Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  7:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone working on any stitching projects right now?

I know it's hard to get enough time to get our plants and gardens tended to and enjoy the nice summer/spring weather and work on our stitching!!

I am still working on my Marjolein Bastin The Four Seasons Cross stitch. You can see my progress on my blog. I also have a few secret small projects I am working on for trades!

I tend to stitch either late at night or early morning before I go to work in the summer time. Does your stitching routine change with the seasons??

Happy Stitching

~~Bridge's Blog~~

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  7:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bridge,,,,
I wish I could say I have -1- cross stitch project that I am working on, but if truth be known,,,I have about 5 going right now. I keep different x-stitch projects in gallon zip bags and leave them everywhere, work, car, grab-n-tote bags, etc. That whey when I have a bit of time to spare or am waiting for an appointment I can pull it out and get a few stitches done.
I also keep a small project in my desk drawer at work, at lunch I would go sit on the patio to eat & stitch, but I would get a ton of interruptions so I just haven't finished that one.
My favorite time to stitch is in the winter in the evening, as well as when my hubbie & I are traveleing, I stitch while he drives. Thank goodness I don't get motion sickness.
I luv Marjolein Bastin's nature sketches. She is awesome! I'll have to check her out on your blog.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  8:02:08 PM  Show Profile
wow, it is wonderful.
Is it on even weave or aida? 11/14 or 18ct?

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  04:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I keep a small drawstring bag with an embroidery project in my tote bag. I ahve also been keeping a ziplock bag with yo-yos i nmy tote bag. I work on them while waiting during library class time or baton twirling class time and at night.

I seem to sew by machine late at night or very early morning. It's hard to sew when the weather is so good!!! But, I feel the most motivated at this time of year. It's Ok to switch where the energy goes-flowes, gardening, walking, being outside and socailizing. I know I wil lget more projects done come fall.

I like to bring a sewing project or two with me when we go camping. The no computer or phone thing really relaxes me. I like to stitch outside while sittign in a folding chair.

Summer is coming and it is so refrshing to be outside again.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  06:00:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on yo-yos and working on the plate savers that is in Mary Jane's stitching room. I try to work on them late in the afternoons after I get everything done. I also worked on some things this past weekend when we went camping while DH was running trout lines.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  2:24:21 PM  Show Profile
I agree stitching is so relaxing!! I also keep stitching in my desk at work to try and work on on breaks and lunches, but usually someone says whatcha working on and that is the end of productivity for that break!! :)

My Marjolein Bastin Four Seasons is done on 16ct aida.

I seen in a sewing magazine that I was browsing that they had created a scarf from yo's it was really cute! I have some yo's from a swap a while back. I may try that.

There is a link on my blog to a group that we have for stitchers, feel free to take a look.

Happy Stitching,

~~Bridge's Blog~~
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile
I have a pinafore apron still on my sewing machine.
I had to re-make a jean skirt I had. It was draw string. I oreded 2 sizes down. They sent me 2 sizes up Ha so then I had to redo that and take the pockets out . I put wide elastic in it and re-sewed it in and took the sides up. Now I have a new skirt ha.
Also had to cut off and hem my jeans . They were suppose to be petite? yea -- I could have made another pair of pants Thee hee. That is what I get for being short I reckon. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  4:22:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm currently working on an astral lions cross stitch after way too much time away from it. Here's the kit - http://www.plunderhere.com/auction/cgi-bin/auction/view?cmd=view&listingID=187106 I picked it up a few years ago for $1 on clearance at a Hobby Lobby where we were vacationing. I have 3 other kits I bought at the same time (all on clearance for $1) so I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

