Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Very Cute Apron Naomi!

E-

BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:40:38 PM  Show Profile
haha, thanks E...btw...you arent old....dunno why you say you are...yeesh

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9365 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9365 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:44:43 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
Your apron is so cute!
You girls are giving me lots of reading material tonight. I think I finally got caught up. This the first chance I have had to get on the forum today and I will be busy all day tomorrow. I'll probably have to get caught up again after all you night owls post.
I haven't had a chance to even look at my apron patterns in weeks. To much going on here. I need to get moving for my Christmas gifts will never get done this way.
I love the reversible aprons. I was wondering though how you put the ties on with out the seams where they are connected showing?
Keep up the posts gives me lots to read in the evenings. Don't know how you all have time to sew aprons and post on here and get your work done too! Can't seem to get enough time in my day. How do you do it?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hello this is Linda in PA. I know I haven't posted an apron pic yet, but I am an apron maker and collector and pattern finder. I feel like my posts are not getting noticed. Just wanted to say hey! does a gal have to have a blog with a link to get counted as part of this group??
Currently I am exchanging vintage patterns with Aunt George, sent an apron I made to Stephanie and also apron pockets to swap. I just found another vintage apron pattern that I want to share...but it needs size adjusted up from a size 10. It is very unusual but I think we'd enjoy it.
I hope I am not invisible!

Jesus is a feminist! Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
really love Naomi's version of the wrap...the artistic arrangement of fabric colors is great. I can't wait to get my pattern. It does look easy to make and to wear.
Linda in PA
I AM HERE!!

Jesus is a feminist! Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Linda hey girl, cool that you have found vintage apron patterns and that you share. Ya don't need a blog, the subjects just fly on here. I have a tough time just keeping up.
Okay, laugh all you want I make notes to remember what I wanted to post cause smetimes it is 5 pages and I can't remember!!!!!!!!! Yep that would be me, brain f**t........
Surprize, I am actually sewing on a apron, no you all may not fall over and faint!!!!!!
Now all I have to do is learn how to post a picture when I am done. LOL

Enjoying life.

Edited by - Carol Sue on Aug 24 2007 8:21:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9365 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9365 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  8:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Carol Sue can't wait to see your apron.
Linda, it is so nice of you to share your vintage apron patterns. I love everything vintage. My kids think I was born in the wrong time. I don't think so just really enjoy things from the past. People really appreciated what they had in those times. Would love to pictures of your aprons.
Denise

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Linda, post pictures!
and you dont blab enough.. you have 59 posts.

E-

BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  8:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

I saw you pop in around 4am several days ago...I was just getting in bed These ladies talk up a storm so just jump in the middle and go for a ride...LOL

I'm so excited about the Artful Apron Swap I've got going and received your pockets and apron...I'm waiting for a few more to show up before mailing them out for us to embellish further.

I've been in the dentist chair or at the Chiropractor or doing some work this week and haven't been able to post much..I'm like Carol Sue...gotta try to remember everything and who I want to comment on

You are not invisible!! Don't want you to feel like you are either You are welcome to hang out and play!!!

See you soon! Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Aug 24 2007 8:49:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  9:06:26 PM  Show Profile
Calamity, those are cool!

I really like that wrap one too...

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  11:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Nash, when are we going to see some more aprons out of you?

BTW the hand apron that Georgann is talking about of Calamity Kims Rocks! I love the palm reader hands!

E-

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  12:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Kim,

I just love the little "designer dress towels" over at your blog..I've got to make some of those for Christmas presents!! Too too cute

And to anyone reading this that wondered what the heck I meant when I started my Artful Apron Challenge and Swap just look at Kim's collage aprons..They are a shining example of what I was trying to get across to folks

I'll have to post a link to Kim's aprons on my topic for the apron swap.

Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/artfulapronswap.html

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  07:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Well..Linda..you do not need to feel left out bae..we just do not know you too well yet sweetie...but i have seen you are a halloween swappin monster!!! Sunshines swap and mini's...you go girl and post us osme pics and Elizabeth is right...start blabbing girl...we arent ignoring you..we do not do that...c'mon girl get to blabbing..we know you got it in ya..you are female..that is what we are here for..and the more we blab to each other the less our husband's have to listen to it...right Carol Sue..you have to remember, alot of us have known each other for a long time, or knew each other before jumping in on the farm. Oh, and after you swap a few times people will get more comfy with you sweetie!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile
oh, and carol sue...i have not been on since like 5 last night...I missed your 1000 post sweetie!!! you have really been blabbing...congrats babe!!
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  08:00:32 AM  Show Profile
kim i love your aprons! and welcome!

linda i know how you feel. at one point i felt like not only was i overlooked, but i felt like my posts would end threads but i agree, you just have to jump in sometimes, because these ladies can get on a roll! glad you are here!

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Linda(yarnmamma),Pleez pleez post pics of the vintage patterns!!! I love to see vintage patterns! So glad to hear you're trading with Georgann, 'cause then we get to see what she does with them (the "pattern modifying goddess" that she is!)

