Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  5:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Whooo hoooo Carol Sue will be "on the web"!! Can't
wait to see some of your schtuffs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  5:45:12 PM  Show Profile
yeah if I can ever get anything finished!!!!!ughhh, having that panicky feeling.....
Get the priviledge of an unexpected doc run on Wednesday, bruising like crazy, they think it is the darn meds....arggghhhhhh I am so over the doc stuff,,,,,then I get told that I need to lose weight, like I don't know that one.....Okay, ranting over.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  6:13:37 PM  Show Profile
OMG, Where do I begin?..my last post was at almost 3am this morning! Y'all have been some kind of creative overnight!

Linda, I see you slipped in after 4am and Elizabeth was on a apron sewing binge with Alexander Henry. By the way, they are all soo totally cool! Love that collection of fabrics.

Bonne, that Flying Witch apron is toooo toooo cool!! Got any left to make a broom cover?

Kathy, You should come up with your very own "unknown language" to scream back with...LOL

Carol Sue, Hang in there and tell your doctor that he doesn't need to "overstate the facts"

Autumn, Your apron and daughter are very pretty! The Bias tape job looks great

Jess, Did you get your sewing machines in place so they blend in?

Georgann, You've gotta clear out the Halloween fabric when you see it go on sale before anyone else can get it. Did you work today...dying to know more about those machines in the back room!

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  6:26:06 PM  Show Profile
OK...got a good look at the machines in the back room today. I wasn't working, but went in to look at them off of the clock.

Here is what they have: 1 White Jeans Machine, 2 White heavy duty machines (good for quilting), one White serger....I bought the serger and a jeans machine. The Jeans Machine is FABULOUS!! The serger, I'm having trouble with it. ONe of the lower loopers won't stay threaded. So, we may have to wait for the next round for a great serger. The serger does have a free arm....That is great....I hope I can get it running.

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  6:34:43 PM  Show Profile
Attn: All Fabric Ho's

Are these cute?
Mama's Feedsacks by Darlene Zimmerman: 1930's Reproduction Fabric for Robert Kaufman

I just found this.... Robert Kaufman fabric has this thing called the clothes line club. But they have special projects for there 1930's fabric and it includes aprons. There is a place that is kinda close.... and I am going to see if I can get the apron patterns and go to the apron ones

http://www.robertkaufman.com/clothesline_club/

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Aug 20 2007 6:35:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:11:54 PM  Show Profile
ooohhhh...i so fit the ho profile..thanks elizabeth...
and Bonne...a broom cover with that fabric is a great idea.

carol sue...hurry up and post us some pics!!

oh, my machines have not all made it home yet...next weekend i am sneeking around collecting them up and showing them their new housing arrangements.

Georgann...where exactly is your treadle my dear? I realize i have mamy moons to go get it before i see you, but i just want to make sure i have it in time fo rthe journey!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:22:11 PM  Show Profile
They carry the Robert Kaufman fabrics at the quilt shop across the road from where I work! I'll stop in and see if they have them.

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:23:40 PM  Show Profile
It is in Springfield Illinois at my sister's house.

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:26:06 PM  Show Profile
send me directions some time and we will bring it to bev's...and a friend of mine from connecticut is going to drop in at bev's and bring me one i have in connecticut also! It will be like a treadle trading tea party!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Jess... if only I had known, but there was a treadle in your area that had the most beautiful cabinet. $30 no bids.... but this was a few weeks ago when I got mine.

The machine looked like a pre 1900, but it would be the perfect cabinet for a lotus.

Now that I know you are collecting them like me.... I will tell you about the ones that are close to you... I almost drove out there to get it.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  7:37:33 PM  Show Profile
beautiful...i have decent cabinets for the 3 i got...i am going to send one kathie's way...my dear friend NEEDS one! I want I want I want many...I think they are great things to have around! I will be keeping my eyes open, let me know if you see something near me you want.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  8:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh, god, I hope I don't catch this "treadle affliction" sounds quite invasive.
We found one at the dump near our lake cottage when I was in jr. high. I got to sew my back to school clothes on it that summer. Wonder what ever became of it~I left the area after college and don't know what my mom did with the things in the cottage after selling it.........long gone by now.....damn, feel like I'm coming down with something.........could be the dreaded...."treadle affliction"...........LOL
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  8:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys give me a few days for the photos, then I will give you a tour of parts of the house and that apron from a skirt. I have to figure out hot to take pictures, thanks to my daughter I kinda get it. LOL Have so much to figure out. Sewing... shoot have been trying to find this room, looked outside and it is dark, drat am not use to this yet. Give me a little time.....I am not so computer literate and now I am learning a new thing. My mother would be proud of me, she is 71 and does lots on her computer along with her digital. Can you believe it??? She is fun I have to say.
going, no one will clean this mess up.....drats, lol I made the mess......
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Bonne, treadle machines are like potato chips...
you cant just have one...
you need many....
Start a collection....
We are...
You want to also...
Pretty Pretty Sewing machines...

