G-G
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Venessa
Eureka Montana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  1:22:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited to find this site. I don't normally participate in chat groups, but this one seems to be a fantastic place to hang out! I had to "go to town" last week - about an hour and 15 min. away and while there, I stopped in a bookstore to browse. Luckily for me I came across Mary Jane's book. When I got to the check out counter and the cashier asked me if I had found what I was looking for, I had to grin and enthusiastically nod my head! We spent this holiday weekend "camping out" and I was able to luxuriously lie under the pine trees and feast on that book. What fun! My husband had to go out of town for his work, and so my two teenage daughters and I set up our tent about 400 yards from our house -- down in a ravine so we couldn't see the house from the campsite. That way, we felt like we were on vacation, but we were still here to take care of the garden and chickens. Well, I didn't mean to rattle on so. Just wanted to introduce myself - and got a little carried away! Hee! Hee!
Have a great week!
Venessa
(G-G is the name my precious 3 yr/old granddaughter calls me.

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  5:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa! Glad you found us!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  10:46:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa you sound great!!! What a fun little camping trip you and your girls had!!
I have an almost 3 year old grandaughter too...and she calls me (of all things) "Gaggy". I don't know where she got it, but thats who I am. I think G-G sounds a little nicer.haha

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2005 :  11:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa,
I am so excited about you being on this list. I am very familiar with Eureka, Mt.We have been going there for 3 years now and love it. We will be there the first week of August for the quilt show and our vacation.We are hoping to move there if all works out for us. Anyway I would love to meet up with you when we get there. Email me privately if you are interested.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  05:16:20 AM  Show Profile
welcome Vanessa, glad to have you with us. Isn't the "book" great?What a great way to share & spend time with your daughters. Glad to have you with us. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  05:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Venessa - My two and 1/2 year old granddaughter calls me Nana. I love to hear her little voice say that word.

I love Montana. I look forward to hearing about your life in your farm there. Sounds like you are a "far piece" from town! I want to hear more about what life is like there for you and your family.

Oh, and this is the only place I have ever "chatted", too. I always thought it was iffy, but I post up a storm here!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 08 2005 11:44:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  08:50:01 AM  Show Profile
A warm welcome from Oregon Vanessa! Enjoy your stay here....there is a great group of farmgirls here to learn and share with.

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

G-G
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Venessa
Eureka Montana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  08:16:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the "warm welcomes". I hope the weather where you live has been as wonderful as what we've been having! I love the days when its so pleasant outside you just don't want to be indoors. Have a great weekend!
Venessa
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa! I love your name, and the name your grandchild gave you! You will love it here! This is the first chat room I ever joined, and as you can see by the number of posts I have made I am hooked! Montana is such a beautiful state! Looking forward to hearing more about your life there! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html

Edited by - MeadowLark on Jul 08 2005 10:42:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

cheryl sisk
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

cheryl
darien wi
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  4:24:46 PM  Show Profile
hi gald to meet someone for montana love to here about daily life there cheryl of s.e. wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  07:06:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Vanessa....

My favorite state! If I could move anywhere Montana would be the place. I used to have plates on my car that said MTBOUND... someday I'll get there :) Welcome to this wonderful group of gals with a lot of great ideas and fun chats!

Julie from North Central Wisconsin

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  07:14:41 AM  Show Profile
hi all im new at this so forgive me,i just messed up was trying to tell westernhorse51 that i was from her area but devlepers are to busy up there, have since moved south.more land for your money. ilove this chat room people sound just like me. i thought i was alone. you all are great i am so glad i found all of you .ps welcom venessa.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  08:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa! I too am hooked on this board, can't get enough of all these wonderful ladies!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  2:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Venessa! Hopefully will find lots of useful information and make lots of new friends here.

Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  08:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Venessa! I am so hooked on this board! I had major withdrawal on vacation!!!! No computer! :(

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings from Montana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page