Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's cleaning time... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  08:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well, as we head into summer and another week closer to moving to Texas, I got a junk busting bug. I emptied out the deep freeze, putting what was left into the small freezer, cleaned out the can goods (lots of expired stuff, oh MY!!), 3 trash bags of stuff later, the kitchen was done. Now I just have to clean and reorganize what is left.

Then it was off to the bedroom. We sold the bedroom set and I had to clean out the drawers, so I bought some colorful bins for the closet to store out t-shirts, bathing suits and lost winter items. Very pretty to open up the closet and see such color. I also am going to sort through my clothes one more time when DS goes down for his nap.

I got the pile off the washer of stuff I have found over the past 2 weeks into a bag finally for donation. It is almost filled. YIPEEE!!!

Tomorrow, I am tackling THE PAPER PILE!! (insert scary music here)
SHRED SHRED SHRED!! is the idea.

Feels good to lighten the load before going to Texas and be somewhat clued into where things are. YEAH!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  09:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I find cleaning out is cleansing to the soul. I am getting some things in order for a friend who is having a garage sale to raise money for the Susan G Komen 3-Day.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.firehousesoapcompany.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  09:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
That is so nice Beth. Wish I live closer, I would give you all my junk!! : )

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  2:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Heather - doesn't clearing out and cleaning up just "feel" good? I love it - I can just imagine how good you feel in your kitchen now...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  2:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well the counters are a bit piled still since I pulled EVERYTHING out. I am going to list about 5 appliances in a group on Craigslist. Hoping someone who needs to furnish a kitchen will bite. I am also eliminating all the bad food as I woke up today tired of being tired, overweight, depressed, etc. I am going to make a list for the store tomorrow but I did eat a nice avacado and some watermelon for lunch. YUMM!!!!

I bought some new summer dresses, all cotton, so I had to make some room and I noticed I had 5-6 things I kept washing but never really wearing. Out they go.

I am also trying to get what we are taking to Texas down to a smaller truck than the last time we moved and I think we can do it. Just a little more fine tooth combing.

YIPPEEE!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  3:42:25 PM  Show Profile
What an exciting time for you! Downsizing and consciously choosing what to own and purchase is so empowering. I can't wait until I have some free time soon to go through my paper junk-- there are piles and piles of stuff from 6 months on our desk just begging to be shred and dealt with... I'll feel so much better once it's gone.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  3:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Good for you! You have inspired me to do some de-cluttering...again. We made a move 1 1/2 years ago and it was wonderful coming to the new home with less. Need to do it again! I shall start with my closet tomorrow!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I've been having to clean at night at DS goes to bed as DH was called up to fly to Hawaii and ride on of the ship's back. For 8 days, I only have time to do things at night but it is nice without DH in the way!! LOL Tonight, I am bringing everything from my closet downstairs to try on.

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
When you finish, will you come to my house? I'm trying, but it's not going too fast. Still have boxes and boxes of paperwork of mothers and don't dare toss anything without looking. Daughter and I found several hundred $$$ all over her place when we packed her tiny Palm Springs place. I found a crisp $50 bill in a letter from a lady she knew in Japan, so no telling what else. Oh, the good jewelry is mixed in with the costume, so have to sort that carefully.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  6:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love cleaning out things and organizing my house. I desperatly need to do the same. For a while there Doug and I were moving every year (renting is a pain) but we finally found an apartment to stay in for a while. This is the first year we haven't moved since we moved up here in 2002. We did get rid of a bunch of stuff in preperation for the baby though. Now I just need to organize...

Alee
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  6:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ronna- I would if I could!! I love to clean out and organize. I used to do this as a living- cleaning out homes when say someone older moves out or a person passes away. Sometimes, it helped the family to have someone else do the "grease" work.

I am trying to be as organize and light as I can before we leave for Texas....

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  6:52:31 PM  Show Profile
I love to declutter. I'm an oranization freak. I love that show;
Mission Organization. Congrats on the declutter job!

miles of smiles~
Peg
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks- Today was quite productive. I packaged up some books to sell, mailed off some paperwork for both me and my DH's schools, swept and washed all the floors. I have several more books to package up for the bookstore and I never got around to the clothes, so I might work on that.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's cleaning time... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page