive the MaryJane has.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  7:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Alee, thanks for telling your point of view. Now I will diffently buy the magazine. I have a farmgirl heart living in the city. My heart to "dreams" of being a true blue farmgirl, but that will never happen...so I will in my own little way prepare, do and work hard on my little property and make it beautiful for us. I shall sew, cook, make friends, serve the Lord and make life a little simplier. Oh, and of course wear my aprons with pride! Love MaryJane's Farm! It has changed my life and has brought back the "good old days" past to present!

Hugs,
Maryjane

P.S. My husband and I have ordered wonderful things from MaryJane's Farm! I am glad she has things for for us to buy.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  9:17:03 PM  Show Profile
I'll just say that the article is enlightening.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

I want to be an "outrageous" old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to be wiser, resonate love & peace and be earth-colored, till I fade away from pure joy!

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  10:01:21 PM  Show Profile
The one thing it did for me was to make me buy a new magazine that I would have never bought. I only like the decorating magazines...love LOTS of photos and ideas to be creative and to see how others are creative.
So now I know what MORE is about.
I showed my husband the article...he thinks MJ is his girlfriend...In fact I teasingly call her 'the girlfriend' when I am talking to him about her. He brought her some garlic from...huummm...well, I can't remember where it was. He got it from a gal who is a flight attendant and she brought it from another country. So when we went down to the FARM for FARMFAIR he took it to MJ.
I got our pic together again at the Past Blessing Show this last weekend...need to get them posted on my blog and on here...Maybe tomorrow.
The show was very busy for me and I am exhausted! So took a couple of days to do stuff around my house that had been neglected...now it is time to get my blog up to date.
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  05:44:30 AM  Show Profile
in response to the article AND my opinion on it; just because I happen to have my own thoughts & they may not be the same as MJ or other girls on here doesn't mean I no longer respect or like MJ. BUT I am allowed to have my own thoughts. Everyone doesn't agree w/ everyone all the time. I didnt like the article at all and it's ok that I didn't. I don't have to think like MJ or anyone else. Like I said in my earlier post, I have learned & will keep learning things from her but I don't always have to agree or like something she writes or says. So please for the person who wrote me the nasty e-mail concerning this, if it happens again I will say who you are & hopefully we can still express ourselves without being attacked for having our own thoughts or I am in the wrong place.

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  06:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Now girls, lets play nicely. Life is too short, as I have been reminded very recently, to bicker over "opinions". That is just what they are. And we all know what opinions are like!!! This is a great place with all sorts of farmgirls in vast varying degrees of "farminess". If you cant learn something from being here, well...I dont know what to say to that. But we all MUST have our own thoughts...that's what makes us all so valuable to each other. I personally have GREAT regard for MaryJane (and the rest of her crew and family) but, then I have met her personally, shared a meal, talked business, religion, children, farming, media...we covered a lot of ground in a short period. I can tell you - MaryJane is the real deal. She is warm, and genuine, funny and has an amazing sense of purpose. I wish her all the success - my only regret is that I dont live where I can apply for the next opening at the farm. As much as I have always loved being at home, I would love to work and learn along side those blessed enough to have the commitment to bring us MaryJanesFarm and all it has to offer.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  06:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Susan, you are right but AGAIN I feel I must defend what I said. I NEVER said MJ wasn't the real deal, wasn't warm etc. I simply said "I" didnt like the article, "I" didnt! My feeling on the article doesnt mean I don't like MJ. I simply said how I felt about an article. I don't think MJ wants MJ clones around her or people who think & feel exactly like she does. I had an opinion, I voiced it. End of discussion for me!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Congratulations to MaryJane! She's in MORE Mag! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page