Denise(levisgrammy)~caffeine, that's the secret to our success. Buckets of coffee, tea, sodie pop~whatever gets us revved.('cept for Jessica, she has a wind-up mechanism implanted)

Naomi~I love that pattern! why didn't I ask for it??!! **smacks forehead** Oh, and Elizabeth is "old". I was "old" at 40 too, but all that changed when I hit 50, then you just start counting over See what ya alls have to look forward to!

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group

Edited by - Bonne on Aug 25 2007 10:12:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Yep, this is an "Apron Support Group" The more you make the better you feel!!! Just ask then!!! Most make the headline everyday or two with one...ok,

Jess, I'm still trying to digest 19 aprons cut out in an evening..you are a cutting machine

I went back to the Chiropractor yesterday and I feel so much better. The dentist visit was fine. I found a lady dentist that gives "happy gas" while they work..Gotta have a crown put on the broken tooth But the good news is that their crown prices were almost $200 less than what I paid 2 years ago....guess it just depends on where you are living.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Tell her Bonne,

I think I felt old at 40 too but now that I'm almost 50 it's a different story. I feel much younger and not growing old gracefully either...gonna round that final curve totally exhausted, used up, broom with several cracks in it, screaming "what a ride"

Georgann, Thank you for adding your name to the Artful Apron Swap!!!! I've been watching you pump them out right and left hoping you would join You are a designing woman at heart!!

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Wo was asking about attaching the ties and neck strap to reversible aprons...we are going along so fast here no one has answered her question..okay my dear...do this...sew your neck piece, your straps(ties), and your pockets...right sides together, turn them do all your top stitching..blah blah blah...okay, now take your apron front, lay one side down, pin your neck, and tie straps to that one piece, right sides together..pin them in place...make sure you are not going to sew over them...then pin the other apron front with right sides together to your sandwich...sew all around it making sure you catch both ends of your neck piece, and both strap ties in your seam...leave an opening for turning...reach inside pull it out ...shake a few times and voila!!! Then lay it out flat and top stitch all around it all pretty you know...then pin your pockets on...I always do mine on both sides in the same place so I only have to sew it on once, but you can do it first if you want, before you sew your 2 fronts together, so the back stitching is hidden if you want your pockets in different places! Just remember to reinforce your pockets!! Okay does that make sense? HOpefully...that is how I do it!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Okay..so I brought my new old treadle home this morning...boy is it beautiful..off to pick up the belt.

Havent sewn as much as I wanted last night and today..stayed up til 4: 30 am talkin to my mom who is in for a visit.

But, I did manage to sew up 3 aprons that are reversible. Wanna see pics? These are very very simple functional lightweight aprons, nothing fancy...but my favorite for actually doing the job!

Mybe my next ones I will do on the new treadle!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie....one question. I have an apron ready for the swap and artsying up. It is a blank slate.....are we to art it up before sending it? They the next person adds more? Or do I just send it as a blank slate? I decided to send the peach muslin 1949/Bonne apron for the swap and decoration?

I'm embellishing artsing up my blue jean cowgirl work apron for the challenge like you suggested.

Bonne....do you want a copy of the wrap apron?

OH AND IF ANYONE WHO EMAILED ME WANTING THE APRON DOESN'T GET IT BY MONDAY, PLEASE EMAIL ME AGAIN. I THINK I MISSED SOMEONE AND WILL GET IT OUT TO YOU!! THEY ALL WENT OUT ON THE SAME DAY.

I'm working on some aprons today. Got a secret one in the works right now. I saw an antique apron, and am trying to work out the pattern on the table....................

KTKnits....yours is still in the works too!!!

AND........I spent about a half hour crying from the love I received in the mail yesterday. I couldn't figure out for the life of me, why I was getting a package from Kathie in Florida..........then I opened it and bawled my eyes out........in it were the most exquisite and lovingly made mini aprons and wonderful notes...........I am so humbled and discombobulated today over this. I don't really know what I have ever done to be thought of in such loving terms.......thank you friends. I tied them all together in a garland and will be hanging them soon and will post a photo of them. I have an idea of how to display them so ya'll can see and enjoy my apron treasure!!

G
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://thefabricho.blogspot.com/
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:29:21 AM  Show Profile
we all love you george!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Georgann,,

About the apron...
You max it out however you want it to look before mailing to me and then the next person adds even more. Then when it comes back to me you will get your original back totally maxed out with adornments! It can then be a "display piece" or put that baby on and ROCK!!!

Oh...goodie, yes, send me as many pictures of your aprons that you want to add to the Challenge gallery...I'll be putting them in the Artful Apron Gallery over at my website and also have the link to the gallery from my blog.

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  12:11:46 PM  Show Profile
Y'all gotta look at this vintage sewing box!

http://cgi.ebay.com/OOAK-VINTAGE-SEWING-BOX-WITCHES-BLACK-CATS-MOUSE-ART_W0QQitemZ280145580122QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's from the 50 or 60's..

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9365 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9365 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  1:23:27 PM  Show Profile
Bonne,
Thanks for the tip. I am usually a tea drinker but splurged and drank a cappucino last night so was up till midnight reading the posts. lol

Jess,
Thanks for the tips on the ties. I thought I saw ruffles around one of those reversible aprons and I just couldn't figure ouut how binding or a ruffle was put on with the ties on there.
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page