Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Another Newbie from Arkansas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another Newbie from Arkansas Next Topic  

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  06:02:12 AM  Show Profile
I just found Mary Jane's magazine the other day at the book store. What a delight! Dh and I moved from Dallas to Arkansas 3 years ago after he was laid off from his job. I had dreamed of living in this area for 20 years and we finally took the plunge and did it. We have 13 acres of woods. Just got the garden going this year and we are building the chicken coop now. I am a nurse and I also do pottery. We tackled building a house------just the 2 of us and it still doesn't even have the siding on yet. I've looked at Tyvek for so long, it is looking natural to me. Certainly an ongoing project that is pay as you go!

So glad I found Mary Jane's Farm and this site. There is so much I know I will learn from all of you.

Believe in the power of your dreams

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  07:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Charlie! Welcome to the board!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  07:53:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlee.... nice to meet you! You'll have lot's of fun on this site! Everyone here is very nice. You do pottery? Great! My sisters husband is a potter who works for Rowe Pottery in Cambridge Wisconsin.... he makes beautiful pieces... what a neat talent! Have fun building your coop... we spent way too much money on ours... it's kind of addicting building those things... our chickens live better than we do LOL :) Good luck with the house too :) What a wonderful thing to live your dream! Good for you!

Take care, Julie

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to FarmGirlConnection. Kansas native here. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  07:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlee! You have to tell us more of building your home. Where did you reside while building it?

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another Newbie from Arkansas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page