Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Stephanie, here is the little guy...my granddog....I guess that makes me the grandbi___!

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:52:16 PM  Show Profile
BEV!.....hahahahahaha...way cute dog....

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  5:17:08 PM  Show Profile
Yea, back and have caught up the reading. Wow girls you have been busy. I love reading this thread. Doc appt good, she listens, I like that. Off the one med to see if that is what is recking havoc with my muscles and the brusiing. Got a blood draw and home again.
Then read like crazy.....
Bonnie cute apron girlfriend
Bev- LMBO I wanna go to OHIO, still laughing, sorry about Sadie, hugs to you and her
Jess- you do what your heart tells you, they will love it, who carees what the in-laws think, what do they really know anyway!
Stephanie, girl take care of that back.
Okay, I am getting water and thinking about aprons. hmmmmmm
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  6:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Last post for me tonight.....going to bed. Just finished this one. I love the fabric. It is by April Cornell.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:04:08 PM  Show Profile
the pockets are great
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Bev, that little dog is too cute... as far as the apron! You are a goddess... I'm not worthy,I'm not worthy!!!(remember Wayne's World!!)LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:18:39 PM  Show Profile
love the colors/fabric/all of it...:P

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Bev, another beautiful apron! Love the fabric!

Btw Cute Cute Pups!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Do Yorkies really get cold and need sweaters?? My kids have been trying to convince me to get one...and name it Pixie...and at the same time get a Great Pyrenees and name it Avalanche. I even had a dream about the 2 of them playing in our yard. Some one told me if I got a Yorkie I would need to take it frequently to the groomer and get its anal gland squeezed other wise it would smell awful...?..I know nothing about dogs...is this true? Okay...yuck...we need to get back to the aprons!
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile
What really irks me about Jess having 7 kids is her slim figure!!! I had one and it took 2 yrs to take off the extra poundage. Can't wait to be a granny though...........maybe a few years.

I got a huge box today from my friend in MA that works here~http://www.fabricadabra.us/Visitourstore.html It was crammed with fabric samples and some full lengths of fabrics. Lots I could use for apron pockets or sturdy patchwork projects like totes. It was a surprise (for "our" Birthdays, as we have the same birthday) LOL
I'm going to take a look through it all and see what I want to keep and what I'm willing to share.

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  8:41:01 PM  Show Profile
okay Bonne...hush...I am bigger now than I have ever been! I run around all day like a headless chicken...and eat table scraps..just like the chickens..bawwk!bawwk!!

and we have all seen you...you look fabulous dahling!!!

what to do with all those samples? What to do what to do? oh you are going to have fun with that box!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess,

I groom Miss Morgan myself. I keep her cut in what I call the "lion" cut. All of her body is cut short short and then all of the hair on her head and little chest area is very long. It cut down alot on the grooming..The anal gland can be cleaned every few months if you notice an ongoing smell. I haven't had any trouble with it.

Miss Morgan wears her diaper all the time and of course is always cleaned well after each changing so she never smells bad...With there being a tail opening it allows her to do her "tootsie roll" business, as I call it. She always goes to the same spot for that and I just scoop it up and flush it. She doesn't go outside at all unless we are taking a trip somewhere then she's in the car or in my arms.

I fought ear mites for months after getting her home and there are stray dogs that run through here so I knew that I'd be fighting a flea problem as well if I let her run through the yard. She has the run of the house and plays with everything inside and has tuffets everywhere for watching out the sunroom windows to do "squirrel patrol".

They are fragile and as cold as it gets up here and with the short hair cut she really does need her sweaters once the cold sets in I can put one of those crocheted sweaters on her and she just sighs and snuggles up

The ones that weigh 8 pounds are probably a bit more "hardy" than the these smaller ones. She is like owning a "live baby doll" that likes to be dressed..LOL

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:04:03 PM  Show Profile
The Chiropractor is great! I've thrown out my hip and lower back. So it settled in my butt and radiated down my thigh. So now 20 minutes of ice or and then off.

Yesterday I was in Chattanooga and was sampling goodies out of those bulk bins of crackers, snacks, nuts, etc...Well, curious me just had to taste a "wasabi peanut". It was a kind of hard outer shell and quite spicy. When I started chewing it up I realized something wasn't right...something very hard..well about that time one of the clerks walks up to see if she can help me and I had to swallow before I could speak...OMG that stupid nut had hit a bottom moler tooth and broke off a section of it down to the gum!!!

So now on Friday I have a 2pm Dentist appointment and then at 5pm I have another Chiropractor appointment...Give me a break! I am a total coward at the dentist and will not go unless they have "gas"...LOL Go to lala land while they do their thing. So I guess the Chiroprator will have to undo my stress from the Dentist.

I'm miserable trying to sit here at the computer and the work I have going on right now requires me to sit at the computer..But I think afer a few more adjustments I'll be much better.

I finally bought some Melatonin to see if it will help me get my sleeping patterns adjusted. I have insomnia so bad that I now stay up most of the night and get in bed around 5am. I really need to get it reversed so I can get to the stores I need to when they are open!!! I really like the night time and wish that there was an "alter universe" that catered to us night owls...LOL Anyway, has anyone used Melatonin before??

Well I guess that pretty much sums up my past two days..LOL I need some sleep!

Bev, love your newest apron. The yorkie guy is cute! And grandbi___!...RITFLOL LOL

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Yes, that grandbi___ was hilarious I think!!!! Good one Bev...