http://naturalpaths.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  4:38:43 PM  Show Profile
I always have a few things going. I have an apron to sew up, two quilts going, a clothespin bag that I am embroidering and socks I am knitting. And always a dishcloth I am knitting that lives in the car (I keep needles and a couple balls of cotton yarn in a tote in there for when I have to wait or something.
I with I could limit my stitching to one project at a time..never have managed that!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  5:42:03 PM  Show Profile
I have several projects going (some for YEARS, ha ha) and now I'm doing yo yos and making the baby smock apron for two special babies. I love your work, Bridge. Isn't it interesting how actually seeing a design stitched makes all the difference. Stu always kids me about "project number 93Q" when I pick up a new one.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  7:13:02 PM  Show Profile
I am working on an apron and 3 pot holders for my MIL for Christmas. Then I have a quilt in the works and a couple tea towels.Good Luck with your new group.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  11:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Right now all of my sewing EVERYTHING is in the middle of the family room, stacked & piled up, while we remodel the rec. room into 2 rooms, office & sewing. It's so frustrating because I am used to having it all organized & set up. But I get to redo it & that will be fun. Besides it's gardening time & the garden will be all in this week. Yeah!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm getting to embroider my first dish towel! I like the idea of carrying stitching with you. There are so many times that I'm waiting at the doctor's office, etc and I wish I had something to do except look at copies of 5 years old magazines! I'm also going to work on more knitted facecloths plus fabric flower pins.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I have to go to the Diabetic doctor., the pain doctor and my family doctor really often.
Plus , I take my Mom out every week to do her errands and shopping.
I always take a personal cd-player, book I am reading knitting crocheting or what ever I am doing by hand with me.
I hate waiting and not having anything to do.
I have knitted and crocheted to many dishcloths that way thet I am dishcolth out. Ha.
I give them for gifts and use them myself. Pinkroses ( Sheila)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Last year I did about 84,000 knitted dish cloths during little league season. I know what you mean about not having things to do while waiting. I keep a car book, car knitting project, plus stuff in my tote bag/purse too. Kay..fabric flower pins??? lets see them! They sound cute!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  5:44:50 PM  Show Profile
I luv those little $1 cross stitch kits that can beubought at Joanns - Michaels or Wally World. They are perfect to tuck into a purse to have something to do when you find yourself unexpectedly waiting or sitting around....

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 25 2007 5:45:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:17:09 PM  Show Profile
84,000!! That must have been one LONG little league season! LOL
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  8:25:16 PM  Show Profile
I going to print off the instructions for MJ hairwraps. That should be compact for travel & cute.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am currently working on:

Hemming Diapers (on going project)

and I am dreaming of

Making a Jean quilt
Making an apron

and I have a counted cross stitch that is just waiting for me to finish it one of these days. Or rather I should say that it is waiting for me to re-start it. I think I only have about a 1 inch by 2 in square done on a 8x11 sized canvas!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  01:18:27 AM  Show Profile
Right now I have Tea Towels in progress,2 quilts that need to be quilted and 5 dresses for summer so far...and probably some other stuff that is tucked away in some long lost Tote Bag somewhere in my sewing room....When I clean it up, I find a mulitude of wonders to work on and complete...

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  6:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! You girls are busy. I have just finished the bathroom curtains and am going to sew an apron tomorrow. I've been doing some embroidery on tea towels and have 2 done. I got some Aunt Martha transfers and I think I'll embroider the pockets to put on my apron and make it look old.

I have several cross stitch projects started that I plan to work on in the evenings outside. I just can't see them inside as well even with the OTT Lite. I'm determined to finish the ones I started,but then it is going to have to be printed embroidery from here on out.
I have taken cross stitch to do @ lunch.But was told it looked "bad" for me to sit and do it. The superviser might come in and think I'm not doing my job. I don't get it! I'm on my break, and I'm not in sight of the Patients or their visitors. The others employees can read,but I can't sew.
My Grandma never went anywhere without some kind of sewing or embroidery with her. Have you ever heard the saying,"Idle hands are the Devil's workshop"? That's what she used to say.

Sew on Girls!!!!

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  10:47:59 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who has a gazzilion projects going at the same time. I'm just learning (teaching myself) cross stitch, have a rag rug I'm crocheting, sewing a little sun dress for my granddaughter, I'm learning how to weave on a ridged hedle loom, knitting an afghan for my son and his fiance as part of their wedding gift, and I'm always knitting/crocheting dish rags as well. I agree, you have to bring something along when you visit the doctors office.

I don't know about you all, but I really feel good about being so creative and making something by hand for myself or as a gift.

Peace and love to all,
Annie

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Summer Stitching Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page