E-

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  9:42:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey E-,Love that repro apron fabric, got to go check out that link!

I used to have the dreaded "treadle affliction" They all moved into other homes as I traveled the country years ago and then I never got all of them back.

I want one of the vintage Singer Featherweight machines. Several years ago I almost tore one out a woman's arms at a Goodwill...LOL It was in a cart and no one was around so naturally I had to go check it out and it was a featherweight in pristine condition. As I was reaching for it I heard a voice say, "That's mine"...Oh, I wanted to just grab it and run..RITFLOL The price was $35....I was almost in tears over that. They go for big bucks on Ebay but still look at them. One day I'll splurge and go for it!

Carol Sue,My dad is who got me my first computer the same time he bought himself one back in 1990. He is 76 now and just also bought a Laptop. I know I get my "gadget" affliction from him We have always had this "unspoken" challenge through the years with which one of us has the best system..LOL I'm going to blow him out of the water at the end of the year when I have my new system built You'll get the hang of all of it. Don't fret over it..it just takes doing it a few times and then it's easy.

Georgann,
Just a thought about the serger...I had removed my right side needle since I wanted to do a 3 thread overcast on this Pfaff serger that I traded for with my sister. She took my Babylock...anyway, the lower looper would not stay threaded. I finally put the needle back in and it worked again. Totally different then how the Babylock worked. So just a thought..don't know if it's already set up with both needles. Maybe the tension spring is wore out or misaligned.

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Jess, that photo looks like the one my sister has described to me. She found it for me in a thrift store. It is a three drawer on each side singer. She said it is in beautiful shape with all the attachments, bells and whistles. I'll email you tomorrow with the info. Just think we can be sewing aprons on treadles in the fields of PA. I do think that all sewers need a treadle, whether it is an old one or a converted one. If we were to lose power for any length of time, one might come in handy!!

E...love those prints of yours, I'm glad you are keeping one of your aprons! They are so pretty. Oh, and Autumn....your daugher is beautiful and the apron is adorable too...You did a great job on the bias tape.

ALL APRON PATTERNS ARE ON THE WAY. I hope you don't mind hand drawn on muslin.

Oh, and look at this treadle!

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2887&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=treadle

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George thank you, and you have them done already, gravy I haven't even got my blocks finished and you guys are just whipping along....can I have some of your energy, pass some along....LOL
Carol sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Georgann,

The idea of sewing aprons out in a field is a beautiful visual NOW I want another treadle! The new one is awesome but an old one would be more awesome!

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Naomi .... I found a yard of that brown 7 pink roses fabric... are you sure you dont need it?

E-

Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  11:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth...as long as you dont nee it or have it set aside for a project...I'd love to be able to fix that apron...email me and please please, tell me what you'd like in exchange....
I'm aheadin' to bed now...its uh...1....hehe...yes...1AM....
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
night ladies....

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  11:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Georgann, LOL I am keeping all of those aprons. But since at this point, I dont need any more... I am trying to focus on tote bags.... Maybe I will move to head bands next. I do need to make Bill a few new RenFaire shirts.... and Henry something. Oh and I should finish my silk dress....

So much fabric and so little time.... and I have extra Joann's coupons. They shouldnt be wasted!

Jess, ya know that Joanns headquarters is in Ohio... Maybe you and the farmgirls should make a detour on your way to Bev's. I have heard that they really do have a lot more fabric. And fabric that the rest of the stores dont get. AND a Rockin clearance section.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  04:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OMG.....I can never let this many days pass without getting online again....you gals have been so very busy!

Jess.....love the machine....wow...3 of them?

E....the aprons are adorable...you and I have the same fabric tastes. I need to make a road trip to Ohio to go to your JoAnns...we have two locally. One is pretty good (but not that good) and one is lousy. You find the cutest fabric...I am so envious....I have FABRIC ENVY!!! When are you going to start to sell fabric so I can buy my yummy stuff from you?

Na.....I like the apron from Kathie's pattern....you are such a crafty gal...imagine where this will take you by the time you are my age....OMG....and I will be dead by then (perish the thought)

Kathie....are you working yourself into the ground, girl? Your sewing machine misses you!

Autumn.....cute apron, adorable daughter!

Bonne.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Halloween apron.....I need that one too!!

Georgann....I HAVE the Jean's Machine....I bought it about a year ago at Hancock....you are right it is a great machine. I had a blast imagining your first day at work....you could run the place, you know....like you need that!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 21 2007 04:22:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  04:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Jess, I love the tea cup swap idea!

Carol Sue......pictures please!

I agree with all of you....we have plenty of time to sleep when we are dead...but my DH also likes me to warm the bed for him....so I don't have nights to sew. WHAAAAAAAA!

I did make two aprons yesterday....pictures coming right up!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  04:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh yea...thanks for all the kind thoughts after my bucking bronco ride on Saturday....unbelievable no bruises.....landed on a soft butt!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  05:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
More cherries???? and strawberries....red and white polka dot on the other side..

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page