Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:03:13 AM  Show Profile
thanks so much mima!!! and isn't that an excellent apron?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Jess....I loved your family history story. Nay has a great family history too. I couldn't sleep well last night and stayed up and caught a special on Typhoid Mary. It was talking about the very conditions your husbands grandmother lived through........she had metal!! What a strong and determined woman and what great kids she raised!!

Gosh Jess........You too are one heck of a woman. Seven kids, traveling husband. I don't think I could do all that you do!!

Bev.....if you meant me as that nice person....gosh, thanks. And I love your new brown and blue apron with the dragonflies.

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://thefabricho.blogspot.com/
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:20:19 AM  Show Profile
George...you would be great at it...and probably way better than me...and you would probably do it with a smile on your face and a pattern on your mind!

I have caught snippits of Na's history...maybe she will share all one day...my grandmother has a really cool one, but I do not know all of it, and she is in some very deep state of alzheimers now! And my dad..well...you know men they never know the answers to the questions you are asking!

Glad you are back and in full swing george!! love ya...jess
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:25:06 AM  Show Profile
No, no,,,,,I've always said that I'd have a dozen kids if I could birth them at 7 years old! LOL....my three are plenty!!!

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:28:03 AM  Show Profile
yikes..that sounds a little painful...i can just start shipping them to you at age 7 if you'd like..i love 0-7's they are so compliant!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I second that Jess....I will take them 0 til about 10....then things start happening and all of a sudden one day you wake up and your precious little one is gone and in it's place is an alien!!!!!

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 22 2007 07:37:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
So what do you think of my new signature? Is it hokey to plug my etsy? should I drop that line? I need your honest opinions...

Aprons and other fun things for sale at:www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OK maybe this is better....

Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 22 2007 07:35:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile
there you go...
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I like the picture.....

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 22 2007 07:43:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  08:50:31 AM  Show Profile
I love it Bev!!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Bev I just love that one. Hmmmm I have a similar butterfly fabric, and I just might give a reversable apron a go with it. Yes, I will probaby keep that one too.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm LOVING the dragonfly apron...totally cool...
Jess..What an interesting family history....
I'd share all my family history, BUT..grandmas got the book...and we are talking book its about an inch thick, on 8 1/2 x 11 pages....a ton of family listed way back from the first Corvin in like 300BC or AD...I remember snippets of it, as I read it straight through one afternoon this past Feb....there are even a few pictures....way cool...I'd like to get it a copy from her, and have Really nice copies of it made up, hard cover, leather bound, with empty pages in back for future generations to add to it...but..unfortunatly....she has a very large family, had like 6-8 siblings...I have a hard time keeping them straight, and couldnt list em all if I tried...and forget birthdays! haha...and thats just her siblings..then thees her nieces and nephews, then their children...i just emailed my...second(?) cousin yesterday...my dad's cousin's daughter...whew...haha

again...am loving the brown and blue dragonfly apron...

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:44:46 AM  Show Profile
Georgann,
I got the apron pattern today. Is the 1949 one a wrap? I didn't think so but since you sent the wrap I thought maybe it was. Couldn't remember. I am cutting this one out today. Just picked up some material and can't wait to get started.

Denise~

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  12:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Bev i love the Apron.. the Light Powder Blue & that Chocolate Brown are really pretty together.. & i LOVE the Dragon Flies.. I could watch them forever in the yard.. They even seem to notice US in the yard.. Watching what WE do too.. funny little guys!

Jess the Story was really a sweet tribute.. That is something really nice to put down for the kids.. deatils often get lost through time & generations.. You could do a mini little Family History book for each of them.. explaining all the events & how the Family actualy all came together.. my kids love hearing things like that..

I think THIS part of the Family will probably REALLY appreciate the Apron & the other great idea's you came up with too.. I think sometimes some generations may have lost the appreciation for hand made things that are meant to be handed down & carried on.. but I'll bet it won't be lost with THIS particular generation.. I think you've come up with just the perfect welcome ideas!

You better get your butt in gear!

Awful dang chipper today Girl!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  12:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Gosh Denise.....I knew I had to stick something extra in yours....the 1949...duh.....knock me in the head! I'll get your 1949 out tomorrow. Mailman already came today...............duh................ The one you have is the wrap pattern

I hope the pattern turns out well for you!! Be sure to try it on to place the ties and the pockets!!

Were the instructions clear enough, and can you understand the pattern pieces?

Thanks for letting me know!

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile
oh yes kathie...very chipper..it is amazing what can happen to you with a big glass of water and acetomenophen/ibuprofen cocktail!! But today is a very good day so far!!!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Aug 22 2007 1:05:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile
So far.. hmmm.. Well i hope the REST of the Day goes JUST As Beautifully for you Dear Little Girl!!!!!

Just keep on with THIS Lovely Frame of Mind Sweet Pea!!!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:12:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm off to visit the Chiropractor...Pinched something in my back and now part of my butt and upper thigh is numb! I'll post more tonight.

Bev, I like your new "sig line"...Plug away girl, our businesses are an important part of our lives and we have to share that

I'm not plugging my site right now due to some major changes I want to make. I'll let y'all know when it's ready to look at.

Jess, I get dizzy when I simply think about "you" taking care of 7 children much less me doing it..LOL I raised two stepsons, ages 10 and 14 to adulthood and that just about did me in.. I never had children of my own. I had planned to have three children (you know how you plan all that stuff when you are a young girl),.Too much traveling and it just didn't happen for me.

My dairy goats, doggies, cats, chickens, etc. have always been my "children"....LOL If they could speak English they would have told you "we have it made"! Now I just have my 4 # Yorkie doggie, Miss Morgan.

Here's Miss Morgan with one of the cloth diapers and a fancy crocheted sweaters that I make. This diaper is made from an old feedsack fabric

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Aug 22 2007 1:16:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh She's adorable Stephanie!

Good luck at the Chiro.. hope your feeling better!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Rat Finks, just got to this thread and realized have to go to doc appointment, gosh you girls have been busy, will have to read like crazy when I get back.
Stephanie what a absolute doll that doggie is!!!
Running out the door, can't be late, why is that when they make us wait....hmmmm
going.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:32:28 PM  Show Profile
cut doggie...ugh...the thought of sweaters right now though.......ugh...its soo hot....heat index of 109(which means its 95-99 out) at 5(FIVE!!!!) in the evening..what the hecks up with that!?
its so hot even inside w/ A/C going full blast....still like 80 something in here....even have the ceiling fans going.....uuuuuuuuuugh...hot hot hot hot hot.....

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, Na....here in Pa it hasn't been out of the 60's for the past 3 days....rain, rain, rain!!!

Stephanie.....adorable pup...my daughter Jenn has one....Cody a boy. He could use some of those diapers to keep him from peeing in the house!! They are a hoot. We buy him clothes for winter time.....shivvering all the time!
Hope your back feels better...that can be such a bummer!

Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Georgann,
I wasn't sur eif it was a different apron or not.
I really like this one. Had to go to the site to see whether it was the 1949 or not.
Can I send you the postage for these or something? I feel bad you having to pay for another parcel.
Hugs,
Denise
Ps. I love the color of your blog. My sil painted their family room in a color like that but I haven't been able to find it in paint here where I am.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh sure! rub the cool weather in will ya! We are diein' for that...we need it!! its been so freakin' HOT here...easily hitting the 90s and like today 101(AT 2:30!!!!!!) and that 109 heat index...that was at 5:00PM....ARGH!....

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page