Stephanie...I love night, so calm and quiet and dark..i am such a night owl, wish the kids liked to sleep in, would make it much easier on me...but who needs sleep anyway?!!! I am having a cutting marathon tonight!! I have a lot of aprons to finish up and there are some very dear farmgirls out there just waiting for my packages. i taped up 5 packages tonight and have 1/2 dozen more sitting with addresses on them, just waiting to be filled.

HOpe you find lots of help adjusting your sleep schedule...my Dad had that problem come up and he actually had to force himself into a schedule of sleep and awake..and walk just before bed...short distances at first, then long long distances...worked for him. Good luck!! And I realize you are female, not male, so whole different set of things goin on there!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Aug 22 2007 10:16:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  10:31:31 PM  Show Profile
ok stephanie...my daughter has been bugging me to go to your blog and see what you posted about our little package we sent you ... I can never find it...she swears she read somewhere that you put stuff on your blog about it...so tonight I swear... i just read through everything i could click on, cannot find it, and i really want to find it so she will be satisfied and stop flipping out about it..i love her but she can certainly be intense sometimes. Let me know...jess
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  11:00:27 PM  Show Profile
good night girls...mission accomplished...cut out 19 full reversible aprons tonight! now...how many can i get sewn up by tomorrow night? hmmmmm.....???????
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  11:10:52 PM  Show Profile
19 aprons?...and reversible at that!good golly woman! das alot!

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  11:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, on Here's to your health under the topic Depression they were talking about sleep patterns and melatonin, I think on the 2nd page. Alee uses it when she needs to.
Okay, smarty pants Miss Juice.....19, good grief girl, I am lucky if I can get one cut out in a week or more....are you just showing off girl....lol
I admire your energy, can you share some?
Trying to head for bed and get that much needed sleep. Want to sew some before some errands. Night....Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  11:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Ok, after checking out Georganns Fabric Ho blog...which speaks to me.... I was inspired to hang my fabrics.... just the ones that I have more than a yard of. Wow I have a lot of fabric... and was able to empty 2 bins. If I get rid of my old business suits, I will have more room to hang more fabrics. I will be working on the linens I have stashed.... then maybe the silks. If I empty the whole closet of clothes... I may be able to make a lot more room for more treadle machines and fabric of course.

Naomi, email me about the brown rose fabric BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com

Jess I am sending the Lemon Pie companion fabric in your swap box.... unless you need it sooner.

Does any one have the MJF No Frills Frilly Apron? Does it fit as universally well as the farmgirl apron? How much fabric does it take? How much does the ruffle take? How easily can you pop those suckers out? I have a ton of not quite a yard pieces of fabric that I totally love.... and I am looking for a cute easy half apron pattern... Yep this would be for gifts.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:02:23 AM  Show Profile
I'll email you in the morn E...heading to bed...2 o'clock...gotta stop the night owl stuff myself....haha...but i get inspired at midnight...and seem to get lots more done....hahaa
sent myself your email addy...so i wont forget...haha
~Naomi~

Edited by - Naomi Michelle on Aug 23 2007 12:03:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  01:04:21 AM  Show Profile
I posted these out on a topic but just in case you miss that you gotta see this cute little felt pumpkins

http://www.patternbee.com/FREEPUMPKINS.html

I thought they would also be cute as "pumpkin yo-yo's"

Stephanie

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Aug 23 2007 01:06:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  02:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, you guys were night owls again last night!

On the melatonin question.....menopause (onset 1 1/2 years ago) caused quite a bad bout of insomnia for me.....Melatonin cured it!!!! I suggested it for my sil and it cured her's too. I LOVE Melatonin.

My daughter's Yorkie is a teacup yorkie....weighs in at 3 lbs. and is really affected by the cold....so it wears clothes all winter long.

Anal glands......it is hard to predict what breed will have trouble with their glands getting full.....my 130 lb Newfie has problems with smelly glands and needs to have them emptied about once a month! YUCKYYYYYYYY! Sadie never has that problem.

Stephanie....hope you're feeling better really soon.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  04:50:14 AM  Show Profile
Melatonin caused severe depression in me, so I can't take it, but when I was, it was wonderful for sleep!!

I have sleep problems since the big menopause set in. I guess I just don't need as much sleep as I age.

Oh, I loaded an apron gallery of my aprons on my fabric ho blog. If you'd like to see it, scroll down below The Fabric Diaries in the right column. There are three blank areas, click in the middle of each for a moving slide show of my aprons. These galleries don't have all of them in it, but I was really surprised by how many there were. I've got a couple on the cutting table this morning too!! Took the tabbard pattern off of the Hancock Issued tabbard I received at work!! It is actually designed for we rather robust farmgirls!! lOL

Later!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://thefabricho.blogspot.com/
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  06:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Georgann, your apron gallery is amazing!
I wonder if there is such a thing as Apron Museums? ROFL!
Hubby brought home a flyer from work. They're having an "ol' Fashioned Social"
today at work. Says: "Guy and Dolls get a $1 off if you wear your favorite apron."
I tried to get him to bring one of my latest creations, but he opted for a basic denim style.
I thought he was more of an extrovert! He did try on the one Georgann sent me( private showing) LOL. With his long red Viking hair and 250lb frame, it was quite a site, believe me!

Oh, gawd, are we all going thru menopause?! I guess we should write a book about "Apron sewing ~ therapy for menopause" ;)

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  07:00:05 AM  Show Profile
oh good..you do that I will buy it in about 20 years and then send it to Nay when I am done with it!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page